Page 50 of 165 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3289

Thread: Coronavirus

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    From report

The state did not plan to increase its stockpile because it anticipated that in the event of a severe crisis, there would be shortage of trained staff to operate them and demand would outweigh any emergency stockpile. The report said the state had to balance the likely ventilator shortage with the need for adequate funding for current and ongoing health care expenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    No we are not ready to be back to work by Easter.

My gut says it took China 2 1/2 months to tamp the virus down by making everyone in the Hubei Province stay home.But Americans are impatient and won't stand to shelter in place for that long and the biggest share of them are not prepared to financially wait this out.

Obviously South Korea took the first SARS outbreak to heart and prepared. The US has been caught with their pants down. We need the correct testing to quarantine only those that are positive and anyone they have come in contact with.

There is no win win in this situation. There is no win lose...

I hope we learn from this and prepare for the next time. That is my gut feeling.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    You have much more education than me, could you point me to your source of this?

It seems that Easter is still 2 weeks away.

In my uneducated, non tv watching opinion, it would seem that all areas of the Country are not created equal

I don't know but is it possible certain areas of the Country go online before others?

ie. Escalante has much less risk than New York city.

So does Escalante need to remain quarantined until New York is fully recovered or maybe on the downhill side of the curve?

Could Escalante open by Easter with restrictions such as maintain social distancing, wash your hands frequently, etc?

Or do the "studies" just say Easter is not a possibility?
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Are these guys any good?

The United States was ranked the best-prepared country in the world to handle a pandemic in late 2019 by the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) and the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security (JHCHS)
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

This woman in NY city doesn't seem too concerned.

Kind of a stark opposition to the guy in Tyvek suite,

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

6. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    From report

The state did not plan to increase its stockpile because it anticipated that in the event of a severe crisis, there would be shortage of trained staff to operate them and demand would outweigh any emergency stockpile. The report said the state had to balance the likely ventilator shortage with the need for adequate funding for current and ongoing health care expenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Trump mis managing everthing:

Trump To Cruise Lines: If You Want American Coronavirus Relief, Try Being American Companies First

“They have thousands and thousands of people that work there, and almost maybe as importantly that work on shore filling these ships with goods and products,” the president said Thursday. “The cruise line business is very important.” …
    “I do like the concept of, perhaps, coming in and registering here. Coming into the United States,” Trump said at Thursday’s daily briefing on the coronavirus response. “It’s very tough to make a loan to a company when they’re based in a different country.”

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morri...mpanies-first/
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    You may not be old enough to remember this show, but I am...it was great. Jack Klugman was a really good actor. He was like a scientist, Einstein, genius superhero ladies man in that show.

It did however, eventually jump the shark. All the episodes were "reality" based until they ran out of ideas and had him chasing around a vampire or some shit.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

9. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    All part of a bigger plan that most people don't know about. False Flags, when something is going a certain way, it's just a mighty strange coincidence that the news narrative gets immediately changed to something like a mass shooting.

With everybody off the streets and no crowded places, no mass shootings can happen, the narrative can't be changed.

This is a work of genius that we will see unfold in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned and enjoy the show.

11. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    USNS Mercy (T-AH 19) pulling into the port of Los Angeles. Mercy deployed in support of the nation's COVID-19 response efforts and will serve as a referral hospital for non-COVID-19.

Little more about the largest hospital ship in the world.

What if these ships were loaded up with a certain kind of "sick people" and then kindly transported them over to Guantanamo Bay?

Just what if.

Remember all of those sealed indictments that have been building up, how people have been asking "Why is nobody getting arrested?". Well think about the timing. People can't leave the country easily, if you're insanely rich and you can't fly out, and you're on the coast, what's your next escape plan? Water.

What can't happen right now if arrests start going down? Protests, mobs, riots, mass shootings, escape out of the country, ability to focus media on arrests because COVID is dominating the media.

What would be a great way to transport thousands of people to GITMO? Jet, or by large ship?

This could all be pie in the sky crazy talk, but regardless we must admit what the conditions are right now, and the things that can't happen like mass shootings. These arrests could be happening RIGHT NOW and COVID is dominating the media. It would be perfect timing.

Alright I'm done with this tin foil for a bit if anybody needs some.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Kurt,

Scott asked what our gut feeling was telling us. So I answered what my gut tells me.

The big discussion now is are we going to be ready to ease restrictions and get back to work by Easter? Everybody is bitching and moaning about it and I think it’s too far out to decide at this point, but what does your gut tell you? Do you have any data to back this up? Maybe portions of the country will open up?

Why does my gut tell me this, because I work in the lab and I know what the testing capacity is and until we can test people and only isolate those that currently have the infection and do contact tracing to isolate people they come in contact with we are best to keep this social distancing going. When will the labs be up to speed with testing? Realistically, probably not until late April. Why, you ask? These tests that are newly developed have to be manufactured, shipped, and validated before we can start implementing testing on anyone and everyone. The test my hospital is bringing in house is not available to order until March 31st. The newest test Abbott announced yesterday won’t be available until Mid April. And then it only does us good if we can keep ordering and receiving the tests. Trust me I wish it would go faster than this and by letting these companies develop these tests without jumping through all the normal hoops was huge! And it gives us the best chance to start getting people back to work. But it doesn’t happen overnight and that is what I base my GUT feeling on.

Last weekend when I was at work we ran out of our Biofire respiratory panels. We had ordered double what we normally order and that order usually lasts several weeks. So it is not far fetched to worry that once we start in house testing for COVID we might have periods where the available tests run out before we can get more. This goes for all the tests available in the country.

I don't know but is it possible certain areas of the Country go online before others?
    Absolutely they could go back online before other areas, but not until adequate testing is in place.

Or do the "studies" just say Easter is not a possibility?
    I don’t have any studies to show you just the pleas of healthcare workers currently overwhelmed. I have already posted 3. Two from doctors and one from and ICU nurse.

And yet the US is ranked #1 on the GHX index for being prepared with a score of 83.5

South Korea is 9th with a score of 70.2

Twice you stated it was your gut feeling.

Heres real world statistics.

You can click on any country for the ranking

It would appear the Us wasn't caught with it's pants down

But I'm probably reading it wrong--

https://www.ghsindex.org/#l-section--map
    Yes I see we scored the highest out of 195 countries, but what exactly is this score used for Kurt? It is a metric designed to identify GAPS in a country's ability to respond to a global threat. I was unaware of this index until this morning so I had to go educate myself because like you I don’t rely on network news. I do research.

For others who are unfamiliar with the GHS index I suggest the video below, it does a great job of explaining what this index is.

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXSxOfIfvig [/VIDEO]

Interesting that around 6 minutes into the video Ernie Moniz says

No country high, middle, low income is fully prepared, in fact most countries have major gaps across all 6 categories in the index

At around 8 minutes in he says

The health system category was the lowest scoring category in the index, with an average of 26.2% out of 100. And I also note, in a more parochial note for healthcare access the United States was well below average

And right now it is in this arena that our pants are caught down Kurt. This index is great. It is a metric thoroughly vetted to show governments around the world where they lack preparedness for a pandemic or other similar type of disaster. Like I said, I hope after this is all said and done, I hope we learn gobs from what was done right and what we could have done better.

I haven't read whatever article you refer to, I did read an abundance of NY's Ventilator Allocation guidelines.
    In my reply to you I posted that article so you could go read it. But Here you are again.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-didnt-have-to-have-ventilator-shortage-leaders-chose-not-to-prep-for-pandemic/

You keep throwing this quote up again and again Kurt. And I am not exactly sure what your purpose is in doing this.

From report

I didn’t dispute this I posted exactly what it said on page 31 instead of summarized quote

From page 31

The State’s current approach to stockpiling a limited number of ventilators balances the need to prepare for a potential pandemic against the need to maintain adequate funding for current and ongoing health care expenses. Furthermore, severe staffing shortages are anticipated, and purchasing additional ventilators beyond a threshold will not save additional lives, because there will not be a sufficient number of trained staff to operate them. In the event of an overwhelming burden on the health care system, New York will not have sufficient ventilators to meet critical care needs despite its emergency stockpile. If the most severe forecast becomes a reality, New York State and the rest of the country will need to allocate ventilators and other scarce resources.

What I asked is where did the report ever say NY should buy 15000 ventilators?

Quote from Trump

“This says, ‘New York Governor Cuomo rejected buying recommended 16,000 ventilators in 2015 … for a pandemic,'” Trump said, reading from a printout of the article. “‘…established death panels and lotteries instead.’ So, he had a chance to buy in 2015, 16,000 ventilators at a very low price and he turned it down. I’m not blaming him or anything else, but he shouldn’t be talking about us.”
    I maintain that Trump's info on the “death panels” and quote for cheap ventilators comes from Mccaughey’s article. Unless you can prove otherwise.. Don’t give me your line of crap about there is only one person that will ever know that.

This is from the article and it is what Trump paraphrased

In 2015, that task force came up with rules that will be imposed when ventilators run short. *Patients assigned a red code will have highest access, and other *patients will be assigned green, yellow or blue (the worst), *depending on a “triage officer’s” decision.
    In truth, a death officer. Let’s not sugar-coat it. It won’t be up to your own doctor.
    In 2015, the state could have purchased the additional 16,000 needed ventilators for $36,000 apiece, or a total of $576 million. It’s a lot of money, but in hindsight, spending half a percent of the budget to prepare for pandemic was the right thing to do.

As for Cuomo and his need for ventilators…. Apparently there are 4000 in some wearhouse in NJ. If that is the truth Cuomo was definitely out of line.

As for 5 policies I don’t agree with.

The Wall
    The way he dealt with families at the border
    And pretty much any of his policies that have to do with the environment.

You and I will never agree on Trump. I am not even going to try and find common ground there.

Chere'

15. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    This is a work of genius that we will see unfold in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned and enjoy the show.
    Ok need more info here. Can’t leave us on a cliffhanger...

17. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    What if these ships were loaded up with a certain kind of "sick people" and then kindly transported them over to Guantanamo Bay?

Just what if.

Remember all of those sealed indictments that have been building up, how people have been asking "Why is nobody getting arrested?". Well think about the timing. People can't leave the country easily, if you're insanely rich and you can't fly out, and you're on the coast, what's your next escape plan? Water.

What can't happen right now if arrests start going down? Protests, mobs, riots, mass shootings, escape out of the country, ability to focus media on arrests because COVID is dominating the media.

What would be a great way to transport thousands of people to GITMO? Jet, or by large ship?

This could all be pie in the sky crazy talk, but regardless we must admit what the conditions are right now, and the things that can't happen like mass shootings. These arrests could be happening RIGHT NOW and COVID is dominating the media. It would be perfect timing.

Alright I'm done with this tin foil for a bit if anybody needs some.
    Maybe I haven't been paying attention to conspiracy stuff, but I haven't the slightest idea what the heck this is...who the hell would want to go there? Sounds pretty heavy, though.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Coronavirus

I’m getting tired of these updates. Would it be that hard to include total hospitalizations and recoveries? It would make this data quite a bit more useful.

——

The Utah Department of Health announced Saturday that 602 people have now tested positive for COVID-19 in the state, up 122 cases from Friday's 480.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46735801...epartment-says

20. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    I’m getting tired of these updates. Would it be that hard to include total hospitalizations and recoveries? It would make this data quite a bit more useful.

——

The Utah Department of Health announced Saturday that 602 people have now tested positive for COVID-19 in the state, up 122 cases from Friday's 480.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46735801...epartment-says
    So roughly 5.3% of those tested have it and 0.2% have died. I realize we’ve got a long way to go, but dang I hope we can keep it up. If we knew how many were in critical condition...boy that would be helpful!!!

From report

Kurt,

Scott asked what our gut feeling was telling us. So I answered what my gut tells me.

Why does my gut tell me this, because I work in the lab and I know what the testing capacity is and until we can test people and only isolate those that currently have the infection and do contact tracing to isolate people they come in contact with we are best to keep this social distancing going. When will the labs be up to speed with testing? Realistically, probably not until late April. Why, you ask? These tests that are newly developed have to be manufactured, shipped, and validated before we can start implementing testing on anyone and everyone. The test my hospital is bringing in house is not available to order until March 31st. The newest test Abbott announced yesterday won’t be available until Mid April. And then it only does us good if we can keep ordering and receiving the tests. Trust me I wish it would go faster than this and by letting these companies develop these tests without jumping through all the normal hoops was huge! And it gives us the best chance to start getting people back to work. But it doesn’t happen overnight and that is what I base my GUT feeling on.

Last weekend when I was at work we ran out of our Biofire respiratory panels. We had ordered double what we normally order and that order usually lasts several weeks. So it is not far fetched to worry that once we start in house testing for COVID we might have periods where the available tests run out before we can get more. This goes for all the tests available in the country.

Absolutely they could go back online before other areas, but not until adequate testing is in place.

I don’t have any studies to show you just the pleas of healthcare workers currently overwhelmed. I have already posted 3. Two from doctors and one from and ICU nurse.

Yes I see we scored the highest out of 195 countries, but what exactly is this score used for Kurt? It is a metric designed to identify GAPS in a country's ability to respond to a global threat. I was unaware of this index until this morning so I had to go educate myself because like you I don’t rely on network news. I do research.

For others who are unfamiliar with the GHS index I suggest the video below, it does a great job of explaining what this index is.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXSxOfIfvig [/VIDEO]

Interesting that around 6 minutes into the video Ernie Moniz says

At around 8 minutes in he says

And right now it is in this arena that our pants are caught down Kurt. This index is great. It is a metric thoroughly vetted to show governments around the world where they lack preparedness for a pandemic or other similar type of disaster. Like I said, I hope after this is all said and done, I hope we learn gobs from what was done right and what we could have done better.

In my reply to you I posted that article so you could go read it. But Here you are again.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-didnt-have-to-have-ventilator-shortage-leaders-chose-not-to-prep-for-pandemic/

You keep throwing this quote up again and again Kurt. And I am not exactly sure what your purpose is in doing this.

I didn’t dispute this I posted exactly what it said on page 31 instead of summarized quote

From page 31

What I asked is where did the report ever say NY should buy 15000 ventilators?

Quote from Trump

I maintain that Trump's info on the “death panels” and quote for cheap ventilators comes from Mccaughey’s article. Unless you can prove otherwise.. Don’t give me your line of crap about there is only one person that will ever know that.

This is from the article and it is what Trump paraphrased

As for Cuomo and his need for ventilators…. Apparently there are 4000 in some wearhouse in NJ. If that is the truth Cuomo was definitely out of line.

As for 5 policies I don’t agree with.

The Wall
    The way he dealt with families at the border
    And pretty much any of his policies that have to do with the environment.

You and I will never agree on Trump. I am not even going to try and find common ground there.

The only line of crap is what you've reposted from cnn and msnbc.(thats where your "gut" feeling comes from.)

You need to step away from your tv, we're going to survive this far better than those prognosticators of doom claim for no other reason than to undermine the best President our economy has ever had

And an attempt to destroy his next election chances.

So you have listed 2 policies of Trumps you don't like:

The wall--So I'll only put it in the context of this current crisis.

Since we are proven to be the most prepared country in the world for a pandemic, folks coming from outside are Country only clog up

medical facilities that would be better at serving actual US citizens. Having a means to strictly regulate their entry would seem overly prudent.

Families at the border:

Theres hundreds of articles out there the underlying commonality is families were separated from children under both administrations, the nauseous infusion of-he was worse---no he was worse is of no logic.

They both did it! Justify one--claim the other was worse, they were doing the same thing--stemming the flow of "illegal immigrants/aliens", seems like sound policy for a Country battling a pandemic.

The only thing that has changed since Clinton and obama is--orange man bad--thats it.

Simple logic says no country can exist without a border.

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I was speaking with a neighbor/ professor of public health who's training is in epidemiology. He told me this is not "apocalyptic," but that the worst is still to come. Yippee....
    Life is Good

26. Likes accadacca, blueeyes liked this post
    Kurt,

Heres your reply--do you stand by that analysis?

Haven't heard anyone say anything about getting going without proper testing in place.

Still rate South Korea ahead of the US in pandemic readiness?

Us caught with pants down?

We seem to agree that no Nation can be completely prepared for a pandemic.

So since you chastised the United States--what should we have been more prepared for when an unknown covid pandemic strikes?

And equally as non meritorious, what did Donald Trump do wrong to prepare for an unknown covid virus?

"No we are not ready to be back to work by Easter.

My gut says it took China 2 1/2 months to tamp the virus down by making everyone in the Hubei Province stay home.But Americans are impatient and won't stand to shelter in place for that long and the biggest share of them are not prepared to financially wait this out.

Obviously South Korea took the first SARS outbreak to heart and prepared. The US has been caught with their pants down. We need the correct testing to quarantine only those that are positive and anyone they have come in contact with.

There is no win win in this situation. There is no win lose...

I hope we learn from this and prepare for the next time. That is my gut feeling."
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Trump sees USNS Comfort off as it departs for New York

President Trump on Saturday saw the USNS Comfort off as it departed Naval Station Norfolk in Virginia for New York City, where it will serve as an emergency hospital for the city's coronavirus patients.

"Our country is at war with an invisible enemy," Trump said, referring to COVID-19. "We are marshaling the full power of the American nation ... to vanquish the virus, and we will do that."

Trump also referred to the ship as a "70,000-ton message of hope and solidarity to the incredible people of New York."

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...s-for-new-york
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

30. Likes accadacca liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum