Thread: Looking for canyoneering partner in Septermber 2020 near Zion Utah

Looking for canyoneering partner in Septermber 2020 near Zion Utah

Myself and buddy Andrew live in Chicago and have travelled to southern Utah to explore the canyons for the past 15 years and are hoping to do more technical slots in September 2020. We have completed many non-tech slots as well as semi-tech such as Subway, Black Hole, Keyhole, etc under the guidance of my father-in-law. He is not able to travel with us this year and we are looking for someone or a group that would allow us to tag along. We are in very good shape and have no problems with long hikes or canyoneering, just don't have 100% confidence in ourselves for proper anchoring on the rappels. We have all gear necessary for long rappels, cold swims, etc. If anyone is in the Zion area from 9/17-21, we will be applying for permits in the park.

2. Likes ratagonia liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by campinhead View Post
    Myself and buddy Andrew live in Chicago and have travelled to southern Utah to explore the canyons for the past 15 years and are hoping to do more technical slots in September 2020. We have completed many non-tech slots as well as semi-tech such as Subway, Black Hole, Keyhole, etc under the guidance of my father-in-law. He is not able to travel with us this year and we are looking for someone or a group that would allow us to tag along. We are in very good shape and have no problems with long hikes or canyoneering, just don't have 100% confidence in ourselves for proper anchoring on the rappels. We have all gear necessary for long rappels, cold swims, etc. If anyone is in the Zion area from 9/17-21, we will be applying for permits in the park.
    I have some tentative plans for September already and *may be able to have you guys tag-along.

Just curious - Any specific canyons you are thinking of doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

I was hoping to get permits for Mystery, but if that doesn't happen, other options are Orderville, Echo, Fatman's MIsery, Pine Creek. That is only a rough idea, we are flexible and open minded to any canyon adventure

Hey guys I’ll be around during that time to if you want to meet up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, I will keep you updated when I get more definitive plans. Thanks
    Dennis