Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 139

Thread: Freedom

  1. #81
    Basin Cruiser BasinCruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    On a mountain, somewhere.
    Posts
    2,486
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Don’t know if true or just fake news. If true, this is hilarious.

    Attachment 94597

    Supporting evidence that it might be true:

    Name:  96DBB785-6368-47E2-B514-22CE8899D33E.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  21.5 KB


    https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/de-bla...h-obscenities/
    "Where there is no law, there is no opportunity, where there is no justice, there is no liberty, where there is no safety, there is no future."

  2. Likes Iceaxe, oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  4. #82
    ^^^DAMN.... I love this country.

  5. #83
    Basin Cruiser BasinCruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    On a mountain, somewhere.
    Posts
    2,486
    Nothing to worry about here, folks. The government is doing this, therefore you can be rest assured that it is 100% for your safety and well being!!! This will never be used to violate any privacy or civil liberties. This is purely for your protection.


    Name:  206FC1D9-2C6C-41C8-ADF3-9819F42ED684.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  21.6 KB


    https://www.foxnews.com/health/conne...esidents-above

    Where is the ACLU on issues like this? Why are they not speaking out about this? Why is it that for issues like this you to hear nothing but crickets, but if a school decides they are going to admit students purely based on their academic achievements and drop affirmative action- they would be all over it.
    "Where there is no law, there is no opportunity, where there is no justice, there is no liberty, where there is no safety, there is no future."

  6. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  7. #84
    Basin Cruiser BasinCruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    On a mountain, somewhere.
    Posts
    2,486
    In order to truly enjoy freedom and liberty, there needs to be some (. limited) level of justice. A big part of justice is dependent on trust and faith in law enforcement. Stupid stuff like this only breaks down and spoils that trust in law enforcement. There has to be a point where LEOs need to take a stand and say they are not going to enforce these ineffective, tyrannical orders, and stand up for themselves and tell the lawmakers that enforcing these edicts are making their jobs harder to do by destroying the trust and support the public has in them, both for today and in the future.


    Name:  390A61ED-937B-498A-B389-194103994478.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  20.9 KB
    "Where there is no law, there is no opportunity, where there is no justice, there is no liberty, where there is no safety, there is no future."

  8. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  9. #85
    Basin Cruiser BasinCruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    On a mountain, somewhere.
    Posts
    2,486
    Name:  9B0B0549-EC39-438E-BE37-00B488DF9452.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  28.6 KB
    "Where there is no law, there is no opportunity, where there is no justice, there is no liberty, where there is no safety, there is no future."

  10. Likes rockgremlin, devo_stevo, oldno7 liked this post
  11. #86
    Basin Cruiser BasinCruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    On a mountain, somewhere.
    Posts
    2,486
    Great read from a lawyer. Noticed it was written back in March. How much further has it slipped and expanded across the country since then? How much more will it slide in the next month?

    Name:  6D108536-A905-4129-B086-43DD055B6EF8.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  21.8 KB

    https://www.rt.com/op-ed/483758-coro...ts-government/
    "Where there is no law, there is no opportunity, where there is no justice, there is no liberty, where there is no safety, there is no future."

  12. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
  13. #87
    Basin Cruiser BasinCruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    On a mountain, somewhere.
    Posts
    2,486
    This would be funny if it weren’t so sad that this type of stuff is happening all over. At what point do we look at 1984 and call that anarchy compared to our society today?

    Name:  3D4827F3-3159-4412-A1BA-5124F88A5627.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  21.8 KB


    https://www.the-sun.com/news/666598/...massachusetts/
    "Where there is no law, there is no opportunity, where there is no justice, there is no liberty, where there is no safety, there is no future."

  14. #88
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    15,076
    Gun sales spike on stimulus check day

    NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation reported a huge increase in people seeking firearm background check requests on the day the stimulus check arrived.
    Last Wednesday, the TBI received 3,917 requests for a firearm background check on the day most people received their stimulus check from the federal government. In comparison, On Wednesday, April 17, 2019, the TBI received just 972 requests.
    "We did see a large amount of sales that were not typical for our store this time of the year," said Art Cason, the general manager of Royal Range USA in Bellevue.

    https://www.wsmv.com/news/davidson_c...c3547b778.html
    I'm not Spartacus


    It'll come back.


    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  15. #89
    So... now that everyone has had a taste of Socialism how do you like it so far? Restricted movements, product shortages, curfews, food limitations, suspended privileges... are we having fun yet?

  16. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So... now that everyone has had a taste of Socialism how do you like it so far? Restricted movements, product shortages, curfews, food limitations, suspended privileges... are we having fun yet?

    I've noticed that there's a large portion of the population that relishes shit like this - can't get enough of it. Mostly Bernie lovers from what I've seen...
    #NotMyVirus

  17. #91
    Moderator jman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Above you and looking down
    Posts
    3,664
    Blog Entries
    1

    Freedom

    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    I was already fired up about the bottom meme about Crapernick as the same meme was shared on another forum by a neighborhood ultra liberal that I've had several 'discussions' with.
    LOl - Just a troll, bro.

    Interesting that a few “liberal” memes caused you to implode though...

    Hasn’t the internet, social media and forums taught us all that the only ‘real’ truth is delivered as memes?

    It is perplexing that, unfortunately, polarization is the way of America these days! If you are not a conservative - you must be wrong! If we don’t post about how we all love Dumpster and freedom, then obviously the opposite is true! So again, if you’re not a conservative - then you must be wrong! Conversely, if you are not a liberal - then you must be wrong too!

    Crazy to think that conservatives have all the truth! And no one else does. Ironically, liberals think the same too.

    I just gave the old freedom thread some juicy memes to chew on for a bit. I mean, I just revel in the truth too and obviously, memes do that the best!



    Edit: I am surprised no one has posted about that Meridian, Idaho woman at the park and her “freedoms” be trampled on...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

  18. #92
    @jman - I also find it interesting how hyper-polarized this country has become in the last 4 years. But it just seems like the liberal side in particular has doubled down on crazy.

    For example, I never thought I'd see the day where hundreds of women would march through the streets of America dressed like anatomically correct vaginas. Wtf?
    #NotMyVirus

  19. Likes twotimer liked this post
  20. #93
    Moderator jman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Above you and looking down
    Posts
    3,664
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    @jman - I also find it interesting how hyper-polarized this country has become in the last 4 years. But it just seems like the liberal side in particular has doubled down on crazy.

    For example, I never thought I'd see the day where hundreds of women would march through the streets of America dressed like anatomically correct vaginas. Wtf?
    I agree with that too. The “righters” as my friend calls em, def has their shining moments too to be fair.

    My opinion is what adds to it is the all-or-nothing mentality. Just like in a marriage it’s all the husbands way or the spouses way. Oh right...it doesn’t work that way. (Well, successful marriages I should say where it’s not filled with resentment towards each other and name calling).

    Oh yeah, let me tell ya, calling people losers and idiots, sure makes them willing to change their mind alright... Rather, all it does is make the other person lose the fight since they resulted to ad-hominem attacks. Who’s going to listen to me when I call them stupid? Name calling, etc. makes it easier to objectify the person and therefore justified with whatever they say.

    With all of that said, it seems to me that more of my liberal friends were against Trump since the beginning are really digging in and objectifying him and only increasing their hate towards him, whether it’s justified or not. He’s an object, therefore it’s okay to hate and be close-minded about everything he does. And so when these liberal folks feel like they are losing the battle, it’s okay to wear vagina hats in public as they simply don’t care, because it’s all justified.

    “Yes kids are watching but it’s okay we wearing these because we lost and we MUST stand up to Trump!” ...something like that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

  21. Likes rockgremlin, accadacca liked this post
  22. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    It is perplexing that, unfortunately, polarization is the way of America these days! If you are not a conservative - you must be wrong! If we don’t post about how we all love Dumpster and freedom, then obviously the opposite is true! So again, if you’re not a conservative - then you must be wrong! Conversely, if you are not a liberal - then you must be wrong too!
    It goes both ways jman, let me tell you. Personally, I've NEVER "unfriended" anyone because of their liberal politics or ideology. I've got lots of liberal friends, and I listen and understand where they're coming from even if I disagree...I don't hold it against them. Ever.

    But I can list a half dozen names right now of liberal friends I've had over the years that have told me to f*ck off and die because of my view of things. Plenty of intolerance on both sides, no doubt...but the dealbreakers for me are usually selfish or greedy behavior, not their view of "reality".

    Another thing...this "polarization" has been around as long as I've been alive. Longer, in fact. Just take a look at some of the political cartoons from a century ago (the memes of that era) and they're just as vicious as anything you see today. The only reason the divide seems to be on steroids these days is because everyone has a TV and radio rolled into one in their pockets screaming "Look at me!" all day long.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

  23. Likes oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post
  24. #95
    Moderator jman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Above you and looking down
    Posts
    3,664
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    It goes both ways jman, let me tell you. Personally, I've NEVER "unfriended" anyone because of their liberal politics or ideology. I've got lots of liberal friends, and I listen and understand where they're coming from even if I disagree...I don't hold it against them. Ever.

    But I can list a half dozen names right now of liberal friends I've had over the years that have told me to f*ck off and die because of my view of things. Plenty of intolerance on both sides, no doubt...but the dealbreakers for me are usually selfish or greedy behavior, not their view of "reality".

    Another thing...this "polarization" has been around as long as I've been alive. Longer, in fact. Just take a look at some of the political cartoons from a century ago (the memes of that era) and they're just as vicious as anything you see today. The only reason the divide seems to be on steroids these days is because everyone has a TV and radio rolled into one in their pockets screaming "Look at me!" all day long.
    @Byron Nice! I’m the same too - I haven’t Unfriended anyone either.

    I respect that about you Byron as I haven’t see you lash out here. I’ve been a lurker with most threads here just because I find it entertaining, and in most cases I’m learning something about the topic that I haven’t considered or just didn’t know. (Especially the Stocks thread with oldno7 and dougr!)

    True, you are right. The polarization has always been there. When you step onto the stage or limelight, then that’s to be expected.

    But now with social media, instant news, and first to publish it, comes knee-jerk reactions without getting the “full story”.

    Instant News: “kids with maga hats smirk at native Americans. Is trump causing this disrespect to native Americans?!”
    Full-truth News: “additional footage has come out to show that a group called the Hebrew Israelites show up and disparage the students first...then disparage native Americans and African Americans.”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

  25. Likes twotimer, accadacca liked this post
  26. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Edit: I am surprised no one has posted about that Meridian, Idaho woman at the park and her “freedoms” be trampled on...
    I saw a piece of that video, I'd like to know more. From the sounds of the crowd of Karens that were with her and complaining, it sounds like it may have been more of a protest, rather than letting the kids play. Just like the "2nd amendment auditors" walking around with a rifle, just waiting at the ready with the camera when the cops show up.

    I'm sure we'll hear the rest of the story soon. That dang truth, it's just a bit slower than the lie.

  27. #97
    Moderator jman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Above you and looking down
    Posts
    3,664
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I saw a piece of that video, I'd like to know more. From the sounds of the crowd of Karens that were with her and complaining, it sounds like it may have been more of a protest, rather than letting the kids play. Just like the "2nd amendment auditors" walking around with a rifle, just waiting at the ready with the camera when the cops show up.

    I'm sure we'll hear the rest of the story soon. That dang truth, it's just a bit slower than the lie.
    Well, one video is out with the juicy headline of "woman arrested taking kids to park!" Now...as usual....more footage has been released revealing another side...

    You can watch the Idaho's KTVB news' take on it here: https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/cr...d-35ff7a429263
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

  28. #98
    Bottomline... Karen went to the Idaho park to exercise her right to assemble that is guaranteed under the first Amendment and was arrest.

    I can promise you that in the end this will not end well for the town of Meridian or state of Idaho.

    I know several people that want to be arrested under similar circumstances so they can sue the town, city and state... and yes, they are the same people that walk down main street with a rifle slung over their shoulder. I'm just happy some folks take the Constitution and Bill of Rights seriously.

  29. #99
    Moderator jman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Above you and looking down
    Posts
    3,664
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Bottomline... Karen went to the Idaho park to exercise her right to assemble that is guaranteed under the first Amendment and was arrest.

    I can promise you that in the end this will not end well for the town of Meridian or state of Idaho.

    I know several people that want to be arrested under similar circumstances so they can sue the town, city and state... and yes, they are the same people that walk down main street with a rifle slung over their shoulder. I'm just happy some folks take the Constitution and Bill of Rights seriously.
    “Her right to assemble”.....except....


    From the Idaho Attorney General from the article listed above:

    “However, the stay at home order and the closure of all non-essential businesses are legal under Idaho's constitution. Idaho Attorney General Lawrence Wasden announced in early April that Idaho law gives the governor the power to restrict the movement of people and goods during a state of emergency, which Idaho is currently under.”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

  30. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    From the Idaho Attorney General from the article listed above:

    “However, the stay at home order and the closure of all non-essential businesses are legal under Idaho's constitution. Idaho Attorney General Lawrence Wasden announced in early April that Idaho law gives the governor the power to restrict the movement of people and goods during a state of emergency, which Idaho is currently under.”

    I question how the Idaho Attorney General has the authority to cancel Constitutional provisions. Not sure how they do things in Idaho, but here's a direct quote from the Illinois Supreme Court in 1941 that may have some relevance under the current circumstances:

    "Neither the legislature nor any executive or judicial officer may disregard the provisions of the constitution even in case of a great emergency."

    People ex rel. Lyle v. City of Chicago
    , 360 Ill. at 29.



    If I'm tracking that correctly, it means that NOBODY has the authority to cancel Constitutional rights -- even in an emergency.
    #NotMyVirus

  31. Likes oldno7, BasinCruiser liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Freedom Peak Input Needed
    By DiscGo in forum Hiking, Scrambling & Peak Bagging
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 08:07 PM
  2. Teton Freedom Riders movie premiere at Brewvies!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By drboudreaux in forum Mountain Biking & Cycling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 09:53 PM
  3. Wings of Freedom Tour coming to Heber City and Provo
    By basilone0331 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2009, 04:26 PM
  4. Freedom Tower Will Be Called One World Trade Center
    By JP in forum The Political Arena
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 03:42 PM
  5. Hey man is that Freedom Rock?
    By accadacca in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 11:28 AM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •