Page 103 of 165 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3289

Thread: Coronavirus

Not quite. That 108,501 number is the number of people that have been tested. The number of positives from that is 4,672 with 46 deaths reported.

So that's 4.3% positives from those that are tested, with a death rate of 0.1%.

Either way, it's looking pretty good here in the beehive state.
    https://coronavirus.utah.gov/case-counts/

2. Likes blueeyes liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've always thought that the percentages that are thrown around are way too high anyways, because they're not taking into account the hundreds, if not thousands of people who got the virus and never knew they had it.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I believe the more accurate and meaningful number would be deaths to total population.

ie. what are any individuals odds of dying in Utah from the commie cold.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Not to mention nearly all death's were folks not long for this world anyway.

This lock down is the dumbest and most stupid event I have witnessed I my lifetime.

7. Likes twotimer, rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post

If Trump continues to show is true colors with this crisis I doubt he wins the election.
    Respectfully, if Biden remains to be the competition, Trump could go to the Bahamas until November and still win. Joe Biden is having some real trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a plot to label him unfit to be the candidate, or he dies, or becomes mentally ill, and they have to bring in the "backup plan". It wouldn't surprise me at all if that was the plan all along.

I mean, Biden, really, there is no way he has a chance. The only way people will vote for him is because they hate Trump so bad. It won't be because of Biden's accomplishments.

9. Likes oldno7, rockgremlin, Iceaxe liked this post
    Biden is it, or more appropriately, his VP candidate is it. They're down to the emergency chute...and it's gonna fail.

Biden is burnt toast. We don't know who's actually running against Trump yet. A lot of talk about Michelle Obama "saving the day"...but I don't think she wants to get her ass kicked, either.

Personally, I'm just looking forward to Trump unleashing hell for the next four years. He's gonna kick them while they're down. Make 'em pay. I know that sounds "not nice" but they certainly deserve it. Kill 'em all.

Bernie, gone. Warren, gone. Soon Biden, too. Then Pelosi. Who's gonna be left standing to represent these clowns?
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

A friend posted this on Facebook.

Am I the only one noticing that it's many of the liberal strongholds (sanctuary cities) that are getting hammered by the Chinese Virus?

Coincidence? I think not...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    A friend posted this on Facebook.

But...but...but... They keep telling us "this is NOT just a nasty strain of the flu!"

You know, I think they're right. This ISN'T a nasty strain of the flu... it's a softer, weaker version of the flu. But just with much better marketing.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

14. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    So how many death certificates labeled covid-19 are in reality the flu?

Seems everyone including fauci were saying this year was going to be a very bad flu year, prior to the commie cold hitting us.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Another friend posted this one and she got it from the CDC website.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/health...-Influenza.pdf

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    But...but...but... They keep telling us "this is NOT just a nasty strain of the flu!"

You know, I think they're right. This ISN'T a nasty strain of the flu... it's a softer, weaker version of the flu. But just with much better marketing.
    So back when this all started I said I didn't think SARS-CoV-2 would kill as many as Flu based on what CDC reported for the flu. Which is an estimate. What I didn't realize is how inflated that estimate is.

Some information to ponder.

A few paragraphs from an article I read this morning written by a doctor.

When reports about the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 began circulating earlier this year and questions were being raised about how the illness it causes, COVID-19, compared to the flu, it occurred to me that, in four years of emergency medicine residency and over three and a half years as an attending physician, I had almost never seen anyone die of the flu. I could only remember one tragic pediatric case.

Based on the CDC numbers though, I should have seen many, many more. In 2018, over 46,000 Americans*died from opioid overdoses. Over 36,500*died in traffic accidents. Nearly 40,000*died from gun violence. I see those deaths all the time. Was I alone in noticing this discrepancy?

The 25,000 to 69,000 numbers that Trump cited do not represent counted flu deaths per year; they are*estimates*that the CDC*produces*by multiplying the number of flu death counts reported by various coefficients produced through complicated algorithms. These coefficients are based on assumptions of how many cases, hospitalizations, and deaths they believe went unreported. In the last six flu seasons, the CDC’s reported number of actual confirmed flu deaths—that is, counting flu deaths the way we are currently counting deaths from the coronavirus—has ranged from 3,448 to 15,620, which far lower than the numbers commonly repeated by public officials and even public health experts.

The question remains. Can we accurately compare the toll of the flu to the toll of the coronavirus pandemic?

To do this, we have to compare counted deaths to counted deaths, not counted deaths to wildly inflated statistical estimates. If we compare, for instance, the number of people who died in the United States from COVID-19 in the second full week of April to the number of people who died from influenza during the worst week of the past seven flu seasons (as reported to the CDC), we find that the novel coronavirus killed between 9.5 and 44 times more people than seasonal flu. In other words, the coronavirus is not anything like the flu: It is much, much worse.
    The link in case you want to read the entire article.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...es-to-oranges/

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Respectfully, if Biden remains to be the competition, Trump could go to the Bahamas until November and still win. Joe Biden is having some real trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a plot to label him unfit to be the candidate, or he dies, or becomes mentally ill, and they have to bring in the "backup plan". It wouldn't surprise me at all if that was the plan all along.

I mean, Biden, really, there is no way he has a chance. The only way people will vote for him is because they hate Trump so bad. It won't be because of Biden's accomplishments.
    Maybe with a "little tiny" luck both parties will have to come up with a back up plan. You know both of their current candidates are pretty ancient.

I know it is a pipe dream. But one could hope there is a higher purpose to this pandemic.

Chere'

Mayors taking action

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Good for thee--not for me

Michelle Obama Asks DC Residents to ‘Stay Home’ While Barack Goes Golfing

Former First Lady Michelle Obama and former President Barack Obama do not appear to be on the same page regarding Washington, DC’s stay-at-home orders.
    Michelle Obama recorded a message for Washington, DC, residents, urging Americans to stay home, even though her husband went golfing in Virginia two days earlier.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-goes-golfing/

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Surprising admission from Yahoo, hydroxychloroquine has 90% effectiveness

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hydro...155637974.html

22. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    CALLED IT ....and CDC is quietly admitting it, the real COVID deaths, and then the COVID "OR" Flu "OR" Pneumonia

As of 2 weeks ago, only 11,356 from COVID

vs

54,217 from EITHER Flu, Pneumonia OR COVID

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/health...-Influenza.pdf

Name:  CDC.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  198.5 KB

Another thought from a friend...

For people who think the lock down is working.
    Current cures for Corona virus: None
    Current population of Utah 3.2 million people.
    At the current rate of infection in Utah 180 per day it will take 1,777 weeks get over this pandemic.
    We are on week 7.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Another thought from a friend...

For people who think the lock down is working.
    Current cures for Corona virus: None
    Current population of Utah 3.2 million people.
    At the current rate of infection in Utah 180 per day it will take 1,777 weeks get over this pandemic.
    We are on week 7.
    He isn’t wrong on the numbers...but...

The current infection rate is BECAUSE we are social distancing and cleaning 1000000x/day.

That’s the whole purpose of social distancing.

That’s only a sliver of the puzzle too. The big picture is limiting numbers so that our EMS environment isn’t flooded all at once. That’s all it’s ever been about.

Since this is new for everyone in a way, guess we will find out in the coming year of all the lessons learned.

It’s kind of crazy to think that we are learning together about this and people are already polarizing the issue and are already shaming those who (because obviously they have the only truth) believe this or that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

26. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    As per the "cure" to COVID, has anybody asked HOW IN THE WORLD Trump could know about HCQ - HydroxyChloroquine (with Zinc) so early on?

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum