Page 10 of 165 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Jordan school district has not cancelled. We got a call a few hours ago. Murray had a kids Dad who worked at Vivint arena and so they panicked. The U will be online, but they are on spring break anyway and not much left. They can more reasonably handle online and are better setup for it.

I'm working across from a Winco in Midvale today with full view of the parking lot. The parking lot is completely full of course and I've been watching people hustle around and come out with shopping carts filled to brim and sometimes two.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    With travel restrictions from a lot of European and Asian countries coming to the US this year, I’ll bet national parks will see a dramatic decrease in visitation.

Perhaps a trip this year to Yellowstone, Yosemite, Bryce, and Zion will actually be pretty pleasant!
    Label me a radical eco-warrior type mindset, but if we had to trade some level of economic activity for the lack of crowds of the 80s? I'd kill for that.

Just insane how crowded and busy the country has become.

4. Likes oldno7, jman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^That may be but that is not what is happening in my district. Where are you getting that info?
    It's not a "for sure"... they are in discussions... supposed to make a decision tonight.

My source's are excellent... but I'll shut my mouth so I don't get anyone in trouble for talking out of turn

Climb-Utah.com

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    The dem stupidity is mind numbing

Dems pass bill to keep Trump from ordering travel bans during virus crisis

https://www.independentsentinel.com/...1Xr9rGHPcmsH4o
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

7. Likes dougrz liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Next thing ya know, they'll think it's a good idea to have open borders and let anyone in.......
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

9. Likes dougrz liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    It's not a "for sure"... they are in discussions... supposed to make a decision tonight.

My source's are excellent... but I'll shut my mouth so I don't get anyone in trouble for talking out of turn

Climb-Utah.com
    I do know the state superintendent just banned out of state travel for schools. I am a school board member and right now there is no talk of cancelling school in my district. However, this really is an hour by hour situation right now. Would it surprise me if it was cancelled? No. Would it surprise me if it was not? No.

Based on my observations of the reaction and feelings of so many people, it may be a good idea to send everyone home until Monday just to take a deep breath and realize that the water still works, electricity is still on and you can still watch reruns of "The Office" on a half-dozen channels. (And I could get my fruit trees pruned.... :) )
    Life is Good

11. Likes Sandstone Addiction, accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    I do know the state superintendent just banned out of state travel for schools. I am a school board member and right now there is no talk of cancelling school in my district. However, this really is an hour by hour situation right now. Would it surprise me if it was cancelled? No. Would it surprise me if it was not? No.

Based on my observations of the reaction and feelings of so many people, it may be a good idea to send everyone home until Monday just to take a deep breath and realize that the water still works, electricity is still on and you can still watch reruns of "The Office" on a half-dozen channels. (And I could get my fruit trees pruned.... :) )
    This will be a state ban and the decision will be at the state level and not district... as I said... a little birdie told me it's a big possibility at the moment... or nothing might come of it.

Climb-Utah.com

I guess for some there are priorities...

Name:  89807516_3519628394731175_8993713705971613696_o.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  82.4 KB

14. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    “Doctor, I have a high fever, trouble breathing, runny nose - but the bizarre part is, every time I cough I sing something from Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Leonard Cohen or Tom Jones!”

“Hmm - I think you might have that Crooners virus”.....

16. Likes twotimer liked this post
    Canceled sporting events. Canceling schools. Travel bans. People are panicking right and left. Anyone been to a grocery store today? You thought empty TP shelves was bad. By midday tomorrow, if that late, most food shelves will be barren.

This mass hysteria is getting out of control. More people are going to get sick, more are going to die. The peacock is only going to get worse. Factories are going to shut down. Nothing is going to be shipped. Are we on the brink of economic and social collapse? I don’t see this thing getting any better soon.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

18. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Are we on the brink of economic and social collapse? I don’t see this thing getting any better soon.
    When this becomes the dominant topic of conversations, we've reached the bottom. Not until.

Imagine the despair of living through WW2 on continental Europe. Talk about years of hopelessness and death and destruction.

20. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    This will be a state ban and the decision will be at the state level and not district... as I said... a little birdie told me it's a big possibility at the moment... or nothing might come of it.
    Not going to close state wide... at least for now.

Climb-Utah.com

Canceled sporting events. Canceling schools. Travel bans. People are panicking right and left. Anyone been to a grocery store today? You thought empty TP shelves was bad. By midday tomorrow, if that late, most food shelves will be barren.

This mass hysteria is getting out of control. More people are going to get sick, more are going to die. The peacock is only going to get worse. Factories are going to shut down. Nothing is going to be shipped. Are we on the brink of economic and social collapse? I don’t see this thing getting any better soon.
    Just got back from the big grocery store up my street...busy as usual but no panic type stuff. Hit the store just before a big blizzard and then it's mayhem.

What happens in that case is this: eggs, milk, potatoes, avocados, sugar, flour, cheap meat, bananas and most of the rest of fruits and vegetables get scooped up. I walked 1/2 a mile to the store the day after a 2' snow storm and it looked like a bomb went off in there...within 24 hours it was stocked back up.

I don't see a mass panic happening at all...the hype is certainly having an effect on big crowd stuff, but I hardly think it's time to load up the truck with ammo and a bug out kit to head for the hills. Things will mellow out. It's not like people are dropping dead in the street.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

23. Likes devo_stevo, oldno7, accadacca, rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Just got back from the big grocery store up my street...busy as usual but no panic type stuff. Hit the store just before a big blizzard and then it's mayhem.

What happens in that case is this: eggs, milk, potatoes, avocados, sugar, flour, cheap meat, bananas and most of the rest of fruits and vegetables get scooped up. I walked 1/2 a mile to the store the day after a 2' snow storm and it looked like a bomb went off in there...within 24 hours it was stocked back up.

I don't see a mass panic happening at all...the hype is certainly having an effect on big crowd stuff, but I hardly think it's time to load up the truck with ammo and a bug out kit to head for the hills. Things will mellow out. It's not like people are dropping dead in the street.

That’s good there. I went to two different Smiths - ever checkout was open at both with at least 15 people in line for each with full carts. Sam’s Club was being picked over like a carcus by maggots after the big game animals and vultures had their fill, plus another local grocery store. All flour and sugar shelves completely empty. Bread shelves looking pretty skimpy.

25. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    LDS church has cancelled all church services until further notice.

27. Likes oldno7 liked this post

29. Likes oldno7, dougrz, twotimer liked this post
    That’s good there. I went to two different Smiths - ever checkout was open at both with at least 15 people in line for each with full carts. Sam’s Club was being picked over like a carcus by maggots after the big game animals and vultures had their fill, plus another local grocery store. All flour and sugar shelves completely empty. Bread shelves looking pretty skimpy.
    If you need to stock up, just hit the store at 6am this Sat or Sun...nobody will be there and they're going to re-fill the shelves quick.

If the distribution system shuts down, then we're in trouble. I don't think we'll get anywhere near that...I reckon those truck drivers will still go to work even though they're spewing snot all over their steering wheels. Lots of people will go to work sick...I do. It's those that work in restaurants that are the problem...like a Chipotle virus going large scale. Eating out may be the riskyist thing.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

31. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Plenty of salad still available at Walmart in Payson.

33. Likes accadacca, oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    If you need to stock up, just hit the store at 6am this Sat or Sun...nobody will be there and they're going to re-fill the shelves quick.

If the distribution system shuts down, then we're in trouble. I don't think we'll get anywhere near that...I reckon those truck drivers will still go to work even though they're spewing snot all over their steering wheels. Lots of people will go to work sick...I do. It's those that work in restaurants that are the problem...like a Chipotle virus going large scale. Eating out may be the riskyist thing.

Cashiers at Smiths said it had been crazy like that there all day since they opened. I’ll bet come Saturday morn, it’ll be worse than Black Friday.

I think food production is the big risk. Wait till someone at a meat packing plant, or food distribution center gets tested positive. Then production will shut down. If schools close, many parents don’t have alternative, especially young kids, parents will be taking off work. Add to that the mass hysteria about getting this thing, and more people won’t be going to work. Production of goods could come to a standstill.

35. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    Plenty of salad still available at Walmart in Payson.
    Oh no!...not those cheap ones that come pre-prepared in the plastic containers? Oh God, I'd rather starve.

Funny...I wonder what the slim pickin's would be after a real panic run. EggBeaters and pricey mustard?
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

37. Likes Sandstone Addiction, oldno7 liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum