Page 102 of 165 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3289

Thread: Coronavirus

Elon Musk just became my new hero:

Tesla CEO Elon Musk lambasts 'fascist' coronavirus stay-in-place orders

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla...000243948.html
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 04-29-2020 at 07:00 PM.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    If you pay attention, the narrative shift is slowly moving like this:

Shutdowners: Stay at home. If you go out, you're going to die, or kill someone. It's irresponsible and selfish.
    Openers: What if we go out and wear masks and social distance?
    Shudowners: No, no, no. That's not how it works. The media has said that masks don't work that well, and we need to save them for the healthcare people because there is a shortage. You want to just kill people for your 'freedom' and stock prices. I hope you get the virus and die.

(is now shifting to)

Shutdowners (now mask wearing virtue signallers): I'm a responsible, considerate, patron of society, because I wear my mask everywhere when I go out in public, and I care about other people.
    Freedom Lovers: Can we just social distance, and not wear a mask?
    Maskwearers: No. No. No. You must wear a mask. The experts on TV has said that this will save us all. The sooner everyone does that, the sooner we can get back to normal.
    Freedom Lovers: But, if you're wearing mask, why do you care if i wear one or not?
    Maskwearers: You just want to be difficult. That's not how this works. It only works when everyone wears masks and social distances. You just want to be selfish, and kill people. I hope you get the virus and die.
    The narrative has definitely shifted. This stay home was to keep from over loading the hospital systems. Clearly that didn't work for parts of NY which is crazy populated and on top of each other. I do think it helped but if you are part of a family that has lost loved ones you might disagree. Or healthcare workers dealing with the numerous patients.

Other places like here the system is not overwhelmed. And honestly you can't keep everything shut down the domino effect of this quarantine is a nightmare. The narrative some how turned to "stop the spread" and shaming people who don't do what is expected to stop the spread.

Messages from media and from leading politicians ALL of them are mixed. That video the cute blond made that someone posted is exactly what you hear on TV. Do this but not this.

For people who are naturally anxious this is freaking them out. For those that are skeptical
    ..well they are just freaking out those anxious beans even more. And the anxious beans just piss off the skeptics. Wicked never ending cycle.

My take on masks. Yes they will stop the spread of your germs to someone else if you wear one. And you are less likely to pick up someone else's germs if you are wearing one. That is why they wear them at the hospital with any patient that has an easily spread communicable disease.

I now have to wear one ALL the time in the hospital. No longer is it an option to wear one. Working in the lab I have virtually no exposure to the rest of the hospital. We kind of hold up in lab always. No one ventures in we don't venture out. We like it that way. But it is mandated we wear a mask as we walk into the hospital and everywhere in the hospital and when we get to the car we are supposed to put it in a paper bag to keep it clean and wear it the next time we come to work. Because I am in the lab I can wear a homemade mask. Higher risk areas have the N95 masks. They have a system for who wears what type of mask and other PPE.

So at the hospital I will follow their recommendations. I like getting paid.

At PT if they require me to wear one I will. Both therapist have been wearing them consistently they haven't required the patients to wear one yet but a lot of them do there are a few of us who don't. No one has said anything but if they ask me to I will. We do have to stay 6ft apart wash our hands when we walk in and they wipe everything down as we go.

I don't wear one at the grocery store. I am more concerned with touching things than I am breathing in someone's exhaled breath. Especially the freezer or fridge door handles. I have to be mindful not to touch my face before I can wash my hands. I am terrible about that. However if I show up at the grocery store and am told I can't shop unless I wear a mask. I will put one on. I don't have the energy to give a shit about being spiteful and not shopping somewhere because they want me to cover my face. I will cover my face and go about my business.

I am just hoping that we don't have to wear a mask nonstop at the school this fall. But I am afraid that will be the case at this point so if I want a paycheck...I will wear that mask.

Do I think it is necessary for a healthy person to wear one. No. But if what they say is true about this virus that asymptomatic people spread this then wearing the mask does help and how do you know if you are asymptomatic? You don't.

So just like in the lab where we treat every tube of blood, every cup of urine, every bodily specimen as if it were infected with HIV or something worse. Then I guess you treat every person like they are spreading SARS-COV-2 including myself.

Death from this virus doesn't scare me. I am worh more to my kids dead than I am alive. But getting infected and being one of the bad cases that does survive...I am not going to lie that does worry me a bit. This particular bug is really good at messing with your inflammatory system and coagulation system and when you screw with both those you do some serious internal, potentially permanent damage.

Also I am very annoyed with the whole disinfectant hoopla. I seriously can't stand Trump. I didn't like him before he took office. He is the ultimate con artist. Even with my dislike of him he didn't say go ingest or inject disinfectant. He was thinking out loud and he should never do that. Especially in front of the press. But then he probably did that just so he could go around screaming fake news fake news I have decided those are his two new favorite words. He loves repetition.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Also I am very annoyed with the whole disinfectant hoopla. I seriously can't stand Trump. I didn't like him before he took office. He is the ultimate con artist. Even with my dislike of him he didn't say go ingest or inject disinfectant. He was thinking out loud and he should never do that.
    Hahaha... one of the things I like most about Trump is you always know what's rattling around in his head. Trump is very transparent and direct, which are things your normal politicians are not.

Nice post, Blueeyes...sounds reasonable to me. Speaking of reasonable, although I'm certainly not a fan of the "mask thing" as it is, if they require me to wear one when I want to buy eggs and milk I will. I have an American flag bandana that'll work just fine. It just seems half assed to require them now (Costco, for example) this far into it. Kinda like taking birth control after pregnancy has already happened. People like me and some of the other dudes around here just check out when conflicting "orders" are being spewed from both sides of the mouth. Personally, I'm really not bothered too much with this nonsense...as I've seen so much of it in my nearly 57 years that to get yourself upset about things you cannot possibly control is foolish. Can't help but snarl a little bit, though.

Can't disagree with you about Trump, either. I can certainly see why he's so objectionable to some. Heck, even I don't like to listen to him ramble on. However, if you can stomach it, listen to his speech at the end of February 2017...his first address to Congress. It was outstanding...and THAT is the reason we forgive his transgressions.

Anyway, if you're curious as to why he has so much support that speech hits all the buttons. And he meant it, as he's been proving it as he gone along.

A con man? Oh heck, they're all con men...and women. Except for those that can't do a damn thing about the good 'ole boys club as it is. It's just the way the game is played.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

6. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Hahaha... one of the things I like most about Trump is you always know what's rattling around in his head. Trump is very transparent and direct, which are things your normal politicians are not.
    Actually I take back what I said...he should keep thinking out loud in front of the TV and cameras off script.

Chere'

Actually I take back what I said...he should keep thinking out loud in front of the TV and cameras off script.

Ha! I see what you did there. Even if he did that, he'd still mop the floor with Biden...at least Trump knows what day of the week it is.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Ha! I see what you did there. Even if he did that, he'd still mop the floor with Biden...at least Trump knows what day of the week it is.
    Trump mopping the floor with Biden really isn't that impressive. Why? Biden mops the floor with himself.

Chere'

10. Likes accadacca liked this post

Hahaha... Trumps base... aka the deplorables... love it any time Trump goes off script... that's like tossing raw meat to the lions... it's something liberals and the media can't wrap their brain around.

Liberals and the media always take Trump literally, but never seriously... Trump's supporters always take him seriously, but not literally.

Hahaha... Trumps base... aka the deplorables... love it any time Trump goes off script... that's like tossing raw meat to the lions... it's something liberals and the media can't wrap their brain around.

Liberals and the media always take Trump literally, but never seriously... Trump's supporters always take him seriously, but not literally.
    He isn't worth taking literally or seriously.

Chere'

My wife is a nurse so I can post this jab;

He isn't worth taking literally or seriously.
    But that's the issue... you don't have to like him, but until the left understands why Trump is so hugely popular with his base they will never beat him.

I couldn't stand Obama, but I understood why he appealed to many.

But that's the issue... you don't have to like him, but until the left understands why Trump is so hugely popular with his base they will never beat him.

I couldn't stand Obama, but I understood why he appealed to many.
    I understand why he appeals to his base. If you think I am left you are wrong.

If Trump continues to show is true colors with this crisis I doubt he wins the election. Then all of his base and Trump can keep screaming how unfair the pandemic was to his campaign. And we will be stuck with another idiot in office because neither party can find decent candidate.

Chere'

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    i think it's a common practice to take more than one approach to address a larger problem, particularly if it may have a greater effect or provide a redundancy

OK--"common practice"?(common to who?)

So in order to keep your wife from getting pregnant,

She is on the pill, that is 90%+ effective

But to help matters along, you wear a condom, that should be 99% effective.(redundancy)

But wait--If we don't have sex, that will be 100% effective.

And if we do all three---that should really work.

The goal is to prevent something(virus, pregnancy)

The ultimate solution is out there.

The question is--how far are we as a society willing to go to prevent either from happening.

The only way to prevent pregnancy, 100% is to choose not to have sex.

The ONLY way to prevent a virus from entering our body is to live in lockdown, forever.(complete abstinence from society)

How far are we willing to go?

How will our immune system grow and develop with zero exposure to virus and germs?

At what point are we destroying ourselves by being afraid to live?

Everyone has become so afraid of dying that they are unwilling to live.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

17. Likes rockgremlin, BasinCruiser liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post

How far are we willing to go?
    We just found out. We're lucky they didn't...

Require everyone to wear a "mask" every time they leave the house, for any reason.
    Fine/Arrest anyone straying from a line that goes from their front door to the nearest grocery store.
    Roadblocks.

That's really all that was left....strange to me that some people think we didn't go far enough.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

19. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    I don't know what your are... but I know you're not on the right as Trump's approval rating among conservatives is over 90%.

If Trump continues to show is true colors with this crisis I doubt he wins the election. Then all of his base and Trump can keep screaming how unfair the pandemic was to his campaign. And we will be stuck with another idiot in office because neither party can find decent candidate.

Being a painter, I can tell you that some people see green, some people see blue. Some are colorblind.

A decent candidate? All those other people that ran for the Dem slot didn't even have a chance...all of them were rejected, quickly. The reason that senile/pedophile/creepy freak got the nod is because he's the man THEY wanted.

Who are they? That's a good question...but whoever these people are, if Biden wins then it'll be them that are calling the shots...and most likely things will be done that serve THEIR best interests. Vote "Anonymous" for prez? Not me.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

23. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Do as I say--not as my wife does.

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

The newest numbers are in for Utah:

https://www.ksl.com/article/46747234...y-restrictions

So far, 108,501 people have tested positive for Wuhan Coronavirus in Utah, and 46 have died. I'll even be nice and do the math for you:

46 / 108,501 = 0.042%

LESS THAN A 0.05% CHANCE OF DYING FROM CORONAVIRUS IN UTAH, BUT BY ALL MEANS LET'S COMMIT ECONOMIC SUICIDE!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum