Page 110 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 3289

Thread: Coronavirus

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    One of the reports that I find very interesting is the suspected lack of transmission from yound children to adults. Do you know of any further information or details, theories, debunking on that front?

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/coronavirus-children-adults-pass-symptoms-kids-transmit-schools-a9494286.html
    No I don't. What I do know is this.

Virus is new and info about this virus changes constantly.

A transmissible virus is just that no matter who you are, young, old, in between. If you are in close contact with someone who has it you "can" get it.
    I think kids tend to spread it less and are generally not as severely affected by this virus except the exceptions. And that is just it there are some interesting exceptions by that I mean this virus doesn't play by the rule book.

I just find it funny that adults will protect themselves in public, but not the kids they live with that go around touching everything. I am still a firm believer that this is spread more through fomites than breathing in a random stranger's air droplets. I am not saying that can't happen just significantly less likely. Unless you share close space for long periods of time like living with someone.

I find the parents lack of consistency funny. Either take your mask off. Or don't bring the kids shopping..or teach them to wear the mask and keep their hands to themselves if you are worried enough to wear a mask yourself.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

2. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    kinda just like the global warming debacle..

I think those two docs have biases. I listen to another doc that i feel has a pretty good head on his shoulders he gave some good points on why those two are full of crap.

He did 2 videos on this subject give him a listen see what you think?

https://youtu.be/Ge5DUDkELIQ

https://youtu.be/qlBcg0MSy7g

I like ZDoggMD I have subscribed to his channel for a while.

My favorite is his lab parody video.

https://youtu.be/KqaVacVpbQk

Chere'

5. Likes stefan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    I just find it funny that adults will protect themselves in public, but not the kids they live with that go around touching everything. I am still a firm believer that this is spread more through fomites than breathing in a random stranger's air droplets. I am not saying that can't happen just significantly less likely. Unless you share close space for long periods of time like living with someone.

I find the parents lack of consistency funny. Either take your mask off. Or don't bring the kids shopping..or teach them to wear the mask and keep their hands to themselves if you are worried enough to wear a mask yourself.

Yep. Reminds me of the picture of the woman at the store with her face mask on, standing next to a cart with her child sitting in it, biting on the push handle.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

7. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    I think those two docs have biases. I listen to another doc that i feel has a pretty good head on his shoulders he gave some good points on why those two are full of crap.

He did 2 videos on this subject give him a listen see what you think?

https://youtu.be/Ge5DUDkELIQ

https://youtu.be/qlBcg0MSy7g

I like ZDoggMD I have subscribed to his channel for a while.

My favorite is his lab parody video.

https://youtu.be/KqaVacVpbQk

Yeah, good ol' Z Dogg!

You might like this vid too Chere:

https://youtu.be/jrMAltUvXog

There's another YouTube Doctor - "Doctor Mike" - calling these two (Dan Erickson and Artin Massihi) out...

Takeway: YouTube took it down because it had a lot of misinformation; AAEM and ACEP condemn their opinions and say that they are "inconsistent with current science and epidemiology" citing they they are owners of local urgent care facilities who are looking out for their financial interests and not the public health.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

9. Likes stefan, rockgremlin, blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Yeah, good ol' Z Dogg!

You might like this vid too Chere:

https://youtu.be/jrMAltUvXog

There's another YouTube Doctor - "Doctor Mike" - calling these two (Dan Erickson and Artin Massihi) out...

Takeway: YouTube took it down because it had a lot of misinformation; AAEM and ACEP condemn their opinions and say that they are "inconsistent with current science and epidemiology" citing they they are owners of local urgent care facilities who are looking out for their financial interests and not the public health.
    Yeah I like Doctor Mike too. I stumbled on to his channel a couple weeks back.

Love what he says at the end... these two docs are not the only ones to spread bad information so are the politicians and the media.

Chere'

11. Likes jman liked this post

Litigation

The GOP is trying address this issue and concern that employers have. Doubt it will get through the Dems, though.

Name:  16E43AA4-140E-46F6-9BAE-4C85CD6097CD.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  20.8 KB

https://thehill.com/regulation/49616...lNBpj5M_3aYfzo

14. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Well......I was feeling relatively safe and secure (without quarantining!) down here in St. George. Nothing much had really changed other than most restaurants offered take out/curb side. My friends and family were still going to work daily even though some of their jobs are not considered "essential". Lots less traffic on the road most definitely. But, as of last Thursday, it's like the flood gates have opened with an influx of "outsiders" flocking here. We have been warned that a whole new wave of infections will be striking our area. Since this is a retirement area for the large part, there will be a lot of illness and death if this is true. I'm really getting sick and tired of the doom and gloom reports! Now, the neighbors have decided to block off the entrance to our community and shoot any outsiders who try and breach the barricades!

Happy Cinco De Mayo y'all! Going to make up a batch of margaritas and watch the action!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

16. Likes accadacca, oldno7, BasinCruiser, blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313 View Post
    I'm really getting sick and tired of the doom and gloom reports!

I AM TOO!!!!

I don't understand it --- why do people just WANT a devastating economic crash? Another Great Depression? Why are folks reveling in something that will irreparably destroy people's lives and livelihoods? Why are there so many cheerleaders for the utter ruin of our society and life as we know it? For what?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313 View Post
    Well......I was feeling relatively safe and secure (without quarantining!) down here in St. George. Nothing much had really changed other than most restaurants offered take out/curb side. My friends and family were still going to work daily even though some of their jobs are not considered "essential". Lots less traffic on the road most definitely. But, as of last Thursday, it's like the flood gates have opened with an influx of "outsiders" flocking here. We have been warned that a whole new wave of infections will be striking our area. Since this is a retirement area for the large part, there will be a lot of illness and death if this is true. I'm really getting sick and tired of the doom and gloom reports! Now, the neighbors have decided to block off the entrance to our community and shoot any outsiders who try and breach the barricades!

Happy Cinco De Mayo y'all! Going to make up a batch of margaritas and watch the action!

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

19. Likes savanna3313 liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

21. Likes savanna3313 liked this post
    Stay out of the grey hairs hood

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

23. Likes savanna3313 liked this post
    Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Stay out of the grey hairs hood

Never regret anything that made you smile!

I think Utah is either color blind or deaf. The Governor said we went from "Red" to "Orange" on this whole quarantine thing. I think we all heard "green" or saw "green" because I just went on an errand from Provo to American Fork and passed at least 5 major stores and 3 greenhouses. ALL of the parking lots are completely packed. Traffic in Utah County at 5 p.m. was almost back to the usual 5 o'clock nasty rush level.
    Life is Good

26. Likes blueeyes liked this post

Chere'

28. Likes accadacca, stefan, twotimer liked this post
    .../\/\/\...Now that's friggin' funny!
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

30. Likes stefan, blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    I think Utah is either color blind or deaf. The Governor said we went from "Red" to "Orange" on this whole quarantine thing. I think we all heard "green" or saw "green" because I just went on an errand from Provo to American Fork and passed at least 5 major stores and 3 greenhouses. ALL of the parking lots are completely packed. Traffic in Utah County at 5 p.m. was almost back to the usual 5 o'clock nasty rush level.
    Same thing here in Denver. The traffic has been growing in the last week and although I've been working, I haven't been on a freeway in a while. Listening to the traffic on the radio this morning it appears to be getting pretty thick.

People are still sleeping in, though. But no doubt, folks are done with hangin' around the house. Strange...all the restaurants and most stores are still closed so I can't figure where the heck everyone is going? Tomorrow everyone in Denver is required to wear a mask until the end of May. I think they're a day late and a dollar short on this.

I just finished a long bike ride along the Cherry Creek trail. Lots of people out and most of those I saw weren't wearing a mask...just a week ago damn near everyone was. Also, I went to the grocery store yesterday and Target as well and there were more people than ever not wearing them. And a bunch that had them on were half assed...with the nose showing or pulled down to their necks altogether.

Looks to me like folks are getting over this whole thing now. I'm actually happy to see it...people living without fear.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Why do some people WANT HIGHER COVID NUMBERS? Think about it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22G295

Name:  9AA2097A-C28C-4E0F-8A33-159B58DF4B55.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  19.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Why do some people WANT HIGHER COVID NUMBERS? Think about it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22G295

Curious...why do you think because of this article someone WANTS higher COVID numbers?

Chere'

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum