Page 94 of 165 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 3289

Thread: Coronavirus

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I have been waiting for an article like this one. I have seen lab values that match everything they talk about in this piece. The damage this virus is capable of is incredible. If you end up as one of those who are in the hospital for over a month you will have life long damage from this virus. Nerve damage, brain damage, lung damge, kidney damage, liver damage... some if it may eventually repair itself but a good deal of it won't. And this can happen to any age patient it just all depends on how your body responds to this virus.

It is a long read but a good one.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...dy-brain-toes#

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

2. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    @oldno7 if I hadn't shared a canyon with you I would think you lived your life in memes.
    Canyons? I still thought he's the guy in that little boat

5. Likes oldno7, blueeyes liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    And what if I took said little "little boat" through said canyon?

Are you judging me on the size of my boat?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

7. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    first it starts with boats--then progresses to decks.

You gotta deck--doncha?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

9. Likes Iceaxe, blueeyes liked this post

Chere'

With the amount of entertaining Shane does, you'd think maybe he has a big deck...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

12. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    If you drive a Corvette you don't need a big deck... LOL...

14. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    I'll just leave this here...

Average age of Covid-19 victims in America 73 years old, almost all have underlying medical issues, nearly half are from nursing homes and people already hospitalized when the outbreak started.

17. Likes erial, oldno7, rockgremlin, blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    And what if I took said little "little boat" through said canyon?

Are you judging me on the size of my boat?

I'm just wondering what's doing more to keep you afloat. That 'little boat' you're in, or the spare tire around your waste.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

Average age of Covid-19 victims in America 73 years old, almost all have underlying medical issues, nearly half are from nursing homes and people already hospitalized when the outbreak started.

I've been trying to make this argument all weekend, and it just falls on deaf ears. The typical responses i get are: "YOUNG PEOPLE ARE DIEING FROM THIS TOO - DON"T THEY MATTER?.' and 'THOSE OLD PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE TOO, AND WE NEED TO STAY IN LOCKDOWN FOR THEM, STAY HOME YOU SELFISH PIG.'

SMH. I'll be over here in my corner doing something more productive than shedding some logic and data driven analytic commentary on the subject, like doing this: .

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    I guess when you work in healthcare and education you have a different view point on vaccinations. I don't feel like I am being forced. I do it to protect me, my family, my students and the patients I serve.

I haven't missed a flu shot since I started back to school to obtain my degree. It was required because it is a healthcare degree. It is also required we maintain other vaccinations, working with infectious material I am rather thankful for such vaccinations.

I am like you as well that I get an annual flu shot, but I have a question for you. I was told by a couple of friends (who work in the medical field) that no one should get whatever vaccine is developed to combat coronovirus initially. People should wait until it basically has the "bugs" worked out (pun intended) because the vaccine could prove to be more dangerous than the virus. Just curious as to your thoughts on the matter. Thanks!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

You forgot about all of the 'crona cases that died but never actually had the 'crona

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    I'm just wondering what's doing more to keep you afloat. That 'little boat' you're in, or the spare tire around your waste.
    Doesn't matter if you have a big deck..
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313 View Post
    I am like you as well that I get an annual flu shot, but I have a question for you. I was told by a couple of friends (who work in the medical field) that no one should get whatever vaccine is developed to combat coronovirus initially. People should wait until it basically has the "bugs" worked out (pun intended) because the vaccine could prove to be more dangerous than the virus. Just curious as to your thoughts on the matter. Thanks!
    That is a very good question!

I am pretty skeptical of them coming out with a vaccine in 18 months or ever. I know they have started trials in Washington and a few other places. And technology moves at a faster pace then it use to. It isn't a cheap process developing a vaccine.

I would want to know what/if any side effects had been reported. If nothing crazy I probably be okay with it. The biggest question I would have is does it provide long term immunity or will you need a booster shot each year. I know that so far they haven't been able to develop a vaccine for any of the viruses in the coronavirus family. Which is why I am skeptical they will develop an effective one for SARS-COV-2

Chere'

25. Likes oldno7, blueeyes liked this post

27. Likes Sombeech, blueeyes liked this post
    Crisis solved.

Name:  713E2DC4-1FCD-4B5C-80AB-6E1083134640.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  16.7 KB

29. Likes accadacca, blueeyes liked this post
    Re post from another site:

"The bottom line has been that Trump Has many faults - He’s crude, he bloviates, he gets his feelings hurt and he’s a hot head. However:-
    Let me tell you what else he is. He is a business owner that demands performance. He is a company CEO that asks lots of questions. The questions he asks aren’t cloaked in fancy phrases, they are “why the hell....” questions anyone inexperienced in the nuances of being a lifetime politician.
    For decades the health industry has thrown away billions of face masks after one use. Trump asks, “Why the hell are we throwing them away? Why not sterilize them and use them numerous times?”
    He’s the guy that gets hospital ships readied in one week, when it would have taken a bureaucrat (politician) weeks or months to get it done. He’s the guy that gets temporary hospitals built in three days.
    He’s the guy that gets industries to build ventilators and face masks in a business that’s highly regulated by agencies that move like sloths.
    He’s the guy that asks why we aren’t using drugs that might work on people that are dying; what the hell do we have to lose? In spite of all the naysayers.
    He’s the guy that shut down travel from China, when the liberals and the media were screaming xenophobia and racist. Now they are asking why didn't he react sooner? He’s the guy that ran on securing the border in the face of a screaming press and media. When he shut down borders in the midst of the coronavirus virus they were up in arms over such a draconian move. Then the rest of the world followed suit all over, including the European Union between member countries.
    Has he made mistakes, hell yes. Every president has. Everyone I know would have. All of these experts wouldn’t have done any better. Trump is working harder than I’ve ever seen a President work. He isn’t hiding in his office, he’s out front every day.
    Take for instance, all the shortages of PPE’s and ventilators. I’m unaware of anything that prevented all of these governors from ordering all the PPE and ventilators for emergency purposes over the last two years. And yet, it is Trump’s fault that they didn’t.
    He’s balanced his approach and listened to the experts, when his distractors said he wouldn’t and couldn’t.
    When he offers hope, he’s lying and when he’s straight forward, he should be hopeful. It’s a no win, but he is not deterred by all of that BS coming from the press and the liberals.
    I’ll take this kind of leadership over a nice guy that can make eloquent speeches.
    He is my President.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum