Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BYU Football 2020

Junior Zach Wilson was listed as the BYU Cougars’ starting quarterback on the team’s game notes released Monday, one week before BYU kicks off the season against the Navy Football team on Labor Day.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Vegas has Navy favored by 1-2 points. Who do you got? I would like to pick BYU, but not sure. It’s always hard to pick the first game and I’m sure Navy will be ready to play.

4. Likes Scott Card liked this post
    It's a fact, I'm a BYU homer. BYU by 14. If BYU can figure out Navy's option offense, I think BYU will do well. If not, I think Navy will steam roll BYU. I see this as a BYU defense vs. Navy offense more than I see a BYU offense vs. a Navy defense. But what do I know. I played, reffed and coached basketball.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    It's a fact, I'm a BYU homer. BYU by 14. If BYU can figure out Navy's option offense, I think BYU will do well. If not, I think Navy will steam roll BYU. I see this as a BYU defense vs. Navy offense more than I see a BYU offense vs. a Navy defense. But what do I know. I played, reffed and coached basketball.
    Are you going to be attending any games? How did the tickets get sorted out? They’ve got 6 home games in a row! 5 of those will stand and maybe they will sprinkle a couple road games in between/before the last home game.

If I can attend, I certainly will. So far I haven't heard a word about how this will work. I think the powers that be may be holding off on a decision until the last minute to see how many people they can "safely" get into the stands. I heard from a very good source that BYU thinks that they could get even up to 30K fans if people (families, friends) who are already around each other sit next to each other and space between groups. Masks of course for everyone! I am sure this is an evolving plan and one that will be regulated by the county health department.
    Life is Good

8. Likes accadacca liked this post
    I just heard about Matt Bushman...out for the season. He got injured in practice. So bummed for him and BYU. He was a BIG weapon for them.

10. Likes Scott Card liked this post
    14-0 at end of 1st. BYU is crushing Navy and looking good. I've said it before, but if BYU gets by Navy undefeated is a real possibility.

12. Likes Scott Card liked this post
    BYU demolishing Navy 45 - 0 in the third.

I'm really enjoying being an interim Cougar fan while all the big conference schools are hiding from Covid.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

14. Likes Scott Card liked this post
    A very convincing statement win for BYU vs Navy in Annapolis tonight, 55 - 3.

The Cougs are looking very dangerous. Check out the stats:

16. Likes oldno7, Scott Card liked this post
    I posted this in the general forum but it is too good not to share again. THIS is how you start a game!

Name:  20200908_003034.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  81.2 KB
    Life is Good

^^^Not ONE single knee on the turf. Thank you BYU for not dragging politics onto the football field.

19. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    I pay absolutely no attention to college football. I'm clueless when they talk about the PAC 12 or the BIG 10 and all that stuff...haven't the slightest idea. I just never got into it.

Good to see an entire team standing, at least! So tell me...has college steered clear of the controversy or is there just a little bit of it here and there?
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

So far college sports has steered clear of the BLM trainwreck for the most part. The Scamdemic politics is another matter.

I would have been amazed to see anyone kneel at yesterday's game considering BYU might be the whitest team in college sports and they were playing a service academy. We'll see what happens at other schools and league's as the season progresses.

We will see what other college teams do when some of the P5 schools start this Thursday. The sad thing about the photo I shared was that none of this was on ESPN. They completely ignored any pre-game video except for the two coaches greeting each other at mid field. No national anthem whatsoever. No military stuff to speak of even though it was Navy playing BYU.
    Life is Good

BYU's road game next week with Army postponed because of 'small number' of positive tests for COVID-19
    https://www.ksl.com/article/50016708...-for-covid-19-

O V E R R A T E D

LOL... I'm just happy Bogley is back up so I could post that :-)

25. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    After record-setting BYU career, QB Zach Wilson declares for the 2021 NFL Draft
    https://www.ksl.com/article/50074081...2021-nfl-draft