Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL Football 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    ^^^At some point you have to step up and take a stand. Even the pussy beta male eventually has to take a stand, and taking no stand in itself is taking a stand.

If you want to support rioting, looting and mayhem and those that champion it don't let me stop you.... enjoy your Black Lives Matter lifestyle and all it entails. I'm sure they will appreciate your monetary support.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hey, hey, hey...I'M THE ONE who tells stories around here.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

4. Likes accadacca liked this post
    SO HAPPY to see Coach Reid get his ring. He certainly earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    So you guys are blaming and punishing ALL the players for the actions of a few? Interesting...
    For me it's the owners and commish-es, what they allow to happen on the field now.

I understand players in all leagues are against my values, or at least half are. Granted, that's society.

But if I walked into a store and the employees had shirts on denouncing me and took time to lecture me at the register, I'd go elsewhere. Sports are now that. I don't expect to watch any pro sports for many years, if ever again.

7. Likes oldno7, rockgremlin, Byron liked this post
    The best part of football is when they use the stadium for Supercross.

9. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

11. Likes dougrz, rockgremlin liked this post
    chiefs-texans-demonstration-nfl-season-opener-report

When it boils down to it, I could really care less what these guys put on their helmets, shoes or jerseys...Mickey Mouse, Malcolm X, Charles Manson...whatever floats your boat, sweetheart...

But deliberately pissing on the Anthem is the dealbreaker for me. If there is anything that holds us together as a nation, it's the flag and that anthem...without it, we can be divided and conquered. Have you seen the "black" version of the American flag? Looks the same but the colors are red, black and green. Some group was demanding it be flown at tonight's game.

So they've got their own flag now. It's a race war, ladies and gentlemen. Wether or not it's in its infancy or this is the apex remains to be seen. Hard to imagine that blacks and whites will start killing each other in large numbers...but then again it seems like many things that are hard to imagine have a way of coming to fruition these days.

Don't think for a minute that blacks slaughtering whites won't be hailed as "freedom fighters" by the left. Trump doesn't even really factor in this...it's all about regaining power and control by any means possible. Our first considerable challenge to the Republic since the late 60s, really.

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

14. Likes Scott Card liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    chiefs-texans-demonstration-nfl-season-opener-report

When it boils down to it, I could really care less what these guys put on their helmets, shoes or jerseys...Mickey Mouse, Malcolm X, Charles Manson...whatever floats your boat, sweetheart...

But deliberately pissing on the Anthem is the dealbreaker for me. If there is anything that holds us together as a nation, it's the flag and that anthem...without it, we can be divided and conquered. Have you seen the "black" version of the American flag? Looks the same but the colors are red, black and green. Some group was demanding it be flown at tonight's game.

So they've got their own flag now. It's a race war, ladies and gentlemen. Wether or not it's in its infancy or this is the apex remains to be seen. Hard to imagine that blacks and whites will start killing each other in large numbers...but then again it seems like many things that are hard to imagine have a way of coming to fruition these days.

Don't think for a minute that blacks slaughtering whites won't be hailed as "freedom fighters" by the left. Trump doesn't even really factor in this...it's all about regaining power and control by any means possible. Our first considerable challenge to the Republic since the late 60s, really.
    I posted this an hour before the game started and I watched the opening ceremony to see what was going to happen.

I was quite surprised to see it was the opposite of what I expected. Alicia Keys came out and did her antsy fartsy piano number and that was basically it. I think the Chiefs fans were quite pleased to see only one player take a knee. A lot of talk, not a lot of walk. These players know who butters their bread.

Also, when both teams locked arms for their "moment of unity" the boos were profound...these people in the stands are among the most hardcore of fans and they let these guys know "Leave this political activism out of the game and don't do this again".

Goodell said it months ago..."Without black players there would be no NFL"...so he had to throw the crybabies a few bones and those guys were just served a big chunk of cold shoulder.

This BLM stuff in the NFL looks like it's going to be weak sauce. I'd say the NBA is a bit different because Lebron is the king supreme that everyone looks up to and he's all bent for a lot of reasons. He and his posse have a bit more pull.

NFL may not be completely toast after all, IMO.

Yeah... the BLM shit doesn't play well to some audience's. Bubba Wallace, the gentleman that brought the BLM bullshit to NASCAR has lost his ride for next season.

17. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Yep, that's the thing. These people throw fits, yell and scream like children while those they're facing calmly nod their heads...all back of the bus like...but retaliation is coming. Nice and easy...patience, young Luke.

Looks like we're not "fighting back?"...uh, hold my beer.

19. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    ar-BB18WSBO

So this guy writes this article and completely misses the point...or does he? I would imagine he knows damn well why the fans booed and he actually acknowledges it...but he certainly can't write an article telling the truth of the matter, now can he? The guy who wrote this article is weak.

I paint houses for a living and have been working alone for 35 years. I've dealt personally with thousands of people...and mostly it's with the women. For some reason, husbands take a back seat when it comes to home maintenance...which has always baffled me as the women have to deal with the slimy, creepy, rip off artists that show up for estimates...and sometimes have to deal with them if they're hired, too. I've heard some stories, let me tell you...and you know what the husbands do? They hide in the house and don't want anything to do with the drama the old lady has to put up with.

There is nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing on this planet that I despise more than weak men.

21. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    NFL's season opening game TV ratings sink compared to last year.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/n...ans-tv-ratings

23. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    ar-BB18WSBO

So this guy writes this article
    He's an ass. Read Whitlock's take: https://www.outkick.com/chiefs-fans-...-blm-gestures/

Outkick is the only sports website I check anymore.

25. Likes Byron, oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    He's an ass. Read Whitlock's take: https://www.outkick.com/chiefs-fans-...-blm-gestures/

Outkick is the only sports website I check anymore.
    Well now there ya go! Here's a guy that gets it. They didn't show that BLM was on the jumbotrons during this "moment of unity" when it was on TV...that's a poke in the eye along with the slap in the face.

Funny how two men can be looking at the same thing yet see it so differently...but the guy in your link told it like it was whereas the guy I linked acknowledged it, but then wrote his article around his disproval. One guy explains why thousands did what they did, the other gives them the middle finger.

27. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

29. Likes BasinCruiser, rockgremlin liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

The crowd at the NFL opener, Chiefs vs Texas...did exactly what needed to be done. They let the players know what the deal was.

^^^^^I completely disagree with his premiss.

We all have freedom to speak, the "poor" pro athletes are expressing that freedom all the while making millions a year.

We have a freedom of speech as well by not contributing to their huge wallets.

These guys are nothing important, if they didn't have a ball they would be homeless, shitting on the streets of san fran.

So, ya--I'll voice my freedom of their anti American speech, with my American capitalism.

I can survive quite well without them, can they do the same without millions like me?
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

The crowd at the NFL opener, Chiefs vs Texas...did exactly what needed to be done. They let the players know what the deal was.

I somewhat disagree with his premise.

I fully support the athlete's first amendment rights to free speech. However, there is a time and place to exercise that right, and it's NOT at work. If the players want to picket or protest police brutality I fully support them doing that on social media or on the streets but not when they're suited up on the field. It's inappropriate and unprofessional and will inevitably divide an otherwise unified fan base.

There's a reason why you're never supposed to talk religion or politics in mixed company - it's divisive and in poor taste, and almost always results in a unnecessarily contentious atmosphere.

Not to mention, it's gone completely off the rails by allowing players to put the names of rapists on their jerseys. I cannot and will not support that.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 09-20-2020 at 11:55 AM.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

34. Likes Byron, oldno7 liked this post