Thread: Vehicle storage of CCW

Vehicle storage of CCW

Any recommendations for products or methods to secure a CCW in a vehicle? I'm looking for a good storage product to securely lock my CCW in my vehicle, primariy at work. With all of this social unrest going on, with these BLM and Antifa flash mobs stopping traffic, I feel I need to start carrying some protection with me to and from work. But, due to weapons are strictly forbiden at work, despite never being searched upon entry, I don't want a mishap to occur that would result in me getting fired. So, i'm looking for a good reliable lock box to store my CCW in my vehicle, while it am at work.

What do you guys use/recommend?
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    What kind of vehicle and how quickly do you want to be able to access it?
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Without immediate access a weapon is useless... YMMV

I could only imagine a strong, steel box with one hell of a heavy duty lock. Something about twice the size of a shoebox, bolted thru the floor. It would have to be able to withstand hits from a sledgehammer, and still allow you to access it.

IDK...seems to me the firearm should be on your body at all times, but your work situation is a problem...either get that box or travel to and from work unarmed. If you find something, let us know what it is.

I'll be doing the same thing if it starts to get sketchy in the residential neighborhoods...I work all over town. I walked up to two cops a few days ago to offer my support and they told me to be careful, because cops all over the city are busy with greatly increased burglaries and vehicle theft. One of the cops said "It's like they got the go signal".
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

I agree with Shane. My CCW is carried with me, I don't need a place to lock it up

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I use an NRA under-steering wheel holster. Quick access and if I park someplace sketch, I just carry the .45 on me, rather than leave in the vehicle.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

This would be for a Dodge Dart. I'm looking for something that could possibly be hidden, but secure if found. Maybe they don't make anything like that, IDK. I was just wondering if anyone has or knows of car safes that a gun can be securly locked in a vehicle.

I know nothing is fullproof. I'm just looking to protect against majority of smash and grabs. Similar to having a lock and cable for my MTB on my vehicle. I know that there are pros out there that any lock on a bike to a vehicle would only slow them down for about a minute, if that. But, i believe that the majority of cases of MTB being stolen off of vehicles are just opportunistic thieves that see a bike on a vehicle will take it if it's not much trouble.

My plan would be to carry it on me IWB while driving and running errands. Then, when i get to work, stash it and lock it away somewhere in the car while i go into work. And then after work, come out to the car, pull the CCW out, and return it to IWB, and then continue on with my day.

I don't understand the logic and game plan for the security at my work. There are several buildings on campus, and there are multiple egresses to each building, with one or two egress having a security guard there. They have signs saying no weopons at each entrance, and people are subject to random searches, but in 17 yrs, i've never seen anyone searched upon entry. The guards are unarmed. Mostly, they are there so that if an employee shows up and forgets their badge, they will issue and activate a temporary badge. If someone wanted to pull a mass shooting/suicide, they could easily knock on the door and the guard would let them in, if they weren't an employee, or badge into any of the other entrences, pop off the guard, and then go on to commit chaos and terror all they wanted.

Out in the parking lot, they have had trouble with smash and grabs. I've noticed a few years that right when school gets out for the summer, there is a noticable rise in break-ins in the parking lot (see piles of glass at several stalls) for a couple of weeks. So, it seems like the whole thing is a catch 22. Either take a risk and carry into work - hope there isn't an incident where someone finds out I have a piece on me, leave it in car to potentially get stolen, find a way to lock it up to reduce the chance of it getting stolen if car is broken into, or not carry at all and hope i don't need it going to/from work. Sucks.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

I put a Tuffy box under my Jeep's seat. For anything of smash and grab value. They may not make anything for a Dart, though.

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/