Thread: It's official......I am a Corona virus survivor

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

It's official......I am a Corona virus survivor

My brother in law brought the virus back from Chicago after attending his father's funeral 3 weeks ago. His father passed due to complications from the virus, but he had been ill for nearly a year - in and out of the hospital. His sister was there from South Carolina with her family. To date, my brother in law, his sister, her husband, his mother and me all came down with the virus. From Chicago to S Carolina to St. George. I managed to get through it at home (I tested positive 9 days ago) and my brother in law just came out of the hospital after spending 8 days in the Covid ward in Dixie Regional. He got the full treatment of plasma, drugs, etc. It took about 5 days for him to be able to actually speak normally again. Lucky we didn't lose him.

I almost feel like a human again (shut up.......) and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. So....for all the fun I made etc., guess karma is truly a bitch and came back to bite with a vengeance! My brother in law's mother is now in the ICU and it doesn't look good for her recovery. A lot may have to do with the fact she just lost her husband of 60+ years as far as her desire and will to live.

Hope y'all are all well and healthy out there!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313 View Post
    My brother in law brought the virus back from Chicago after attending his father's funeral 3 weeks ago. His father passed due to complications from the virus, but he had been ill for nearly a year - in and out of the hospital. His sister was there from South Carolina with her family. To date, my brother in law, his sister, her husband, his mother and me all came down with the virus. From Chicago to S Carolina to St. George. I managed to get through it at home (I tested positive 9 days ago) and my brother in law just came out of the hospital after spending 8 days in the Covid ward in Dixie Regional. He got the full treatment of plasma, drugs, etc. It took about 5 days for him to be able to actually speak normally again. Lucky we didn't lose him.

I almost feel like a human again (shut up.......) and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. So....for all the fun I made etc., guess karma is truly a bitch and came back to bite with a vengeance! My brother in law's mother is now in the ICU and it doesn't look good for her recovery. A lot may have to do with the fact she just lost her husband of 60+ years as far as her desire and will to live.

Hope y'all are all well and healthy out there!
    Savanna I am sorry to hear this. And glad you are on the mend. I am glad your brother in law is out of the hospital.

Continue to get healthy!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

Thank you Chere! So much for precautions, quarantining, etc...etc.... if you're going to get it, you're going to get it!

5. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313 View Post
    . if you're going to get it, you're going to get it!

I think that's my mentality about it right now.

I'm glad to hear that you pulled through and are on the mend. Now I can officially claim I know someone who's had it.

Did they give you the option/opportunity to donate antibodies? I'd like to hear more about how it affected you, ie symptoms, onset, etc. if you're willing.

How careful were you about distancing, handwashing and mask wearing just prior to getting it?
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 06-15-2020 at 12:06 PM.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

7. Likes savanna3313 liked this post
    I just finished a job for two working doctors, they told me this virus is indeed deadly. They've seen young, healthy people killed by it.

They told me, "Be safe, Byron. Wear a mask, wash your hands. It's important".

I've know these people for 20 years and they're not prone to embellishment...so my somewhat cavalier attitude about it has been undermined a bit. I want to die of old age, not struck down by a stinking virus! I suppose I'll just start washing my hands more.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

9. Likes savanna3313, blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    They've seen young, healthy people killed by it.
    Can you die from it at a younger age without any pre-existing conditions? Sure. But it's statistically very unlikely.

If you read up on the fatality reports of Covid deaths they all read almost identical to each other: Over 65 (many over the age of 85), and/or also have pre-existing conditions like diabetes, or lung disease, etc.

No...they told me young, athletic people with no underlying health issues had their lungs fill with cement like fluid that even the ventilators couldn't keep up with, others that came very close to death.

These people are not full of shit. Rare or not, it's certainly best avoided, if that's even really possible.

Let's not hijack this thread. All I'm saying is that I'm going to be more careful because two people I trust told me I should.

12. Likes blueeyes, savanna3313 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I think that's my mentality about it right now.

I'm glad to hear that you pulled through and are on the mend. Now I can officially claim I know someone who's had it.

Did they give you the option/opportunity to donate antibodies? I'd like to hear more about how it affected you, ie symptoms, onset, etc. if you're willing.

How careful were you about distancing, handwashing and mask wearing just prior to getting it?
    All of the above. In my mind the worst was over, and then we started seeing the spike in our area once things became more relaxed in the state. I had only known one friend who came down with it and he lives in New Orleans. I will know in a couple of weeks if I actually carry antibodies.....I have to wait a certain time period. Symptoms basically consisted of just feeling extremely tired - literally just wanting to stay in bed and be left alone. Then the fever, cough, aches and pains - basically like a regular flu which I haven't had in years. I went to get tested after my brother in law went into the hospital and I was positive. I feel pretty fortunate that I didn't get as bad a case as he did. It takes a lot to keep this old broad down!

I was given a Zpac to get started with and if that didn't help, the next step was going to be hydroxychloroquine. My brother in law was on an antibody plasma infusion and the drug remdesivir in the hospital. He's home and back to his old curmudgeon self! I am part of a test case study, so unless I grow an additional body part or something, I am doing alright!

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    No...they told me young, athletic people with no underlying health issues had their lungs fill with cement like fluid that even the ventilators couldn't keep up with, others that came very close to death.
    If they told you that then they lied... I've looked at the statistics and the chances of a young (under 55) healthy person dying from Covid are extremely small. To put it in perspective they have a greater chance of dying in a car accident.

If you think I'm full of shit look it up and do the math.

15. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    what did Mark Twain say?

Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    If they told you that then they lied... I've looked at the statistics and the chances of a young (under 55) healthy person dying from Covid are extremely small. To put it in perspective they have a great chance of dying in a car accident.

If you think I'm full of shit look it up and do the math.
    Ice he didn't say they died. He said there lungs filled up with cement that the ventilators couldn't keep up with. That is not death. That is one hell of a hospital stay.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

Every chart from multiple different organizations says the same thing -- Covid is deadly especially for older folks. I think your doctor friends may have embellished a little bit.

Name:  HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  58.8 KB
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 06-15-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I think your doctor friends may have embellished a little bit.

You may be right...I just looked it up.

Charlie and Sue are both in their late 60s, both are doctors that still work in Aurora, Co. He's a heart surgeon. They're both smart and nice. She'll vote for Trump, he'll vote for Biden. She had a real redneck kinda upbringing, he's from a wealthy family in Argentina.

Just goes to show ya, nobody is beyond adding a load of sugary BS just to pump it up. I'll never call them out on it, though. Charlie said young ones have died, Sue told me about the lungs full of cement thing.

some-severe-coronavirus-cases-see-complete-disruption-of-lung-architecture-doctor-warns