Thread: The keys are in the ignition...

The keys are in the ignition...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'd take the Falcon, but put a supercharger on it that actually works.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

The Ferrari Testarossa mostly because it's worth the most as none of those cars really appeal to me except perhaps the General Lee.

There are several cars on the list, led by the Ghost Busters, that you couldn't pay me to take.

I don't know, Ice. That Aston Martin DB5 would be worth a hefty pile of money these days. Although, the Testarossa is probably at the top of the money list, that one's close.

As a side note, they have the "Ferrari" that was used in the Magnum PI show on the back lot tour at Universal Studios. It's not even close to real. It's a hilariously small and poorly made kit car made to look like that Ferrari. Pretty funny actually. They weren't really going to treat a real Ferrari the way they get treated in those TV shows. That would be too expensive, even for them.

6. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    The original Ferrari Daytona Spider used in Miami Vice was actually a kit car made from a Corvette. Real Daytona's go for seven figures. Ferrari hated them using the kit car and gave them the Testarossa if they would use a real Ferrari, if you pay attention the Testarossa was never really beat on... however the show where the Daytona was destroyed is legendary in the car world.

https://youtu.be/8X4-_VOWlDY

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The original Ferrari Daytona Spider used in Miami Vice was actually a kit car made from a Corvette. Real Daytona's go for seven figures. Ferrari hated them using the kit car and gave them the Testarossa if they would use a real Ferrari, if you pay attention the Testarossa was never really beat on... however the show where the Daytona was destroyed is legendary in the car world.

https://youtu.be/8X4-_VOWlDY

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the vid. Apparently, according to a guy on the internet, in the comments section of the video you linked, the car they blew up was a 1/8 scale model of the car on the show. If you look closely, the scene with the car blowing up looks slightly different from when they pull in and park. The dude even posted pics of the model sitting on his picnic table.

Take that info for what it's worth. Qanon would be proud.
    https://imgur.com/a/syV6zEY

The Knight Rider would be nice, so that Google, Amazon and Facebook would have somebody else to listen to while I was driving.

Everything you ever wanted to know about the cars on Miami Vice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cars_i...ce?wprov=sfla1

And the reasons the Daytona's look different is they had two different cars. They also borrowed a real Daytona for several shots.

Also the Magnum Ferrari was real, but the stunt car was not.

Climb-Utah.com

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    1964 James Bond Aston Martin......IF it came with all of the Bond gadgets and preferably Bond himself! (Sean Connery or Daniel Craig will do)
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

12. Likes accadacca, devo_stevo liked this post
    I'd take the Delorean... always wanted to do a llittle time travel.

14. Likes savanna3313 liked this post
    well, since I am from down-under, I would have to take the Mad Max car.

16. Likes savanna3313, Byron liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Magnum PI Ferrari..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    Magnum PI Ferrari..

Tend to agree...although if the Back to the Future DaLorean can transport me back and forth in time then it wins hands down.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Tend to agree...although if the Back to the Future DaLorean can transport me back and forth in time then it wins hands down.
    Well heck, if it did that I'd chose it too. But you've got to take it for what it actually is...a POS car with a bunch of weird junk bolted to it.

True story...I was working at a warehouse driving a forklift (nightshift) in the City of Industry, which is only a few miles from the Puente Hills Mall in Southern California. This was November 1985? I believe....

Anyway it was my "lunch" break and I drove to the mall to get this delicious spaghetti salad they sold at a diner off the big parking lot. I noticed a crowd of people and walked over to see what was going on. They were filming scenes for a movie...you guessed it, Back To The Future.

So sitting in the middle of the lot was the Delorean. No one was near it and it had a big red sash tied around it into a bow on the roof...like a Christmas present. They were filming the scene where it gets up to "85 mph" or whatever it was. Someone told me it was a movie starring Micheal J. Fox...I had no idea who he was although I think that TV show he was on was popular at the time.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

20. Likes Sandstone Addiction, devo_stevo liked this post
    Here is the movie car I want. It's the 427 Cobra that Carrol Shelby (Matt Damon) was driving around in the movie Ford vs Ferrari.

Climb-Utah.com

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Here is the movie car I want. It's the 427 Cobra that Carrol Shelby (Matt Damon) was driving around in the movie Ford vs Ferrari.

Climb-Utah.com
    Ford (Cobra) vs Ferrari in the Gumball Rally film. (c 1976?) I believe the Cobra won.

Never regret anything that made you smile!

^^^That's a Ferrari Daytona Spyder. They are very rare these days. I saw one cross the auction block a couple years ago and it sold for $3.3 million.

They funny thing is when Gumball was filmed that was about the cheapest Ferrari you could buy and probably why they used it. There were only 121 true spiders built. In later years some of the coupes were converted to spiders because the spiders became so valuable.

Savanna's 427 Cobra made Hagerty's list and the Ferrari Daytona Spyder recieved and honorable mention.

7 of our favorite movie cars

https://www.hagerty.com/media/entert...te-movie-cars/

Bandit's Trans Am would be on my list. I liked Snowman's truck too.

Name:  bandits trans am.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  152.8 KB

Name:  snowmans rig.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  77.9 KB

26. Likes Iceaxe liked this post