Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #MERICA!

#MERICA!

I was in my local Smith's grocery store today and they are stocked floor to ceiling with all the food and supplies of any type you could ask for. Still a couple of bare spots but I expect to see those filled by weeks end. Thanks to everyone that keeps America fed! And to all the horder's that inconvenienced the rest of us the last two weeks... I hope you choke on it.

Climb-Utah.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Grocery stores around here are loaded back up with most of the things that got cleaned out with the exception of TP and paper towels...they're getting scooped up immediately.

The only eggs that are scarce are those farm fresh brown ones. Plenty of milk and veggies.

However, frozen veggies and all the meat and seafood doesn't last long. I heard that all the freezers have sold out...in a city of a couple million I reckon there's hundreds of thousands of those loaded to the hilt.

Freeze dried backpacking food is gone, too. I went to the site of Mountain House and a couple other ones and they're completely blown out. After the dust settles with all this I'm going to stock a three month supply from now on...never bothered to do that in the past, but this event is certainly a wake up call.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

4. Likes accadacca, oldno7 liked this post
    That's good to see the store stocked. I pretty much only shop at the Springville and Payson Smith's because they are the only stores that have employees capable of stocking the shelves in a timely manner. Helps to have a distribution center and dairy in Layton as well.

Maceys and the Associated Foods stores do a pretty good job as well.

Costco in Sp. Fork had pallets of TP lined in the main aisle half the length of the store and pallets of paper towels stacked throughout the store a week ago on Friday. Limit of 1 each. I went yesterday and not a single container of either to be found. The rest of the store was pretty well stocked though.

What is really scarce is baking supplies. If Costco gets a pallet of flour in, it doesn't make it to 10am. I finally found baking powder at Smiths in Payson yesterday, I haven't seen baking powder for over 3 weeks. Crazy.

I do hope everyone is able to get plenty of Stouffers Lasagna, Mac and Cheese, Hot Pockets and Digiorno Pizza. I'm a shipping clerk at the Nestle Distribution Center in Springville and we have been shipping about 40% more than normal. It has been nuts. The factory is also producing 7 days a week just to try to keep up with demand. We should be able to get Easter Sunday off, but even that is up in the air right now.

6. Likes accadacca, oldno7, Iceaxe liked this post
    I was pleasantly surprised that thick cut bacon was still plentiful at Costco on Saturday. True suffering would occur in any disaster without bacon!
    Life is Good

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised that thick cut bacon was still plentiful at Costco on Saturday. True suffering would occur in any disaster without bacon!

Couldn't agree more...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    North Ogden Smith's has zero toilet paper, or paper products period, dishwasher detergent or eggs, spaghetti noodles where picked over but they finally had spaghetti sauce!

Shelves are looking better but one store employee told me people are still lining up at 8am to shop.

We ran out of milk. Only reason I ventured into the store today.

I am still completely baffled by the toilet paper hoarding.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

Pro tip... I've noticed if you shop in the more affluent neighborhoods the stores are much better stocked, at least in SLC.

My wife maintains it's because the stores cater to the rich, I maintain that the better educated understand hoarding toilet paper will not save you from the boogeyman.

Either way... the better educated and prosperous a SLC neighborhood the better the shelves are stocked and the fewer people I see hoarding or standing in line before opening preparing to hoard.

YMMV

11. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Pro tip... I've noticed if you shop in the more affluent neighborhoods the stores are much better stocked, at least in SLC.

My wife maintains it's because the stores cater to the rich, I maintain that the better educated understand hoarding toilet paper will not save you from the boogeyman.

Either way... the better educated and prosperous a SLC neighborhood the better the shelves are stocked and the fewer people I see hoarding or standing in line before opening preparing to hoard.

YMMV
    It would probably help if I tried more than one store but I hate shopping. And the N. Ogden Smith's is probably the most affluent out here. We don't have a Harmons... I wish.

Chere'

The hot young trophy wife just stopped at the Harmon's we use and said it's stocked... then she proceeded to bitch about how expensive Harmon's is which is her standard rant after shopping Harmons.

Climb-Utah.com

14. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The hot young trophy wife just stopped at the Harmon's we use and said it's stocked... then she proceeded to bitch about how expensive Harmon's is which is her standard rant after shopping Harmons.

Climb-Utah.com
    I agree with your wife...but they have the best cheese counter and baked goods. Harmons is ridiculously expensive which is why they are still stocked. I don't want to drive out to Roy closest Harmons.

I still don't need all those items. I just checked on them out of curiosity. 2 more weeks I will.

Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    North Ogden Smith's has zero toilet paper, or paper products period, dishwasher detergent or eggs, spaghetti noodles where picked over but they finally had spaghetti sauce!

Shelves are looking better but one store employee told me people are still lining up at 8am to shop.

We ran out of milk. Only reason I ventured into the store today.

I am still completely baffled by the toilet paper hoarding.

I too regularly shop at the North Ogden Smith's. Hasn't been any better for me, although I avoid that place like the Coronavirus these days since it's so dang crowded all the time. I've resorted to going across the street to Kent's.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

17. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    FWIW: My local Walmart now has both TP and paper towels, if your's doesn't I expect they will shortly.

19. Likes Sandstone Addiction, blueeyes liked this post
    Walmart in N. Ogden tonight

I did get a bottle of dishwashing detergent and they had plenty of eggs...but I don't need eggs. I still have 16 from the end of February.

Chere'

21. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Reams has to be the best stocked store I've found thus far. TP/Paper towels, meat and veggies.. Well stocked!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

23. Likes accadacca, Iceaxe liked this post
    Gas is $1.94 at Costco. Stock up!!!

Not much on the shelf but look what N. Ogden Smith's has.

I find the new one way signs amusing.

Chere'

26. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    My dumbass neighbor is building an apocalypse assault vehicle. I don't really care that he builds it, but he is doing it in the middle of the neighborhood street.

28. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Does your neighborhood have no CC&R's or HOA restrictions against something like that?

That is a major eyesore IMO.

Yup, that piece of shit is breaking several rules and a couple of laws where I live. I'm sure one of our self appointed neighborhood sheriffs will be on it shortly.

Climb-Utah.com

31. Likes accadacca liked this post
    https://www.ksl.com/article/46738932...tomer-capacity

Chere'

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum