Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bonneville Speedweek 2020

I hope this guy is going to make it.

WENDOVER, Utah – A 69-year-old motorcyclist from California crashed his bike while attempting to set a speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats, according to officials with the Southern California Timing Association.

Officials said veteran rider Ralph Hudson lost control of his vehicle around 8:20 a.m. Friday. He traveling approximately 252 mph at the time of the crash.

Hudson was treated at the scene of the crash before being airlifted to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray. No update on his condition was immediately available.

A “unique” 72nd Speed Week at the salt flats wrapped up Friday. Around 200 racers competed compared to the usual 500 that make the trek out to Wendover each summer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well crap, I wasn't able to take my boy out there this week. Maybe we can catch one of the other events this fall.

Curious, do they have any "no drones allowed" signs anywhere?

Speedweek is the biggest event by far each year. World of Speed is second largest and has been canceled this year.

I haven't seen any no drone signs. I looked on YouTube and see several drone videos from Speedweek.

SCTA World Finals
    September 29 - October 2

Anyone going to World Finals needs to have these forms signed in BLUE ink.

http://www.scta-bni.org/2020-wf-mand...ase-forms.html

See ya on the Salt!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I hope this guy is going to make it.

WENDOVER, Utah – A 69-year-old motorcyclist from California crashed his bike while attempting to set a speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats, according to officials with the Southern California Timing Association.

Officials said veteran rider Ralph Hudson lost control of his vehicle around 8:20 a.m. Friday. He traveling approximately 252 mph at the time of the crash.

Hudson was treated at the scene of the crash before being airlifted to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray. No update on his condition was immediately available.

A “unique” 72nd Speed Week at the salt flats wrapped up Friday. Around 200 racers competed compared to the usual 500 that make the trek out to Wendover each summer.

It is with a breaking heart I must inform our racing community that Ralph Hudson succumbed last night to the injuries he suffered at Bonneville on August 14. He was surrounded by his son David, myself and his best friend of 30 years, Linda. Information regarding a celebration of life and a memorial scholarship in Ralph’s name will follow when available. We sincerely thank everyone for their kind words, prayers and support during this very difficult time. Ralph would want everyone to stay strong and keep going fast…Leslie Murray

7. Likes Sandstone Addiction, oldno7 liked this post