Page 98 of 165 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 3289

Thread: Coronavirus

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    One word... Trump.

You don't hear anyone saying that Rocky Mountain Fever or West Nile Virus or any of the other diseases that are named for their place of origin are racist because of the name. It was never a problem until Donald Trump called it the Wuhan Virus. Even the press, who now call it racist, called it that in the beginning. I don't even think that Trump made the name up. He most likely picked it up from someone else, and ran with it because it's common to name diseases that way. It's just a big, political joke. Sad, really.
    the world health organization started to push this change in 2015 (before trump) and warned media and scientists to do so. it’s not just peoples and places of origin but also economic sectors (e.g., swine flu and mad cow) that bear the negative consequences.

4. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    the world health organization started to push this change in 2015 (before trump) and warned media and scientists to do so. it’s not just peoples and places of origin but also economic sectors (e.g., swine flu and mad cow) that bear the negative consequences.
    Fair enough. I was not aware of that. The problem is that nobody else was either until Trump started saying it (at the same time as the media).

That said, I get the reasoning behind the change in naming practices. Some of the things that I've seen people do to and say about Chinese people over this are reprehensible and shouldn't be tolerated. If naming it something different helps with that, that's fine.

Thanks for the clarification Stefan. I appreciate that you stick around here. You seem like a stand up guy. This place needs some balance and you and others that have been here and are now gone bring that.

6. Likes stefan, accadacca, blueeyes liked this post
    Trump pushes buttons on purpose. There is a photo of his notes with CoronaVirus crossed out and CHINESE written in.

Trump called it the Chinese virus because we will find out in the coming months, that this virus was manufactured by China, with help from other bad actors.

This virus couldn't have crossed over from animal to human without modifications, which have been detected now.

The truth will come out this spring and summer. Don't wait for it to be told on CNN though. Fox, maybe, but lately the real unfiltered truth is coming from independent journalists.

Mainstream Media used Covid-19 to create a mass hysteria pandemic which caused the 2020 economy to crash because they couldn't impeach Trump...

In the end this economic crash will take more lives then Covid-19... change my mind...

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Mainstream Media used Covid-19 to create a mass hysteria pandemic which caused the 2020 economy to crash because they couldn't impeach Trump...

In the end this economic crash will take more lives then Covid-19... change my mind...

And the entire rest of the world joined in to crash the US economy and their economies just because the orange bad man couldn't be impeached.

This is me rolling my eyes ice.

But no worries I have no desire to change your mind.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

10. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Roll your eyes all you like... but the poverty that results from all this is going to be devastating... the cure was worse then the disease.

Roll your eyes all you like... but the poverty that results from all this is going to be devastating... the cure was worse then the disease.
    There is no doubt in my beliefs that shutting the economy down will cause more problems. But saying the media invented/exploited this because Trump wasn't impeached.

That was a ridiculous statement. That is what I am rolling my eyes at.

Chere'

China brought us to our knees, and then Russia and OPEC kicked us in the teeth while we were down. They don't give a shit about the "rest of the world"...or the people in their own countries, for that matter. This was a direct attack on the USA without bombs or bullets. It was purely strategic. The timing couldn't have been better.

In regards to the oil, Ronald Reagan did the same thing to the Soviet Union in the late 80s...he flooded the market and not just destroyed their economy but lobbed their heads right off...that, along with John Paul ll cruising around Eastern Europe working his magic. Perfect timing.

The Chinese have no chance against us militarily, everything they have is junk. If we were to start shooting, their entire navy (what there is of it) would be on the bottom of the ocean within a half hour. Their Air Force is a joke and 100 million Chinese soldiers screaming at the air waving their rifles aren't going to do a damn thing when there's nothing to shoot at.

Although the Communists appear to have a firm grip on power, they know that at the flip of a switch the people could turn on them and they'd be toast. Hong Kong made them really nervous...especially when they realized they couldn't roll their army in there, kick ass and take control. It 'aint 1989 anymore, that's for damn sure...the people won't put up with that bullshit again, and they know it.

The Russians and OPEC saw and opportunity to take out the US shale industry, and they took it.

So did this virus escape that lab accidentally or on purpose? I'd say anyone with reasonable intelligence would put it at 50/50 until some proof one way or the other comes out. But the Chinese sure seem like they've got something to hide, now don't they? Personally, I put it at 80/20 that it was deliberate. I think anyone with butterflies and daisy's floating around their heads willing to give the Chinese the "benefit of the doubt" is a fool. This isn't, and wasn't designed to destroy the United States...these were big moves to level the playing field right when they needed it to happen.

So what happens in response? Are US businessmen going to pack up and move their operations to Vietnam or Indonesia...some other place with cheap labor? It depends on how deep the corruption goes. Money talks. There's no way to know right now...we'll have to wait to see how it shakes out.

I firmly believe our economy will bounce back nicely. The unemployment was so low that the only people not working didn't want to work...and in regards to those businesses that go under, I reckon they were probably operating right along the edge of failure anyway. This whole thing may actually be like a cleansing...kinda like shaking out the loose teeth. Any business that's worth it's salt will be sold and people will be rehired to work it...probably in most cases the people that were working there anyway. "Under New Ownership".

I think the oil industry will take a while to get ramped up again. They just took a heavy hit. We've got to get back to work and suck up all that surplus. All that equipment, all that machinery, all those claims....they aren't just going to turn to dust. Remember we were selling oil before this happened...and it's going to be 30 years before we're all tooling around in electric cars. Oil will come back.

I've always regarded the Realpolitik as a bunch of people sitting around a poker table waving guns around their heads while making side deals under the table. Looks like things got a bit ugly. Like Kurt Russell in the movie Tombstone...he didn't pull the trigger on that shotgun he had under the table, but imagine if he did.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

14. Likes BasinCruiser, oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    There is no doubt in my beliefs that shutting the economy down will cause more problems. But saying the media invented this because Trump wasn't impeached.

I never said the media invented this... I said the media used the opportunity to scare the shit out of everyone to accomplish their goal... that's a big difference.

The media never misses the opportunity to exploit a tragedy to forward their agenda...

Twotimer gets it.... the US had won the trade war with China. Trump had devastated their economy and China was about to become his bitch... and suddenly the Chinese Virus magically appears and completely resets the game board.

And mainstream media buys into everything the Chinese are selling for the simple reason they would rather destroy the US then live with Trump as President.

I never said the media invented this... I said the media used the opportunity to scare the shit out of everyone to accomplish their goal... that's a big difference.

The media never misses the opportunity to exploit a tragedy to forward their agenda...
    There is no doubt in my beliefs that shutting the economy down will cause more problems. But saying the media invented/exploited this because Trump wasn't impeached.

There I fixed my statement.

I do think the media hypes the hell out of everything they report. But again saying they did this because Trump wasn't impeached is ludicrous.

Chere'

Twotimer gets it.... the US had won the trade war with China. Trump had devastated their economy and China was about to become his bitch... and suddenly the Chinese Virus magically appears and completely resets the game board.

And mainstream media buys into everything the Chinese are selling for the simple reason they would rather destroy the US then live with Trump as President.
    Yeah, no kidding...what's not to get? There are men out there that would slaughter millions without a second thought. And for those that think things like that are "in the past"...think again.

Butterflies and daisy's, man. "Why can't we all just get along"?

"What the world needs now, is love, sweet love
    It's the only thing, that there's just too little of"

"All we are saying, is give peace a chance"

Back in 1968 Bill Anders took a famous picture as they orbited the moon...it was our planet, hanging there in space. "Earthrise" is the name of the shot. It was the first time humans had seen an image of our home like that. President Johnson sent copies of it to all the leaders of the world...more or less saying "Hey guys, we've got to take it easy here". Too bad it didn't work.

I know that sounds terribly pessimistic, especially since I'm truly an optimistic guy...but reality simply can't be ignored.

EDIT: I take that back..."reality" is quite fluid now, isn't it?
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

19. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Back in 1968 Bill Anders took a famous picture as they orbited the moon...it was our planet, hanging there in space. "Earthrise" is the name of the shot.
    Interesting story about that picture. It was rotated 90 degrees from the photo that Anders actually took.

From Anders viewpoint when he took the picture the moon was on the right as the CM completed its orbit of the moon and earth was on the left.

But since there is really no up or down in space and the rotated picture was more captivating the rotated picture became the famous version.

21. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post

There I fixed my statement.

I do think the media hypes the hell out of everything they report. But again saying they did this because Trump wasn't impeached is ludicrous.

Don't believe me? Shut the media down for 30 days and watch how fast we get back to work.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    China brought us to our knees, and then Russia and OPEC kicked us in the teeth while we were down. They don't give a shit about the "rest of the world"...or the people in their own countries, for that matter. This was a direct attack on the USA without bombs or bullets. It was purely strategic. The timing couldn't have been better.

In regards to the oil, Ronald Reagan did the same thing to the Soviet Union in the late 80s...he flooded the market and not just destroyed their economy but lobbed their heads right off...that, along with John Paul ll cruising around Eastern Europe working his magic. Perfect timing.

The Chinese have no chance against us militarily, everything they have is junk. If we were to start shooting, their entire navy (what there is of it) would be on the bottom of the ocean within a half hour. Their Air Force is a joke and 100 million Chinese soldiers screaming at the air waving their rifles aren't going to do a damn thing when there's nothing to shoot at.

Although the Communists appear to have a firm grip on power, they know that at the flip of a switch the people could turn on them and they'd be toast. Hong Kong made them really nervous...especially when they realized they couldn't roll their army in there, kick ass and take control. It 'aint 1989 anymore, that's for damn sure...the people won't put up with that bullshit again, and they know it.

The Russians and OPEC saw and opportunity to take out the US shale industry, and they took it.

So did this virus escape that lab accidentally or on purpose? I'd say anyone with reasonable intelligence would put it at 50/50 until some proof one way or the other comes out. But the Chinese sure seem like they've got something to hide, now don't they? Personally, I put it at 80/20 that it was deliberate. I think anyone with butterflies and daisy's floating around their heads willing to give the Chinese the "benefit of the doubt" is a fool. This isn't, and wasn't designed to destroy the United States...these were big moves to level the playing field right when they needed it to happen.

So what happens in response? Are US businessmen going to pack up and move their operations to Vietnam or Indonesia...some other place with cheap labor? It depends on how deep the corruption goes. Money talks. There's no way to know right now...we'll have to wait to see how it shakes out.

I firmly believe our economy will bounce back nicely. The unemployment was so low that the only people not working didn't want to work...and in regards to those businesses that go under, I reckon they were probably operating right along the edge of failure anyway. This whole thing may actually be like a cleansing...kinda like shaking out the loose teeth. Any business that's worth it's salt will be sold and people will be rehired to work it...probably in most cases the people that were working there anyway. "Under New Ownership".

I think the oil industry will take a while to get ramped up again. They just took a heavy hit. We've got to get back to work and suck up all that surplus. All that equipment, all that machinery, all those claims....they aren't just going to turn to dust. Remember we were selling oil before this happened...and it's going to be 30 years before we're all tooling around in electric cars. Oil will come back.

I've always regarded the Realpolitik as a bunch of people sitting around a poker table waving guns around their heads while making side deals under the table. Looks like things got a bit ugly. Like Kurt Russell in the movie Tombstone...he didn't pull the trigger on that shotgun he had under the table, but imagine if he did.
    Incredibly well thought out and written
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Don't believe me? Shut the media down for 30 days and watch how fast we get back to work.
    The media is undoubtedly in bed with the dnc, anyone watching/paying attention would be intellectually challenged to think otherwise.

The bushes/clintons/obamas, created the one world mess, to a "T", they have all capitalized on this vision.

There is only one threat to the one world vision and he sits in the oval office.

This is not about Trump becoming all powerful and a dictator, as the dnc/media wants all to believe.

This is about the aforementioned and all the global leaders losing their power and full flow of US dollars.

The US bankrolls most every nation in the world, those who set up the bankrolls get continuous kickbacks.

There is one person on the world stage who can't be purchased and he is a threat to all those who have benefited from past globalization efforts.

paraphrasing hillary a few years ago---we have to beat him or we'll all hang...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    The media is undoubtedly in bed with the dnc, anyone watching/paying attention would be intellectually challenged to think otherwise.
    At the end of February Trump's reelection was a slam dunk, but this pandemic has upended everything. The 2020 election is no longer between Trump and Biden, it is now a referendum on how well Trump manages the pandemic. So it's now in the interest of the DNC, and by association the media, to use the pandemic to create as much destruction and chaos as possible as it benefits them heading into the 2020 election. And they don't really give a shit about the lives destroyed in the process...

26. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    I have to say I'm a little disappointed in this Coronavirus. I was under the impression the women were all going to dress like this for the next pandemic to cause the world's destruction...

This quarantine sucks for everyone in the work force, but it especially sucks for men. We're losing $1 for every $.79 women are losing.

It's true, don't shoot the messenger.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum