Page 68 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 3289

Thread: Coronavirus

DAN CRENSHAW

Many of those laid off workers are involved in the oil and gas industry. They are still your fellow Americans, whether you like it or not.

Foreign oil is produced with poorer labor protections, higher emissions, and generally worse standards than American oil. We set the standard in clean oil production.

How do you think we will pay for education and healthcare in the country without oil and gas revenues? Many states rely on this revenue. Curious where you believe these funds will come from.

Energy independence is absolutely *crucial* from an economic and foreign policy standpoint. We need to protect ourselves from the volatility of the global markets, and never go back to the enormous price increases of the 1970’s that occur *without* energy independence.

https://climatecrisis.house.gov/news...ling-americans

Attachment 94478
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

2. Likes dougrz, oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    [ATTACH][/ATTACH]

This is wrong..Kinda.

Congress is not only getting paid--pelosi inserted a pay RAISE into the 2.2Trillion dollar covid-19 relief package.

So while Americans scrimp and save--congress gets bonus money, thanks to san fran nan.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

5. Likes BasinCruiser, blueeyes liked this post
    Overbearing out of control government policies are now taking a measurable direct affect on available healthcare right here at home. Tell me again how the government can provide healthcare to the population better than the free market. Bernie- when you say that single payer healthcare will save Americans $600B a year in administrative costs, is this how you come up with your estimates- by cutting back medical wither hours, furloughs, laying people off, and shutting down hospitals?

Name:  8F921BAC-EA17-4CFD-882E-76C66E2454A7.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  21.0 KB

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/04/...in-healthcare/

10 MILLION new jobless claims in the last 2 weeks. When are the people and government going to rethink this strategy of shutting everything down for months on end to ‘flatten the curve’? When are they going to realize the economic repercussions of these measures are coming a greater cost and sacrifice to society than this virus? Are people getting sick- yes. Are people dieing from this- yes. Are there hotspots in the country where hospitals are overwhelmed and don’t have equipment and resources to handle the number of critical cases- yes. But, are there large swaths of areas in the country where people are sitting in this country that are barely affected- yes. From information and data, do we have a good feel for people who are healthy and want to work and have a very low chance of getting seriously sick from this?

Is it time to stop using WWII methods of attacking an enemy on our own soil, and start using more targeted, pin point measures , so that we don’t completely decimate our economy and society into oblivion, and turn out country into third world conditions? Right now, they are essentially carpet bombing and nuke bombing our society from coast to coast trying to attach this invisible enemy that is hiding mostly in pockets here and there, attaching the already sick, elderly, and medically compromised. Why can’te we take a more targeted approach, isolate those at high risk, and let the rest of the community get back to work and life while still practicing safe measures like washing and personal distancing?

When fighting in the Middle East, people questioned why the military was protecting the poppi farms while at the same time we are having a opioid epidemic here at home, and we were told that we couldn’t threaten the livelihood of those people over there, that we were there to help and protect them from a common enemy. Why is it wrong to disturb or threaten the economy over on the Middle East while fighting against an enemy, but perfectly fine to do so here?

8. Likes Sandstone Addiction, dougrz, oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Heber City, UT

The food there is great too. I highly recommend it.

10 MILLION new jobless claims in the last 2 weeks. When are the people and government going to rethink this strategy of shutting everything down for months on end to ‘flatten the curve’? When are they going to realize the economic repercussions of these measures are coming a greater cost and sacrifice to society than this virus? Are people getting sick- yes. Are people dieing from this- yes. Are there hotspots in the country where hospitals are overwhelmed and don’t have equipment and resources to handle the number of critical cases- yes. But, are there large swaths of areas in the country where people are sitting in this country that are barely affected- yes. From information and data, do we have a good feel for people who are healthy and want to work and have a very low chance of getting seriously sick from this?

Is it time to stop using WWII methods of attacking an enemy on our own soil, and start using more targeted, pin point measures , so that we don’t completely decimate our economy and society into oblivion, and turn out country into third world conditions? Right now, they are essentially carpet bombing and nuke bombing our society from coast to coast trying to attach this invisible enemy that is hiding mostly in pockets here and there, attaching the already sick, elderly, and medically compromised. Why can’te we take a more targeted approach, isolate those at high risk, and let the rest of the community get back to work and life while still practicing safe measures like washing and personal distancing?

When fighting in the Middle East, people questioned why the military was protecting the poppi farms while at the same time we are having a opioid epidemic here at home, and we were told that we couldn’t threaten the livelihood of those people over there, that we were there to help and protect them from a common enemy. Why is it wrong to disturb or threaten the economy over on the Middle East while fighting against an enemy, but perfectly fine to do so here?
    Good questions, I hope someone has the answers--soon.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

12. Likes dougrz liked this post
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Overbearing out of control government policies are now taking a measurable direct affect on available healthcare right here at home. Tell me again how the government can provide healthcare to the population better than the free market. Bernie- when you say that single payer healthcare will save Americans $600B a year in administrative costs, is this how you come up with your estimates- by cutting back medical wither hours, furloughs, laying people off, and shutting down hospitals?

Name:  8F921BAC-EA17-4CFD-882E-76C66E2454A7.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  21.0 KB

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/04/...in-healthcare/
    The problem is that no one is going to the hospital unless it is a serious health concern or they suspect they have COVID. Our volume of testing has dropped by more than 1/2. No money coming in how are they supposed to pay people?

On another note...I am so happy to be at work this morning. Nice change of pace even if it is slow. I only work every other weekend at the hospital as of now. And for only about 3 hrs each morning. Before this I was here 5 hours each weekend morning sometime longer, and they would have happily worked me every weekend but I kind of felt like I needed at least 2 days off in a month. Pretty much have been doing that since they hired me a year ago. Because I don't know a lab out there that wasn't short staffed until this virus hit.

If you are not in a hotzone your are a ghost town. It is eerie.

We had 2 patients one has gone home. As a whole our company has about 180 hospitals in 20 states last week we had 1400 positive hospitalized patients. This week 2500.

We won't have in house testing until mid April. But Timpanagose does I don't know what platform and they are getting results back in 24 hours. Reference labs are still horribly backed up.

I know our leaders took a 30% paycut across the board and our CEO is donating all of his salary for the next 2 months to our HOPE fund. Which helps employees in need.

Also I personally am not for one size fits all healthcare. But something definitely needs to change with the current system. Too many flaws.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

14. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Heres the perspective of one New Yorker:

We Cannot Destroy The Country For The Sake Of New York City

I imagine there are some people who love New York City more than I do, but I do love it. I love it with fervor of the convert. A Philadelphian by birth, for 20 years I have now walked the storied steel canyons of the world’s current capital.
    There’s a reason the United Nations meets here, why artists and would-be stock barons alike come here. Now we are in the grip of the coronavirus, locked down. But our peril must not mean that the nation we represent must be destroyed.

I had occasion this week, as the virus ground us all to a stop, to talk to a friend in Indiana. I asked, “Is this the greatest crisis the country has ever faced?” We haven’t been invaded since 1812, I pointed out, and have never been occupied. Her reply, “What crisis?” She was in her backyard, her children playing. My life was at a bizarre standstill, death all around, hers was not. Yet all across the nation I don’t have time to think about lives are being destroyed, not by virus, but by an economic disaster unknown in a century.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/03...new-york-city/
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

16. Likes accadacca, blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    The problem is that no one is going to the hospital unless it is a serious health concern or they suspect they have COVID. Our volume of testing has dropped by more than 1/2. No money coming in how are they supposed to pay people?

On another note...I am so happy to be at work this morning. Nice change of pace even if it is slow. I only work every other weekend at the hospital as of now. And for only about 3 hrs each morning. Before this I was here 5 hours each weekend morning sometime longer, and they would have happily worked me every weekend but I kind of felt like I needed at least 2 days off in a month. Pretty much have been doing that since they hired me a year ago. Because I don't know a lab out there that wasn't short staffed until this virus hit.

If you are not in a hotzone your are a ghost town. It is eerie.

We had 2 patients one has gone home. As a whole our company has about 180 hospitals in 20 states last week we had 1400 positive hospitalized patients. This week 2500.

We won't have in house testing until mid April. But Timpanagose does I don't know what platform and they are getting results back in 24 hours. Reference labs are still horribly backed up.

I know our leaders took a 30% paycut across the board and our CEO is donating all of his salary for the next 2 months to our HOPE fund. Which helps employees in need.

Also I personally am not for one size fits all healthcare. But something definitely needs to change with the current system. Too many flaws.

Kinda curious, Chere'

How is your workload of tests that are not covid-19?

I'm guessing(you have facts) that your workload has drastically been reduced.

If by chance it has been reduced, what would be the cause?

If not reduced--I'll go back in my trailer house and quit getting outside my lane.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Not Chere but see below.

Carry on!

19. Likes blueeyes, oldno7 liked this post
    My neighbor is a nurse who works in same day surgery. He said they would typically do 60-80/ day and are currently at 15-20.

21. Likes blueeyes, oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Kinda curious, Chere'

How is your workload of tests that are not covid-19?

I'm guessing(you have facts) that your workload has drastically been reduced.

If by chance it has been reduced, what would be the cause?

If not reduced--I'll go back in my trailer house and quit getting outside my lane.
    Our work load of non COVID had been reduced by half. It is because every elective surgery has been canceled and no one is going to doctor's office unless they suspect they have the virus. We do a lot of outpatient testing and the volume is less than half.

My facts are I am sitting here twiddling my thumbs. And we get for example 11 boxes of chemistry tests. I don't know how may samples are in those boxes but the past week and half we are getting 5. That is just for chemistry.

Like I said. If you are a hospital in a hotzone you are slammed. Anywhere else it is a ghost town. This is good. It means social distancing is working.

I 100% believe if we had not started social distancing by end of April we would have seen enough cases to overwhelm more areas. Do I think there is a better way? Absolutely but you have to have the correct testing in place for that to happen and currently we don't.

Chere'

23. Likes accadacca, oldno7 liked this post
    Spoke with my friend who works at ARUP yesterday. I asked how it was going with all of the Covid testing. He was very depressed and his response revealed why. Apparently, some other company had moved into their facilities, and would be handling all of the Covid testing exclusively. That frees up all ARUP employees to do everything else... the problem is there is very little else to do. Since nobody is going to the doctor and avoiding hospitals, there aren't any samples to process. He's been at ARUP for over 10 years and now layoffs are imminent. Very bad news.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

25. Likes oldno7, accadacca, blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Spoke with my friend who works at ARUP yesterday. I asked how it was going with all of the Covid testing. He was very depressed and his response revealed why. Apparently, some other company had moved into their facilities, and would be handling all of the Covid testing exclusively. That frees up all ARUP employees to do everything else... the problem is there is very little else to do. Since nobody is going to the doctor and avoiding hospitals, there aren't any samples to process. He's been at ARUP for over 10 years and now layoffs are imminent. Very bad news.
    I wonder what company moved in...

Chere'

Interesting account of someone who is recovering from COVID.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1357907934

Obviously being on FB it could be fabricated but it fits the picture I have been reading over and over again and from other things I have heard.

Chere'

28. Likes Sandstone Addiction, Iceaxe, oldno7 liked this post

Chere'

Don’t need to wait 30 days. It’s already starting. Even before this crisis started, we had plenty of mentally ill and conspiracy folks like @Sombeech just itching for a crisis to occur so they can explode. Present evidence case #50:

Attachment 94468

https://abc7.com/officials-engineer-...AX1cOjko0HSNDw
    Watch for buses next

From the quoted link:
    He allegedly made statements to a CHP officer that included "You only get this chance once. The whole world is watching. I had to. People don't know what's going on here. Now they will."
    -end quote

The ships Mercy and Comfort are NOT for COVID patients. NOT. They are strategically placed in certain ports. Look at NYC, look at the pier it is stationed at. Look at the tunnel that emerges near it, and where that tunnel leads.

That is all for now.

Interesting account of someone who is recovering from COVID.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1357907934

Obviously being on FB it could be fabricated but it fits the picture I have been reading over and over again and from other things I have heard.

Sounded legit to me
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Watch for buses next

From the quoted link:
    He allegedly made statements to a CHP officer that included "You only get this chance once. The whole world is watching. I had to. People don't know what's going on here. Now they will."
    -end quote

The ships Mercy and Comfort are NOT for COVID patients. NOT. They are strategically placed in certain ports. Look at NYC, look at the pier it is stationed at. Look at the tunnel that emerges near it, and where that tunnel leads.

That is all for now.
    So, why hospital ships? Why couldn't victims of human trafficking be corralled in warehouses or other structures?

If the hospital ships were necessary for containing trafficking victims, then one could imply that the outbreak of Covid-19 was planned by the federal government all along.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum