Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd

Name:  DC9884CE-C711-4D11-B33F-65BAA32420FD.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  22.6 KB
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Name:  DC9884CE-C711-4D11-B33F-65BAA32420FD.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  22.6 KB

To be honest, the Watts riots of 1965, Rodney King riots of 1992, King assassination riots of 1968, and the civil unrest in the weeks prior to the Kent State Massacre were very shaky times as well. Some very unsettling things occurred that would make current events pale in comparison. Check it out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_riots

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_assassination_riots

This country has been through an awful lot. Fortunately (or unfortunately) humans have a short term memory when it comes to history.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

4. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Some very unsettling things occurred that would make current events pale in comparison.

This country has been through an awful lot. Fortunately (or unfortunately) humans have a short term memory when it comes to history.
    I certainly agree that what's happening right now seems quite lightweight compared to the mayhem of the past. All that violence and what did it get them? Not much, it seems.

IMO, it all boils down to culture. I remember back in the 80s...we had stuff like the Cosby Show and The Jeffersons, Family Matters, Benson, Different Strokes...all depicting blacks "assimilating" into white culture, with a lot of peace loving morality weaved into the episodes. Music, too...nice and clean. MC Hammer, Lionel Richie, Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson, etc...everybody was nice and friendly and the image was black, but mixed with 80s era New Wave culture.

And then...NWA came out with "Straight Outta Compton" and that changed everything. "Gangsta Rap" they called it. I remember seeing an interview with Ice T when he said that the bullshit imagery of blacks living like white people hit the skids with that album. This is what it was REALLY like and there was no going back...pants hanging down to the knees and shoes with no laces emulated jail fashion...they don't let you have belts or shoelaces when they put you in the clink. The lyrics were violent...glorifying drugs, the degradation of women, assault, etc...

Plenty of white people had been singing about stuff like that for years, but the difference was the with the whites, it was all about partying, getting laid and high. With the gansta stuff...it was serious. They meant it.

It's intimidating. It was then and still is. People crossing the street when they see (especially) young blacks heading their way is more a function of safety, not so much "race hate", I would say. That's how it works for me, at least. Take most of these tattooed, pierced, black hair and clothing goth whites and likely get the same result.

People are always going to recoil away from sketchy looks and behavior...it's too bad the cultural optics have detrimental effects, but most people actively try to avoid trouble. Like that saying that sprang up in the 1960s..."Clean up your act".
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Stop the press -- Trump says there will be no disbanding of police:

https://news.trust.org/item/20200608184859-v8opr

"WASHINGTON, June 8 (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Monday there will not be any disbanding of police following calls for law enforcement to be defunded in the aftermath of the death of a black man in police custody in Minneapolis that has sparked nationwide protests...."

Last edited by rockgremlin; 06-08-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Well yeah...even Biden had to say it's a dumb idea. Although all the other so call Dem leaders are doing the squishy thing.

Things that are legitimate are backed with conviction...the Dems just continue to puke all over themselves. I can't believe anyone is truly worried about this...it's just an attention deflection and cash grab, too boot. Blame the cops for "everything", buy more votes and pocket a few bucks for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    It's intimidating. It was then and still is. People crossing the street when they see (especially) young blacks heading their way is more a function of safety, not so much "race hate", I would say. That's how it works for me, at least. Take most of these tattooed, pierced, black hair and clothing goth whites and likely get the same result..
    I agree with you 100% . I have this effect on people all the time and I get stopped by the police regularly. I am heavily tattooed, wear a Mohawk (with what is left of my hair !) I am 6' 1 , 230 Lbs, I weight train religiously and I am often seen wearing a kilt.
    If I had a shiny nickle for every time I intimidated someone on the street or in a store.....
    Living in Saint George I harbor no ill feelings toward this treatment, I know full well how I look and understand peoples reaction towards me.
    The saddest thing is it makes no difference how I dress, I still see young mothers grabbing their children and pulling them to their sides screaming in horror " My God What is that Thing ! "

9. Likes accadacca, Byron, Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by windminstrel View Post
    I agree with you 100% . I have this effect on people all the time and I get stopped by the police regularly. I am heavily tattooed, wear a Mohawk (with what is left of my hair !) I am 6' 1 , 230 Lbs, I weight train religiously and I am often seen wearing a kilt.
    If I had a shiny nickle for every time I intimidated someone on the street or in a store.....
    Living in Saint George I harbor no ill feelings toward this treatment, I know full well how I look and understand peoples reaction towards me.
    The saddest thing is it makes no difference how I dress, I still see young mothers grabbing their children and pulling them to their sides screaming in horror " My God What is that Thing ! "
    Yeah...and I reckon you're probably the kind of guy that would go out of his way to help an old lady cross the street. Perception and reality can be two different things, eh?

I've got a friend that has tattoos on his arm of hot zombie chicks with the tits and ass gnawing on severed limbs...quite prominent, covering his arm. He's a big dude, built like a bodybuilder (and he is) good looking but tough looking at the same time. He looks a bit intimidating with the tats, but gay as hell when he's got his canyoneering gear on. When I first met him, I though "Hmmm...I wonder if he has a short fuse?"

He doesn't. He's super nice, kinda quiet. A great father. He doesn't like the cops, that's for sure. He's been hassled. He and I had discussions about that (I'm pro cop) but he's locked in regards to the police. He doesn't trust them...and he has his reasons.

I was driving on a lonely highway in central Colorado with my then girlfriend Diane. She was astonishingly beautiful...you could be 300' away from her but think "Damn, that a good looking gal over there". Anyway, I wasn't speeding or doing anything wrong when we passed a cop on the side of the road. He got behind me and after a full 5 minutes of riding my ass, he pulled me over.

Had me get out of the truck and stand by the side of the road while he eyeballed Diane. It was creepy and weird...I didn't ask why he pulled me over, I just complied because I didn't want to piss him off...he was a strange one. He asked a couple questions..."Where are you going" "Where have you been"...all the while just staring at Diane.

When he finally let us go, Diane was pretty freaked out. She was a bit naive, and although she knew very well what had just happened, she couldn't understand how a police officer could do such a thing. Her perception of the police is that they were all righteous and professional. She was quiet for a long time after that. It shook her up, like she was groped.

I told her "There's no shortage of weirdos in the world, honey. We just ran into one".

12. Likes Byron, rockgremlin liked this post
    Name:  FFE34D42-9DDF-4956-97E2-BF0B923F09D3.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  26.8 KB

They're still carting this guys body around? Jeez, he died two weeks ago. This is like a martyr freakout you see in the Middle East.

Their hero was a thug. I think he represents frustration more than "police brutality".

Please stop asking these people if they can be any more ridiculous. They are taking it as a challenge.

Name:  450003A6-A9A2-4728-8642-4E473CD53366.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  20.7 KB

17. Likes dougrz liked this post
    Please stop asking these people if they can be any more ridiculous. They are taking it as a challenge.

^^^Not how I'd want to spend my retirement, but whatever.

And the legislators are also treating the challenge to see how stupid they can be.

Name:  0D7CA098-5522-491B-8265-F5440357FE37.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  34.2 KB

I got your reparations right here: 1 way ticket to Africa (any country of your choice). By being brought here for slavery, your ancestors made it so you can be born and live in America rather than in the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    That is a British Soldier in a Beret...possibly SAS (a bit difficult to tell the badge in your Black-and-White image) It certainly looks like a British rifle, but I'm not an expert. The puttees are definitely British.

21. Likes Sombeech liked this post

Name:  what-youve-just-said-is-one-of-the-most-insanely-idiotic-things-i-have-ever-heard-at-no-point-in.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  138.6 KB

Seriously one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. Even if every black person got $350K they'd still bitch about oppression and claim that $350K wasn't enough.

How do you put a price tag on human pain and suffering? The notion that the enslavement and murder of someone's ancestors can be pardoned with money is insulting.

23. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post

Big problem for this guy...people like me.

Especially with point #1...Assume you have it. Well, I'd tell this guy right to his face to kiss my ass. Sucks to be you, pops. Good luck with your little sign there.
    Point #2..."Experts", huh? Like the ones that insist all whites are racist by birth?
    Point #3...Who's spreading it? That's right...you are.
    Point #4...Change my life to end it? End what?...your psychosis?

Treat it like Covid-19? OK...I'll just stay away from people like you and everything will be hunky dory.

25. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    And the legislators are also treating the challenge to see how stupid they can be.

I got your reparations right here: 1 way ticket to Africa (any country of your choice). By being brought here for slavery, your ancestors made it so you can be born and live in America rather than in the Sahara.
    I just went looking for it, but couldn't find it...too bad. About 20 years ago, there was a black guy who wrote a book about his slave ancestors...he was being interviewed on Fox and the title of his book was "I'm glad he couldn't run" or something like that.

The person he was talking about was his long dead relatives going back to the 1700s...brought to America on a slave ship, thereby making his ancestors natives of America and not Africa. The point of his book was to be grateful for it...better to be here than there.

OK this is supposed to be normal. Here's a woman upset because she can't loot a store, as it's guarded by armed men.

Warning, language.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...store-n2570194

Here's the video

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Imagine living with that much racism and hate in your soul. Geez man. Calm down, woman.