Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Independance Day

Britian abolished slavery in most British colonies on August 1, 1834 under the Slavery Abolition Act.

If the US had of remained under British rule they most likely would have been included... in short the US was 30 years behind England on this issue.

FWIW - Mauritania is the world's last country to abolish slavery and the country didn't make slavery a crime until 2007.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Byron, I hope my last post to rockgremlin has helped?

I'm not very knowledgeable on either British or American slavery history, so please research away! (It might be an education for me!)

Thanks,
    Rob
    Thanks Rob, your post was outstanding.

Indeed I did do some research...you and Shane covered the big items but slavery amongst the colonies (English the world over) was given the blind eye even with it banned in England. I was wrong about the Dutch...they were ruthless.

So to the question of wether or not America would have kept slaves if the British won the war...I think that perhaps the southern states would have eventually declared war on England. Their entire economy was built on it.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

https://www.facebook.com/10000113608...522293228943/?

National Anthem sung to video of shots of LA from helicopter showing all of the ‘illegal’ fireworks being lit. Cool trolling and parody.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/10000113608...522293228943/?

National Anthem sung to video of shots of LA from helicopter showing all of the ‘illegal’ fireworks being lit. Cool trolling and parody.
    If that's real...then it's FRIGGING INCREDIBLE! I've got to know if it's real or fake...if you know one way or the other, do tell.

If it's real, the liberals are going to get floor mopped in a few months. It was lit up real good here in Denver, but this is just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    If that's real...then it's FRIGGING INCREDIBLE! I've got to know if it's real or fake...if you know one way or the other, do tell.

If it's real, the liberals are going to get floor mopped in a few months. It was lit up real good here in Denver, but this is just insane.
    The video is real. A local LA news outlet was airing a similar one from their own chopper, and the comments from the anchors were hilarious - they were all freaking out that all of those were going off in spite of the laws banning them, they were completely stunned and in total shock, almost panicking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/0...-july-4th-sky/

8. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    The video is real. A local LA news outlet was airing a similar one from their own chopper, and the comments from the anchors were hilarious - they were all freaking out that all of those were going off in spite of the laws banning them, they were completely stunned and in total shock, almost panicking.

The upcoming elections, my friends...are a forgone conclusion. That's friggin' flag waving on a epic scale right there.

10. Likes Iceaxe, BasinCruiser liked this post
    I know where I’m going for 7/4/2021.

Alaska - launching patriot cars off cliff

http://www.facebook.com/338044476535...27621539/?vh=e

12. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum