Thread: Coronavirus

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    https://www.newsweek.com/controversi...ndemic-1500503

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

2. Likes devo_stevo, BasinCruiser, oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    AZ Woman Who Blamed Trump for Chloroquine Ingestion Now Subject of Homicide Investigation

In their effort to attack the Trump administration as it battles the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak in the US, the anti-Trump opposition press has peddled Chinese propaganda and now it looks like they’ve rallied around someone who is now under a homicide investigation. Remember that Arizona couple who ingested chloroquine phosphate because they thought it could ward off the virus? Wanda Lenius and her husband, Gary, ingested the fish tank cleaner with soda and the effects were dire. The husband died, while it left Wanda in critical condition. Now, she’s being investigated for homicide. Alana Goodman of the Washington Free Beacon has the scoop. One thing that struck friends of the late Gary Lenius as odd was this notion that this retired engineer would just take poison willingly.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...inves-n2567839
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    AZ Woman Who Blamed Trump for Chloroquine Ingestion Now Subject of Homicide Investigation

In their effort to attack the Trump administration as it battles the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak in the US, the anti-Trump opposition press has peddled Chinese propaganda and now it looks like they’ve rallied around someone who is now under a homicide investigation. Remember that Arizona couple who ingested chloroquine phosphate because they thought it could ward off the virus? Wanda Lenius and her husband, Gary, ingested the fish tank cleaner with soda and the effects were dire. The husband died, while it left Wanda in critical condition. Now, she’s being investigated for homicide. Alana Goodman of the Washington Free Beacon has the scoop. One thing that struck friends of the late Gary Lenius as odd was this notion that this retired engineer would just take poison willingly.

Wow...I was in Arizona watching the news when they first reported this. I seriously wanted to know why anyone would do that. I couldn't comprehend someone truly being that stupid.

This makes more sense. What an awful way to die.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

6. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

8. Likes accadacca, twotimer, rockgremlin liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

That is too funny. Not for the dead husband, but for the blow to the LSM (Lame Stream Media) narrative that the things Trump says has real consequences of people actually listening to him, misinterpretting what he says, and then getting hurt by trying to 'follow his direction'. This would be the 2nd time the media has tried tying Trumps remarks to real cases of people getting hurt trying to follow what they think he is suggestin, that has now been debunked.

Remember last week the blow up over the 'disinfectant' remarks he made, and how the LSM accused him of telling people to drink and inject chlorox and Lysol, and that people were going to get hurt or die by listening to him? And sure enough a day or two later, headlines appeared stating that recent spikes to poison control for disinfectant accidents are evidence that people are actually trying to injest disinfectants following Trumps remarks, and that he is responsible. Turns out, that also was fake news - gasp, shocker. While it is a fact that there has been spikes in disinfectant poisonings to poison control, those spikes started over month ago in early March. How could what Trump said a week ago cause spikes in poisonings over a month ago? Did he let sometihng slip a long time ago about disinfectants that the media missed, but other people picked up on? Or, due to the hightened concerns about germs and sudden rush to buy disinfectants to blanket everything, including food by some, by the masses in early March cause a spike in incidents of people misusing those products - splashes into eyes and mouth, getting cleaner on hands and then transferring to eye/mouth, result in a sudden spike in calls to poison control?
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

12. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

14. Likes accadacca, twotimer, rockgremlin liked this post
    Costco says face masks are now mandatory for all shoppers in their stores.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46746754...ar-a-face-mask

Sam's Club here I come...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Masks???

So, with the 'opening up' of Utah, the guvna has started an initiative for a mask for every Utahn (2M masks availage upon order, Salt Lake County is requiring them be used at reopened businesses https://www.ksl.com/article/46746778...ned-businesses, Costco is requiring them for all customers at their stores https://www.ksl.com/article/46746754...ar-a-face-mask,

Personally, I've thought them to be overkill, but whatever. 2 weeks ago, 1 in 20 people at the grocery store had one on. Funny - the other day my wife and I went to the grocery store, and we were like 1/20 that didn't have one one. After leaving the grocery store, we went straight to Maverick, which had about 20 patrons, and nobody had one on, not even the store employees. Seems a completely different demographic of mindset at the Maverick than there was at Smith's.

So, what about anyone else - what are your thoughts on wearing masks? Have you already been wearing one for the past week+? Don't think it's necessary, but will comply with local governement regulations? Won't wear one, unless the store itself requires it, and will honor the private property request rights? Or, refuse to wear one at all - if they don't want my business as I am, I'll go somewhere else, and screw the government regs?

If you don't have a mask already, but want to start wearing one, where do you get one, now? Especially now that the government and some stores are requiring them, it's going to be the TP rush all over again - And we can see how that hasn't recovered, yet. I see these mask wearing requirements likely to be eased/reduced if nobody can buy one anywhere. Apparently, the website that Herbert set up keeps crashing due to overload.

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    if they don't want my business as I am, I'll go somewhere else, and screw the government regs

^^^THIS^^^

I'd say about 99.8% of all masks worn by the general public are not going to do anything because they're either worn wrong, or recycled one too many times, or the fabric is too porous. Or all three.

That said, wearing face masks has now evolved into more of a statement than a safety precaution, and wearing it states loud and clear that you're drinking the Kool-Aid, and are willing to live under the thumb of manufactured fear.

Well.....I'm not. And I refuse to drink the Kool-Aid, and I refuse to wear a stupid rag on my face against my will.

18. Likes accadacca, middlefork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    ^^^THIS^^^

I'd say about 99.8% of all masks worn by the general public are not going to do anything because they're either worn wrong, or recycled one too many times, or the fabric is too porous. Or all three.

That said, wearing face masks has now evolved into more of a statement than a safety precaution, and wearing it states loud and clear that you're drinking the Kool-Aid, and are willing to live under the thumb of manufactured fear.

Well.....I'm not. And I refuse to drink the Kool-Aid, and I refuse to wear a stupid rag on my face against my will.

Glad I’m not the only one to feel this way. You put it much more eloquently than I could.

20. Likes middlefork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    ^^^THIS^^^

just to understand, you don't believe that a face mask can reduce the spreading of respiratory droplets into the air from a person who has the virus (maybe unknowingly) which is a main way the coronavirus is transmitted.

22. Likes Sandstone Addiction, blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    just to understand, you don't believe that a face mask can reduce the spreading of respiratory droplets into the air from a person who has the virus (maybe unknowingly) which is the main way the coronavirus is transmitted.
    Just to understand more--so social distancing doesn't work?
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

24. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    No, I will not be wearing no dumbass mask...

Unless I'm robbing a bank, then I'll be wearing a mask.

26. Likes accadacca, middlefork liked this post
    If you pay attention, the narrative shift is slowly moving like this:

Shutdowners: Stay at home. If you go out, you're going to die, or kill someone. It's irresponsible and selfish.
    Openers: What if we go out and wear masks and social distance?
    Shudowners: No, no, no. That's not how it works. The media has said that masks don't work that well, and we need to save them for the healthcare people because there is a shortage. You want to just kill people for your 'freedom' and stock prices. I hope you get the virus and die.

(is now shifting to)

Shutdowners (now mask wearing virtue signallers): I'm a responsible, considerate, patron of society, because I wear my mask everywhere when I go out in public, and I care about other people.
    Freedom Lovers: Can we just social distance, and not wear a mask?
    Maskwearers: No. No. No. You must wear a mask. The experts on TV has said that this will save us all. The sooner everyone does that, the sooner we can get back to normal.
    Freedom Lovers: But, if you're wearing mask, why do you care if i wear one or not?
    Maskwearers: You just want to be difficult. That's not how this works. It only works when everyone wears masks and social distances. You just want to be selfish, and kill people. I hope you get the virus and die.

28. Likes middlefork, oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post
    If you pay attention, the narrative shift is slowly moving like this:

Shutdowners: Stay at home. If you go out, you're going to die, or kill someone. It's irresponsible and selfish.
    Openers: What if we go out and wear masks and social distance?
    Shudowners: No, no, no. That's not how it works. The media has said that masks don't work that well, and we need to save them for the healthcare people because there is a shortage. You want to just kill people for your 'freedom' and stock prices. I hope you get the virus and die.

(is now shifting to)

Shutdowners (now mask wearing virtue signallers): I'm a responsible, considerate, patron of society, because I wear my mask everywhere when I go out in public, and I care about other people.
    Freedom Lovers: Can we just social distance, and not wear a mask?
    Maskwearers: No. No. No. You must wear a mask. The experts on TV has said that this will save us all. The sooner everyone does that, the sooner we can get back to normal.
    Freedom Lovers: But, if you're wearing mask, why do you care if i wear one or not?
    Maskwearers: You just want to be difficult. That's not how this works. It only works when everyone wears masks and social distances. You just want to be selfish, and kill people. I hope you get the virus and die.

Ding! Ding!!

Exactly my sentiments.

Wearing a face mask for many folks is just blatant virtue signaling -- an excuse to judge and look down upon those stupid, irresponsible Drumpf followers who insist that money is more important than human lives.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 04-29-2020 at 05:43 PM.

30. Likes middlefork, oldno7 liked this post

Personally, I've thought them to be overkill, but whatever. 2 weeks ago, 1 in 20 people at the grocery store had one on. Funny - the other day my wife and I went to the grocery store, and we were like 1/20 that didn't have one one.

So, what about anyone else - what are your thoughts on wearing masks?
    Yep...same thing happened here in Denver. People are out walking their dogs with no one else near them and they have a mask on. Walking down the street, in the park all by themselves...driving the friggin' car with a mask on. I can't figure if most of them are just going along with the program or if they're scared shitless and believe this virus if floating around in the air...just waiting to attack them. Like people that freak out and run when they see a spider...I tell them "The damn thing isn't going to chase you down, so just relax". Same thing with snakes...or these psycho feminists that see a rapist lurking in every dark corner. I always keep my mouth shut with those but always think "Who the hell would want to rape an ugly old hag like you?". Hypochondria of the brain is what I call it.

I haven't put a mask on since this whole thing began. I peruse the grocery store, the hardware store, etc...and no one has said a thing to me. Hopefully no one will, because my response is likely to be "No one tells me what to do and you can kiss my ass". A month ago they were telling us it was useless to wear one. And if anyone reading this is shaking their heads then it sucks to be you.

Just a nasty strain of the flu, and everybody shit their pants. Like I said nearly two months ago, it should have been allowed to run it's course...warn everybody it's a nasty one and do a "lockdown" type thing with the old folks homes so they aren't wheeling out body bags on a daily basis. Instead it was hyped into a catastrophe and the Congress gave itself a pass to gang rape the Treasury...after slipping a few bucks into everyone's pockets, of course. It was a no win situation for anyone but those that are going to rake in the cash that have friends in high places. A "perfect disaster".

Blows my mind...I was wondering what was next after the Impeachment nuke they dropped in Trump's lap didn't go off...so they dropped one in the lap of all of us. Crazy huh? They couldn't get him so they went after everyone else...friend and foe alike.

Some may read what I just wrote and think "That's absolute nonsense"...well, how about this: They reacted like a bunch of stupid kids in a pitch black room throwing frisbee's around. "They're not that smart Byron, they're just a bunch of idiots". Does that make it better?

Of all the crazy bullshit in the past three years plus, the last few months have been absolutely off the hook. Almost surreal.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

32. Likes middlefork liked this post
    Just to understand more--so social distancing doesn't work?
    i think it's a common practice to take more than one approach to address a larger problem, particularly if it may have a greater effect or provide a redundancy

34. Likes jman, blueeyes liked this post
    The way 90% of people are wearing masks is a big fat joke. I guess I trust people without them more than those with. At least I'm reminded to take my own precautions rather than rely on someone else.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum