Page 123 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 3289

Thread: Coronavirus

Maybe I want to get Coronavirus too...

I just spoke with a buddy of mine from Cedar City. Apparently he got Covid back in March - it took him down for about 4 days. He donates plasma sometimes, and he's telling me that if you produce paperwork documenting that you have Covid antibodies that they'll pay you $100 per donation. Considering you can donate twice a week, that works out to $800/month!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. Likes Iceaxe, blueeyes liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I think this will go down as another example of the inefficiency of communicating via messages on the internet versus speaking face to face.
    you didn't reply to my question

I know you had mentioned the droplet issue, but I didn't find that very compelling
    i indicated it's a main way covid is spread. (so if you reduce the spread of this you could reduce the likelihood of transmission.) i also mentioned in a later post the droplet vs virus size and that there is evidence that masks have been shown to reduce the spread of microorganisms from the nose and mouth (this can occur by various means including respiratory droplets). and mentioned that people are contagious before symptoms show and that some are asymptomatic. masks may help with these plus those with mild symptoms who may not know

because my previous line of reasoning was this: OK, so the virus laden droplet lands on your mask, and then what? It dies?
    it depends on many factors. you need to take in a certain amount of virus in a certain period of time which can happen a lot of ways, can vary across people and circumstances. virus transmission is a complicated process which is not completely determinable in all cases since we have incomplete information and is also not fully understood. goal is to reduce the likelihood of transmission through known ways.

if your mask catches a large droplet with enough virus to infect you (and you're not already infected) then it might reduce the chance that you get infected compared with no mask (but doesn't mean it can't happen and hand hygiene would also be important).

on the other hand it's possible that if you're in a confined room/space with dense enough virus laden aerosols formed of smaller respiratory droplets that are suspended/moving in the air (rather drop to the ground) they could evade your mask; and if you breathed in enough over enough time you might get infected.

i also replied that cloth masks can be washed (which will kill/eliminate virus) so they can be reused.

But my co-worker conceded that masks were never designed to be 100% effective -- they were only meant to cut down on the number of virus droplets that one respires into the air.
    this is why i used the word "reduce" in my question rather than "eliminate." i'm not sure why you would assume anything like this would be 100% effective or behave in the same way under all conditions/activities ... or that, if it's not 100% effective, it's necessarily worthless. (and how well it performs depends on the materials/constrsuction used.) also i would say it's primarily (not just only) to reduce the spread from infected people but also secondarily and to much lesser degree it might add some partially effective protection for the uninfected in limited cases.

the original recommendation against masks was to preserve the limited supply of manufactured masks for those who needed them most (medical professionals, essential workers, etc) so they wouldn't be ransacked. (in many places in asia they have been wearing masks from the beginning)

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

A vaccine, which ain't going to happen for a long time if ever, we have only been working on one for 20 years (SARS).

SARS appeared in 2002 and disappeared in 2004 without any known transmission since. candidate vaccines exist. and they require human studies. are you suggesting we should have invested more in these and further studies to try obtain a SARS vaccine?

while a vaccine is not guaranteed, i think you're comparing apples to oranges here.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    you didn't reply to my question......

stefan --

I removed my sig claiming masks don't do anything, what do you want from me?

Joking aside, you should know me well enough to know that I have a cavalier attitude about many things. But unlike most folks, I can be persuaded to listen to reason. I acknowledge all of your points and admit that I was probably being more dismissive than I should have been. Do I believe that masks can reduce the number of virus laden droplets that are transmitted from an infected person? Yes, I would say that's probably a reasonable claim.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ingle-patient/

NY $21 MIL hospital shut down after not seeing a single covid patient, and yet Cuomo along with 4 other Democratic governors pushed COVID19 positive elderly back into nursing homes, infecting and killing others there.

Why?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

8. Likes dougrz liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post

NY $21 MIL hospital shut down after not seeing a single covid patient, and yet Cuomo along with 4 other Democratic governors pushed COVID19 positive elderly back into nursing homes, infecting and killing others there.

Why?

I reckon you've got a theory that goes beyond the fact that they're incompetent, foolish, lying, retard backstabbers?
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

Why?

Justin I read that article twice..where does it say COVID positive elderly were pushed back into nursing homes??

Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Justin I read that article twice..where does it say COVID positive elderly were pushed back into nursing homes??

You must know about this by now, right? Cuomo has already been on a dozen interviews, being asked about his decision to do this.

12. Likes dougrz liked this post
    You must know about this by now, right? Cuomo has already been on a dozen interviews, being asked about his decision to do this.

No honestly the last couple weeks I have checked out gone off grid. It has been incredibly nice not to sit and watch news all day.

Chere'

Readers Digest condensed version... NY forced elderly care centers to accept everyone, including those who tested positive for Covid-19.

It was the dumbest and most ridiculous edict I ever heard... but it's a fact.... and is one of the main reasons NY was leading the nation in deaths.

15. Likes blueeyes, dougrz liked this post
    No honestly the last couple weeks I have checked out gone off grid. It has been incredibly nice not to sit and watch news all day.

To be fair, I wish i was right along with you and hearing less about this stuff, so good on you.

There is a major case arising about this, specifically 5 states that did this and it was a huge percentage of the overall deaths.

Readers Digest condensed version... NY forced elderly care centers to accept everyone, including those who tested positive for Covid-19.

It was the dumbest and most ridiculous edict I ever heard... but it's a fact.... and is one of the main reasons NY was leading the nation in deaths.
    Wow...do you guys have links to articles. I would like to read up.
    @Sombeech

I highly recommend unplugging. I wasn't stressed by this situation but seriously frustrated with stupidity.

Even today go through a drive thru and he has gloves on, then passes a plastic food box out for me to drop my money into. Pulls the box in grabs money out. Gave him a 10, the cost was 4.40. He freaks out because he typed in 20. Oh no he doesn't know how much change to give me.

I chuckle softly to myself and say 5.60. He glances at the screen. And decides he agrees with me. Counts it out. Puts the money in the plastic box and extends the box towards me. I grab my money. Now my food goes in the bag into the box with my drink and he extends the box to me. All the time with his gloved hands. And he says thanks for helping with the change.

You are most welcome. I drive off shaking my head.

There is a part of me that wants to go off grid permanently. But let's be honest I would probably end up being the next McCandless. So I will stick to my weekend warrior routine and patiently deal with excessive fear and stupidity.

Chere'

Wow...do you guys have links to articles. I would like to read

Here... let me Google that for you... "ny elderly covid deaths"

Here... let me Google that for you... "ny elderly covid deaths"
    Nope I wanted the articles you guys read plus I am busy. Haha

Chere'

There is a part of me that wants to go off grid permanently.
    You and probably at least 50 million others...including myself.

Crazy stuff...it's like watching a really low budget carnival go off the rails. This will keep going in overdrive until November...and then I think the whirling dervish aspect of this will die down.

We can't keep up this pace...somethin's gonna snap. The "news" as it is sure has a lot of people f*cked up...I think the next 3 years is going to determine the trajectory of our country.

Might be a good idea to start looking at land out in the boonies...just in case.

Nope I wanted the articles you guys read plus I am busy. Haha

What are you building?

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    You and probably at least 50 million others...including myself.

Crazy stuff...it's like watching a really low budget carnival go off the rails. This will keep going in overdrive until November...and then I think the whirling dervish aspect of this will die down.

We can't keep up this pace...somethin's gonna snap. The "news" as it is sure has a lot of people f*cked up...I think the next 3 years is going to determine the trajectory of our country.

Might be a good idea to start looking at land out in the boonies...just in case.
    Got it.

Chere'

Nearly half of all coronavirus deaths in US occurred inside nursing homes.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/almos...g-homes-report

I have been a long standing contributor to Hillsdale College for the last 20 years or so. They send out a very well written pamphlet (Imprimis) almost monthly.

Recently Hillsdale released a free symposium with guest speakers. Some very interesting commentary here if you have the time to watch.

https://symposium.hillsdale.edu/

26. Likes dougrz liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum