Page 82 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 3289

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I find it funny to see everybody and their dog out walking, running, etc trying to get in shape. I hear that orange juice is harder to find because it has vitamin C and everyone thinks they can suddenly get healthy! Lol. Leave it to Americans to procrastinate! As soon as we are in the clear they will be back to triple cheeseburgers and a Diet Coke!
    Most people never left the triple cheeseburgers and diet coke. Fast food is still alive and well.

I find it funny to watch all these folks out there jogging and riding a bike with a homemade mask over their face. At this point, wearing a mask has less to do with protecting against the Coronavirus and more to do with virtue signaling.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. Likes accadacca, BasinCruiser, blueeyes liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

5. Likes accadacca, middlefork, blueeyes, Iceaxe liked this post
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caverdan View Post
    I totally believe that we wouldn't be in this situation and life could have continued as normal if the rumpster would have issued orders for everyone to wear a mask from the get go. Masks work very well at not spreading this around if everyone was to wear a mask.

I don't. Most people wearing a mask do not wear them correctly. It would help but minimally I wouldn't even say significantly. I see nurses on TV that are talking to reporters that pull the mask down below their mouth to talk. Well right there if the outside of that mask was infected now you potentially are. Only good it does in mass use is if a person is sick and they cough with a mask on it keeps most of the droplets contained in that mask. What do they do with it when they get home? Use it again the next day? I hope not, but people do not have brains.

The way to have been prepared for this was:

1. To have had testing in place before the virus hit the US that identified infections and quarantine infected persons.

2. Contact tracing to isolate individuals that came in contact with an infected person..

3. Antibody testing, to determine when they had cleared infection and developed immunity.

4. Scrubbing the shit out of every public place better than they are cleaned currently. I laugh at people that just wipe down the grocery cart with a wipe and think it is good to go. It is not. You need to let a disinfectant fluid sit on the surface for a few minutes. Every cleaning fluid or disinfectant will tell you the contact time needed to adequately clean or disinfect a surface. Know the difference between clean and disinfect. Because the two are not one and the same.

5. Education Education Education on how to wash your hands, keep your hands out of your face, how not to be afraid and panic buy TP of all things and yes how to correctly use a mask. But the mask alone would not have allowed us to continue as normal.

But none of that was in place, and it is too late now. There is no win with our current situation not even two months ago because nothing to fight this virus was in place. Sitting around blaming Trump, China, Democrats, Republicans is useless BS.

Do nothing and let natural selection happen, it still would have incited panic when there was death after death. I think most people find this scenario unfathomable. But it has happened in the past and changed normal, just not in our memorable lifetimes. After this it will happen again, hopefully not in our lifetimes.

Do what we are currently doing shutting down the world and you have a another problem that is pretty unfathomable.

There was no correct choice.

There is no side plot to save trafficked individuals, there is no conspiracy to screw up the election or any other f'ing conspiracy. This wasn't done out of malicious intent. This is not some engineered virus that accidentally escaped. This is random life at its unfairest.

Normal has changed. Find a new normal.
    Chere'

^^^Eventually we will reach herd immunity and everything will basically return to normal, which is what happened with the last major deadly pandemic, the Spanish Flu in 1918.

My grandmother used to tell me stories about the Spanish flu. She said people would be healthy when they woke up, sick in the evening and dead by morning. She lost her mother and a brother to the Spanish Flu. She also told me everyone lost family members and no family was spared. But things did eventually return to normal.

8. Likes accadacca, blueeyes liked this post
    I don't see an "all in" style of back to normal, to start.

More a phased in, such as restaurants only use every other booth/table, grocery stores still limit capacity, schools all wait until fall and so on.

We could likely start in this fashion very soon.

I'm not a Dr. and I wouldn't dare sleep in a Holiday in(so theres that)

Just IMHO, based on common sense and logic.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

10. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Just out of curiosity... under what Constitutional rights and authority was this to be carried out under? There are already thousands of lawsuits on government overreach associated with this. Our freedoms and liberties, which are currently being trampled at an unprecedented rate, have nothing to do with saving lives.

^^^^ This !!!! Plus the fact that masks have been in short supply for emergency responders only. How could he have ordered everyone to where masks, when there was maybe enough for 2% of the population- gore would everyone be able to abide by the order back in Feb?
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

13. Likes oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

Coronavirus

It will not all go back to normal. Eventually there will be a new normal but I think it is going to be awhile. At least for those who are not prepared or lost jobs. It will be awhile

Would one of you lovely admins fix my gif above...and tell me how to make those work?
    Chere'

15. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    It will not all go back to normal. Eventually there will be a new normal but I think it is going to be awhile. At least for those who are not prepared or lost jobs. It will be awhile

Would one of you lovely admins fix my gif above...and tell me how to make those work?
    On my iPhone I can hold down on most gifs and save them to my camera roll. Then upload somewhere like, https://imgbb.com and then put image tags around it. You can see what I did in your post too.

Image link:
    Code:
    https://i.ibb.co/N62rv0C/F9867-C7-F-E302-4-C03-AF16-2-C3-F54-EB9-EB3.gif
    With image tags around it:

17. Likes blueeyes liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    I don't. Most people wearing a mask do not wear them correctly. It would help but minimally I wouldn't even say significantly. I see nurses on TV that are talking to reporters that pull the mask down below their mouth to talk. Well right there if the outside of that mask was infected now you potentially are. Only good it does in mass use is if a person is sick and they cough with a mask on it keeps most of the droplets contained in that mask. What do they do with it when they get home? Use it again the next day? I hope not, but people do not have brains.

The way to have been prepared for this was:

1. To have had testing in place before the virus hit the US that identified infections and quarantine infected persons.

2. Contact tracing to isolate individuals that came in contact with an infected person..

3. Antibody testing, to determine when they had cleared infection and developed immunity.

4. Scrubbing the shit out of every public place better than they are cleaned currently. I laugh at people that just wipe down the grocery cart with a wipe and think it is good to go. It is not. You need to let a disinfectant fluid sit on the surface for a few minutes. Every cleaning fluid or disinfectant will tell you the contact time needed to adequately clean or disinfect a surface. Know the difference between clean and disinfect. Because the two are not one and the same.

5. Education Education Education on how to wash your hands, keep your hands out of your face, how not to be afraid and panic buy TP of all things and yes how to correctly use a mask. But the mask alone would not have allowed us to continue as normal.

But none of that was in place, and it is too late now. There is no win with our current situation not even two months ago because nothing to fight this virus was in place. Sitting around blaming Trump, China, Democrats, Republicans is useless BS.

Do nothing and let natural selection happen, it still would have incited panic when there was death after death. I think most people find this scenario unfathomable. But it has happened in the past and changed normal, just not in our memorable lifetimes. After this it will happen again, hopefully not in our lifetimes.

Do what we are currently doing shutting down the world and you have a another problem that is pretty unfathomable.

There was no correct choice.

There is no side plot to save trafficked individuals, there is no conspiracy to screw up the election or any other f'ing conspiracy. This wasn't done out of malicious intent. This is not some engineered virus that accidentally escaped. This is random life at its unfairest.

Normal has changed. Find a new normal.
    Beautiful post, Chere. Very well stated.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

20. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Cannonball Run records are as difficult to obtain as they are controversial in the enthusiast community. They require precise planning, impeccable driving, a good deal of luck and a willingness to break the law in state after state. But with America's roads emptied by stay-at-home orders related to the coronavirus pandemic, it seems one team took advantage of this once-in-our-lifetimes chance to set a new record for a cross-country sprint in an Audi A8L: 26 hours and 38 minutes, or about 45 minutes faster than the mark set in 2019 by Arne Toman, Doug Tabbutt, and Berkeley Chadwick.New 26:38 Cannonball Record

https://www.thedrive.com/news/32961/...-over-covid-19
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

22. Likes blueeyes, erial liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

24. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

28. Likes accadacca liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum