Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you got a cervix?

Have you got a cervix?

Individuals with a cervix are now recommended to start cervical cancer screening at 25 and continue through age 65

Story: CNN

You couldn't make it up

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/30/h...ess/index.html

2. Likes dougrz liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Individuals with a cervix are now recommended to start cervical cancer screening at 25 and continue through age 65

Story: CNN

You couldn't make it up

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/30/h...ess/index.html
    Why is this a facepalm moment for you?

Do you take issue with the way they worded this?

Or the recommendation to be screened every 5 years?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Why is this a facepalm moment for you?

Do you take issue with the way why worded this?

Or the recommendation to be screened every 5 years?

Blue, c'mon. "Individuals with a cervix" doesn't strike you as insane?

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    Hey, on my next colonoscopy email notification I want it to read "Based on our previous procedures we believe you have a Colon. Based on you being an individual with a Colon, it is time for your 3 year routine examination. Please let us know if you are an individual no longer with a Colon".

I don't see anything wrong with this.

Is the "women" word now banned as well Next thing will be "People with a sperm count..."

I'll get me coat.

8. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    You would be surprised to know that it is an issue with people who identify as a sex they were not born with.

Lab values for a female and a male can very significantly and don't change even if you think you have.

So no... given what I have seen and talked about in the lab. I don't find it insane to state the obvious.

However I can see how people outside of the medical field would.

Chere'

Is the "women" word now banned as well Next thing will be "People with a sperm count..."

I'll get me coat.
    Rob, you're seeing the Great USA disintegrate before your very eyes. Remember how we used to swagger around with our c*ck hanging out? Fist in the air..."Don't f*ck with us!"

Now we have to accommodate those that can't figure out what it is between their legs.

From now on, if you take a shot at America...I'm not going to bust your chops anymore.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Such as myself....

"Damn those people that don't take serious shit seriously!"

12. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Rob, you're seeing the Great USA disintegrate before your very eyes. Remember how we used to swagger around with our c*ck hanging out? Fist in the air..."Don't f*ck with us!"

Now we have to accommodate those that can't figure out what it is between their legs.

From now on, if you take a shot at America...I'm not going to bust your chops anymore.
    No I'm not, Byron; it's happening all over the world. Political correctness gone mad! Particularly here in the UK!

(Oh, I missed your bit about "taking a shot at America"...that was not at all intended...we're all as bad over here.)

(Oh, I missed your bit about "taking a shot at America"...that was not at all intended...we're all as bad over here.)
    I'm referring to past transgressions...certainly not this one. I've gotten on your back a few times, but I won't anymore.

Unless of course, you badmouth our great supreme leader Trump...

15. Likes jman liked this post
    You would be surprised to know that it is an issue with people who identify as a sex they were not born with.

Lab values for a female and a male can very significantly and don't change even if you think you have.

So no... given what I have seen and talked about in the lab. I don't find it insane to state the obvious.

No offense, but a reply like this makes the rational 80%, that reject politically induced psychotic transgenderism, view medicine as corrupted now.

But I prefer clarity to agreement and appreciate the honest reply.

No offense, but a reply like this makes the rational 80%, that reject politically induced psychotic transgenderism, view medicine as corrupted now.

But I prefer clarity to agreement and appreciate the honest reply.
    Maybe you miss understood what I was trying to say.

Right or wrong I don't care what a person chooses to identify as. Or if people believe they have a right to change their gender identity or not.

It happens to be an issue when a individual comes in and says they are male when they are really female or vice versa. It happens.

Seeing a statement such as a "person with a cervix" doesn't shock me or do I find it funny in this day and age. Sometimes even stating the obvious people don't think it applies to them.

If trying to state the obvious to help people who struggle with the obvious makes you view medicine as corrupt. I don't know what to tell you.

Chere'

But they can't argue with an anatomy they are born with, up to the point they decide to change it surgically.

I was very surprised to see your very quick adverse reaction to my original post, given that I hitherto respected your medical posts.

Rob

19. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    But they can't argue with an anatomy they are born with, up to the point they decide to change it surgically.

I was very surprised to see your very quick adverse reaction to my original post, given that I hitherto respected your medical posts.

Rob
    I was genuinely asking what you were facepalming.

If we were balking at HVP all together I wasn't going to be very nice. I have had a friend die of cervical cancer leaving 4 children and a husband behind. My sister recently had her cervix removed after being allowed to have one more child. And several other friends lives including my own touched by cervical cancer.

I get why you are making fun of the wording. I genuinely was trying to point out why it was stated like that. Not for political correctness but because some individuals think that once they identify as the opposite gender they don't worry about a cancer that effects women more than men in this instance.

Chere'

I was genuinely asking what you were facepalming.
    "Individuals with a cervix"

Men can't have one implanted, to my knowledge, so why not just say "Women"?
    Or is that against the law in the USA?
    I meant no offence to you, but I find it strange that a major news network like CNN has to play to the apparent panderings of political (and sexual?) correctness.

Seeing a statement such as a "person with a cervix" doesn't shock me or do I find it funny in this day and age. Sometimes even stating the obvious people don't think it applies to them.

If trying to state the obvious to help people who struggle with the obvious makes you view medicine as corrupt. I don't know what to tell you.
    That was a great reply. In that it's illuminating, I understand. But it's this: medicine is a science. There is objective scientific truth, and it is subverted by the language the article uses.

It's one thing to say, "We have patients who will get agitated and cause trouble if we don't play along with their games, so we do." Versus, "individuals with a cervix" in a factual article.

I find it strange that a major news network like CNN has to play to the apparent panderings of political (and sexual?) correctness.
    What what WHAT!!!

24. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    "Individuals with a cervix"

Men can't have one implanted, to my knowledge, so why not just say "Women"?
    Or is that against the law in the USA?
    I meant no offence to you, but I find it strange that a major news network like CNN has to play to the apparent panderings of political (and sexual?) correctness.
    And like I said you would be surprised at how many transgender men who no longer identify as a women. Somehow don't think cervix cancer would apply to them.

Or women do have cervix removed. Then this would not apply to them.

Or here is another thought. You pointing out that you can't have a cervix implanted. You can have a whole put there that acts as a vaigina done by vaginoplasty. This is not a cervix. But I could see a individual who had this done somehow worried about HPV cancer could be a problem for them.

You laugh and say I am pulling at straws now. But this scenario in various forms happens more often than I have seen it personally. Here is the scenario I did witness.

Person thinks they have a parasite. Goes to the doctor. No reason for this person to have one. No place they have been to be exposed to it. Probably watched a documentary on parasites and is now throughly freaked out. Continues to go to the doctor multiple times and submit samples. In this particular case it was urine. Parasites in urine are pretty rare and there are three. Trichomonas, Schistosoma heamatobium, and pinworm that we do watch for. The last two if you see them in unrine are because of fecal contamination. Trich in urine is a golden egg to techs. To see a live one. Really gets us excited. Anyhooo all of which you have to have a microscope to see.

This individual claimed they could see the parasite in their urine. Long and skinny.. to a tech or doctor we instantly think maybe they are passing roundworms. Which if this is the case easy blood test to see if they have antibodies to the roundworm. This person did not so no they were not passing round worms. Person constantly was at the docs and took to calling us in the lab when their specimens were submitted.

Nothing in that urine but epithelial cells. But they were persistent. And the doctor bless his heart was compassionate. I don't know how the story ended. I do know that for sometime we still received urine specimens that we were instructed to look for parasites. And we took looking for parasites in this person's urine seriously even though we knew we wouldn't find anything.

My point is when dealing with people in the medicine not all of them are coming to us with a full deck. Mental illness is a thing. So are hypochondriacs. So is the need to state things that are obvious to you and me in away that seems ridiculous.

I guess being in medicine I take a more compassionate approach to stuff like this.

Chere'

I don't know how the story ended.
    I do...that person went home after every visit and pounded the pud until he/she/whatever had an orgasm.

Hypochondria or sexual fetish...one or the other.

1980: I’ll bet by 2020 we’ll have flying cars.

2020: We no longer have a word for individuals with a cervix.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

28. Likes devo_stevo, Iceaxe, rockgremlin liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum