Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    Quarantine - dictionary definition
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    'many animals die in quarantine' ----- So, you're saying that forcing humans in corn teen can cause many deaths? I agree. Reportedly, suicide hotlines are already ringing off the hook due to this mass hysteria and stress. As the corn teen continues to decimate the economy, destroy businesses, jobs, carreers, savings, pensions, those suicide calls and rates will clime even higher. So, let's all agree to stop this nonsense.
    no you're getting a bit carried away. i'm saying something different.

it is simply about using the word "sick" with quarantine in ice's meme: quarantine is not about being "sick", it's about being "infectious" or potentially infectious and capable of spreading something contagious.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I am going to throw this out there, I don't think the quarantine thing and most of the orders to stay put for now are nefarious or motivated by a governmental freedom grab. Just sayin'. What I am not saying is that we should give the government a pass. I believe that we should keep a vigilant eye on the government, now and always. I just don't buy into the evil motives so many are throwing out there.

BTW, I was talking to my dry cleaner yesterday. He was telling me about some conspiracy theorists that had been in that day, one in particular who went off on how all this is one ginormous conspiracy. I asked if the guy dropped off his tin foil hat for cleaning.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    no you're getting a bit carried away. i'm saying something different.

it is simply about using the word "sick" with quarantine in ice's meme: quarantine is not about being "sick", it's about being "infectious" or potentially infectious and capable of spreading something contagious.
    Sick? Contagious? Infectious?

Sounds more like fun with semantics.

If you are contagious are you sick? Sick without symptoms? What if you are sick but not contagious?

Enquiring minds want to know...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Sick? Contagious? Infectious?

Sounds more like fun with semantics.

If you are contagious are you sick? Sick without symptoms? What if you are sick but not contagious?

it's not semantics, ice. you don't need to be sick to be infectious/contagious. you just need to be capable of spreading it.

the timing of being contagious and being sick (if one becomes sick) varies. with covid-19 (unlike SARS) you are contagious before you show any symptoms (as well as during). and other people who never show any symptoms and never are sick (as in the article i posted) can still be contagious and spread it.

and, without knowing from testing (and with some testing producing false negatives), if one has been exposed to a virus that's particularly contagious, then there is a higher probability of having been infected.

Bottomline... restricting people to their homes is tyranny...

Watch out. The WHO has set their sights on your alcohol.

Name:  205937B9-1407-403E-9DDF-39E42CCF669E.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  21.8 KB

https://www.usnews.com/news/national...irus-lockdowns
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

^^^ #FakeNews ^^^

That's a bunch of bull crap... back in my single days I would drink beer, enjoy a few Tequila shots and pick up strippers in this bar... If anything I'm immune to Coronavirus.

That will teach the little bogger eaters to use proper social distancing...

^^^ I'll bet that smelled lovely.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Something had to be done to bring some of the air pollution back after they took all of the cars off the roads. I guess that works.

12. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    I am going to throw this out there, I don't think the quarantine thing and most of the orders to stay put for now are nefarious or motivated by a governmental freedom grab. Just sayin'. What I am not saying is that we should give the government a pass. I believe that we should keep a vigilant eye on the government, now and always. I just don't buy into the evil motives so many are throwing out there.

BTW, I was talking to my dry cleaner yesterday. He was telling me about some conspiracy theorists that had been in that day, one in particular who went off on how all this is one ginormous conspiracy. I asked if the guy dropped off his tin foil hat for cleaning.
    Just FYI for you legal guys

Judge lets cops jail anyone SUSPECTED of being sick with coronavirus

A Michigan judge has issued an order authorizing a county health officer and police to arrest and jail anyone they suspect of being sick with the coronavirus.
    The order includes a blank line for the names of anyone arrested to be filled out later, said the Great Lakes Justice Center, which called the order unconstitutional.
    Judge Mark Trusock of the 17th Circuit Court issued the order in response to a request by Kent County Health Officer Adam London.
    TRENDING: After weeks of accusing Trump of inaction, 'Morning Joe' now calls him authoritarian
    The judge ruled that any "carrier and health threat" presented with a copy of his order "may be involuntarily detained by a peace officer, transported to and detained in an Involuntary Isolation Facility selected by the Health Officer for observation, testing, and/or treatment."

https://www.wnd.com/2020/04/judge-co...k-coronavirus/
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Just FYI for you legal guys

Judge lets cops jail anyone SUSPECTED of being sick with coronavirus

https://www.wnd.com/2020/04/judge-co...k-coronavirus/
    Shame on that Judge. The article clearly points out this is unconstitutional. And BTW, good luck with a sheriff following this nonsense because he would have to put the suspected infected person in HIS jail. No thanks.
    Life is Good

Shame on that Judge. The article clearly points out this is unconstitutional. And BTW, good luck with a sheriff following this nonsense because he would have to put the suspected infected person in HIS jail. No thanks.
    Yea--I'm sure it's an isolated case.

No one is going to take advantage of a crisis--are they?
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Never said they wouldn't try. I just don't believe that there is some grand evil motive for being stupid. I believe the most stories like this are fear based, not some sort of commie, evil, orchestrated servitude thing that the government is rolling out. I am glad for watchdogs. I consider myself one of them. I happen to deal with freedom and constitutional issues all the time in my criminal defense work. I have had to point out to numerous Judges that the constitution has been violated by the government (cops) and I have even appealed decisions that judges have gotten wrong. I understand that there may be breaches of the constitution going on but I don't buy into the intent being inferred.
    Life is Good

17. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Never said they wouldn't try. I just don't believe that there is some grand evil motive for being stupid. I believe the most stories like this are fear based, not some sort of commie, evil, orchestrated servitude thing that the government is rolling out. I am glad for watchdogs. I consider myself one of them. I happen to deal with freedom and constitutional issues all the time in my criminal defense work. I have had to point out to numerous Judges that the constitution has been violated by the government (cops) and I have even appealed decisions that judges have gotten wrong. I understand that there may be breaches of the constitution going on but I don't buy into the intent being inferred.

This is the case of an individual judge overstepping, nothing more, nothing less.

But we are going to see a lot more push from the citizenry from now until "normal".

Folks are tired of being holed up...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post

Folks are tired of being holed up...
    You ain't kidding about that. I went to the Spiral Jetty with some of the kids this morning, and I couldn't believe how many people were there. I've never been out there when there was another soul around, but now it's a freakin' playground. There were vehicles parking all the way down the road 1/2 mile or more away just because it was impossible to get anywhere near the parking lot.

Also, the parking lot of the Golden Spike visitor's center is now a staging area for folks to head out into the west dessert on ATVs and side by sides. It was utter madness.

People are getting stir crazy around here. Box Elder is a rural county. You can't keep rednecks cooped up for too long or they get nuts. I think we're there now.
    Name:  93235974_1943787345756254_4712590695884390400_n.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  94.1 KB

20. Likes oldno7, accadacca, rockgremlin liked this post
    Note to self: Avoid Spiral Jetty for now...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

22. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Note to self: Avoid Spiral Jetty for now...
    Add 5Mile, 12Mile Pass and Little Moab areas. 5Mile had to have over 5000 people and vehicles and campers today. 12 Mile pass, where we were all alone for just a bit having lunch turned into a gridlock of vehicles heading west off Allen Ranch Road.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

24. Likes oldno7 liked this post

Freedom

Yeah I knew it was going to be a nut farm, so I stayed home today.

26. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.