Page 108 of 165 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 3289

Thread: Coronavirus

^^^Very eye opening... it seems to be working just great... follow some commonsense instead of devastating the entire economy.

2. Likes oldno7, devo_stevo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Exactly. I'll also say that life in Brigham City hasn't really been that different for me either other than the kids being home from school and driving my wife nuts. A lot of places simply stayed open and operated as usual with a few changes to things to keep people as safe as they possibly could.

If you look at the case counts for the Bear River health district, which covers Box Elder, Cache, and Rich counties, I think we're up just over 60 positive cases. The one death that is credited to us is a guy from Willard that was serving a mission for the church and died in Wisconsin. I'm not sure why we got the credit for that. He didn't get it here, or die here, so...

I'm so glad that all of the whiners in Salt Lake and Summit County didn't persuade the governor to shut the whole state down. In most places, it's just not needed, and it would have done so much more damage then it needed to.

Also, there is a ton of freedom going on in Cache County. I went o Logan last week, and you'd never know anything was going on over there. People everywhere.

5. Likes accadacca, oldno7, blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    Found it. Funny as heck. She was really looking for some controversy, and boy they found it at the salon.

Unbelievable... Almost villainizing Utahns, really.

I'm glad they at least pointed out that even though folks in SW Utah are living life as normal that there are only 35 cases of Covid. Shouldn't that be a telling stat?

I still haven't gotten a straight answer about exactly when would be a good time to lift quarantines country wide? I posed that question last week when Jman was trolling and nobody responded. So I'll ask again. For all you who are cheerleading the efforts to continue shelter-in-place orders further.....so what's the plan? When do you consider it safe to come out from quarantine again? July? November? Next year? Throw me a bone here...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

^^^easy question I can answer.

The shelter in place crew wants the ban lifted when Trump is out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Don’t argue with the experts.

Attachment 94656
    this person is talking about the size of the virus itself (and there is evidence it is also airborne as an aerosol on smaller particles)

but a main way the covid is spread it is thought is through respiratory droplets which are bigger. there is evidence that both homemade masks and surgical masks can reduce the spread of microorganisms from an infected person's mouth and nose (surgical masks more).

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Unbelievable... Almost villainizing Utahns, really.

I'm glad they at least pointed out that even though folks in SW Utah are living life as normal that there are only 35 cases of Covid. Shouldn't that be a telling stat?

I still haven't gotten a straight answer about exactly when would be a good time to lift quarantines country wide? I posed that question last week when Jman was trolling and nobody responded. So I'll ask again. For all you who are cheerleading the efforts to continue shelter-in-place orders further.....so what's the plan? When do you consider it safe to come out from quarantine again? July? November? Next year? Throw me a bone here...
    I'm not sure if they were trying to make us look bad or if they were just genuinely shocked to see so many people that weren't scared for their lives. I took it more as a group of people that were coming from LA, where they are under total lockdown, and can't go to the park without getting arrested or harassed pretty badly to a place where people were just living their lives. I did laugh pretty hard at the dudes in the trucks and mullets inviting here to party with them.Why not, right? She's cute. Take a chance, I guess.

As for when it ends, I'm afraid Ice is right. The goal posts keep moving so much, it's hard to tell, but the one they really want is Trump out of the White House. So whatever it takes to make him look the worst is when this ends.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    there is evidence that both homemade masks and surgical masks can reduce the spread of microorganisms from an infected person's mouth and nose (surgical masks more).
    But the message in the article you replied to directly contradicts this -- see point #2. A kerchief against the face provides a warm, moist reservoir for bacteria and other virions to produce. Which is I believe one of the points brought out in this article:

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/ar...m.facebook.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    ^^^easy question I can answer.

The shelter in place crew wants the ban lifted when Trump is out of office.

Ya but....that would mean that Biden would have to beat Trump. And we all know that ain't gonna happen, so....now what?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    OK--"common practice"?(common to who?)

So in order to keep your wife from getting pregnant,

She is on the pill, that is 90%+ effective

But to help matters along, you wear a condom, that should be 99% effective.(redundancy)

But wait--If we don't have sex, that will be 100% effective.

And if we do all three---that should really work.
    ever backed up a rappel?

ever backed up a rappel?
    I'd say the thing to do is not to let anyone spew snot all over your face and you're good to go.

Wear a mask everywhere you go as a "backup" against snot spew? Knock yourself out. Heck...why not wear a hazmat suit and goggles? Doesn't the green meanie virus make its way into your eyes, too? What aren't people wearing goggles?

Oh that's right...they're waiting for someone to tell them to put 'em on...then they'll insist everyone should do it. That's it boys and girls...goggles next week.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

ever backed up a rappel?

I have backed up a rappel....but never by peer pressure nor by government decree.

15. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    But the message in the article you replied to directly contradicts this -- see point #2. A kerchief against the face provides a warm, moist reservoir for bacteria and other virions to produce. Which is I believe one of the points brought out in this article:

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/ar...m.facebook.com
    one can clean it or use a new one.

rock, there is a difference between the use of a mask to prevent yourself from becoming infected and using a mask to prevent the transmission by you because you're infected.

if you read the first sentence in the article you posted you would see "Surgeon General Jerome Adams Tuesday doubled down on his advice against healthy people wearing face masks to protect themselves from coronavirus."

what i am referring to is not about the uninfected protecting themselves from becoming infected (which is what your article is about) but rather about the infected transmitting it to the uninfected because they aren't aware they're contagious (since one is contagious before symptoms appear and many are asymptomatic).

Heck...I thought when this whole thing began in mid March that it would largely be "over" by the end of April...so I'm not even going to venture a guess. Especially in regards to the liberal states and cities. Here in Denver they're going to make everyone wear a mask until the end of May, at least. Also, a couple other suburb cities have done the same thing. Starts on Wednesday.

I can tell you this...I went to the grocery store last evening and Target today and there were a lot of people not wearing them. More than I expected and of those with them on, many had them below their noses or down to their necks...like they're getting tired of having the thing on their face.

But, with that said, in a couple days I'll have no choice but to put something on my face...and it WON'T be a "mask"...I've got bandanas I'll use. I'm going bandito style.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

18. Likes accadacca liked this post
    IOW, people are telling the evil lord dictators:, screw you.

Name:  453AD2A5-4A7F-4E18-AE5E-0063A659D18A.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  21.3 KB

https://reason.com/2020/05/04/lockdo...pprove-or-not/
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    ever backed up a rappel?
    Only when I deem it necessary

you make this way to easy..
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

ever backed up a rappel?
    Yup... but I never tie stopper knots in a swift water rappel....

Gotta use a little commonsense...

23. Likes stefan liked this post
    But the message in the article you replied to directly contradicts this -- see point #2. A kerchief against the face provides a warm, moist reservoir for bacteria and other virions to produce.
    (i meant to add this in my previous post before commenting on the article.)

i'm not so sure about contradicting. it ultimately comes down to what contributes to more or less transmission in practice which isn't simple to just say. and yes people's handling might make a difference. it all depends on how it is more effectively transmitted (which may differ by conditions)

Ya but....that would mean that Biden would have to beat Trump. And we all know that ain't gonna happen, so....now what?
    By creating chaos and crashing the economy the Democrats stand a chance. Two months ago the Democrats were toast and stood a great chance of losing both houses and the Presidency, now who knows, they might lose the presidency but win the Senate.

The real damage being done to the liberal agenda is Trump and the Senate installing conservative judges by the Truck load. Democrats winning the Senate is a real possibility at the moment when it was nothing but a unicorn fart in February.

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

27. Likes Iceaxe, rockgremlin liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum