Thread: Idaho Regatta 2020

Idaho Regatta 2020

Some pictures from this weekend's Burley Boat Races...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

A couple more...

Pshhhhh....not one single face mask...anywhere.

What body of water is this?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Snake River... and nope not a mask in sight. They had a huge number of race boats attend. Just about every boat racer from California, Washington and Oregon showed up because they said it would probably be their only chance to race this year as their liberal governments would not be granting them the required permits this year.

There is talk of holding the US National Championship in Burley at the end of summer. It's usually held in Long Beach CA but the permits were ready denied.

I did have to sign a waiver to attend the event that basically said if I get Covid-19 it's my own damn fault.

6. Likes Byron liked this post
    That mid life krisis says it all...you get into this either because you got money to burn or the obsession costs you all your money.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    That mid life krisis says it all...you get into this either because you got money to burn or the obsession costs you all your money.
    Hahaha.... you really don't understand what makes a racer... all of them entered the sport at a very young age before they had a pot to piss in.

Racing is something you are born with in your blood and 99% of the people will never understand it.

Me personally I began racing motorcycles at 10, went pro at 16, and spent the next 16 years of my life making a living on a race track with motorcycles and then cars. At the time I couldn't imagine doing anything else. I became an engineer and got my engineering degree not to make a living, but so I could understand the race cars and know how to make them go faster. It also greatly increased my value to the race team as I could do two jobs, driver and team engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Racing is something you are born with in your blood and 99% of the people will never understand it.
    When I was 13 years old I had a skateboard. It was pretty cheap, anything over 20MPH and it would wobble all to hell.

I was living in the high desert north of LA and there was a two mile stretch of downhill asphalt from the school to my house. It was steep, too. That road actually led to town...Phelan, CA.

Anyway, this guy Robb had what was then a "longboard" with nice wheels on it and he'd fly down that hill but not nonstop...he kept saying he was going to run the whole thing someday at full speed. I was there when he did it and I saw him crash. He was probably going 50MPH when his board wobbled and he came off. He was only wearing shorts and a t-shirt and got road rash so bad he had to go to the hospital.

I remember watching him coming down that hill and thinking how reckless it was...blowing past any kind of safety at all. Ever since then, I've regarded the racer types as having just a little bit of nuts bouncing around in their heads.

That guy Robb actually had one of the very first snowboards. A split tail thing that was quite the novelty..December 1977 at the ski resorts north of LA. Kinda cool to have seen the birth of that.

Those are the two things I remember most about Robb.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

10. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    ^^^Racers definitely have a screw loose somewhere in their head, as they are willing to risk so much for so little.