Page 109 of 165 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 3289

Thread: Coronavirus

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. Likes twotimer, BasinCruiser liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

6. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

8. Likes accadacca, blueeyes liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

10. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

13. Likes accadacca, blueeyes liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Blog Entries

Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Unbelievable... Almost villainizing Utahns, really.

I'm glad they at least pointed out that even though folks in SW Utah are living life as normal that there are only 35 cases of Covid. Shouldn't that be a telling stat?

I still haven't gotten a straight answer about exactly when would be a good time to lift quarantines country wide? I posed that question last week when Jman was trolling and nobody responded. So I'll ask again. For all you who are cheerleading the efforts to continue shelter-in-place orders further.....so what's the plan? When do you consider it safe to come out from quarantine again? July? November? Next year? Throw me a bone here...
    Oh yeah. Sorry about that. Busy working from home (which has been great btw).

Many companies I think were quite reluctant to allow any work from home prior Covid19. But this forced their hand to adapt, amongst other things, and so far we have been told “weeks to months” before they let us back in. And my guess is that the company will realize, “hey, this isn’t so bad having employees work from home. They seem to be more productive, less cubicle space is needed, and employee morale has never been better”. Well, that’s my wishful thinking anyway.

So my company has told us “weeks to months regardless if your state has ‘reopened’ or not”. A month and half and counting so far. My guess is that my work will start allowing DoD customers back in by late May or middle June. Our Salt Lake division has 4000 employees.

My thought is I wonder what culpability would there be on a company that opens up “too early” and people get the virus. Asking for a friend, but if I worked for RockGremlin Inc. as a part-time employee (and didn’t get health insurance as such) and I caught COVID19 from an employee there and I missed a few weeks of work without pay....or whatever...would I able to sue the company for loss of wages, negligence, etc. ?? Good ole’ litigation to the rescue. (Litigation - keeping capitalism in check since the 1950s. )

I digress...

To give you a bone, I think late July will the time I’m guessing things will be resuming to the “new normal”. We aren’t going back to how things were before, that’s for sure. Just like post-WW2, post 9-11, etc.

And I think that by next summer, we will be in that “new normal”. But as we haven’t experienced this in a LONG time - the hype, mania and both sides (which is unfortunate), the “this meme is the 100% truth” mob - no one has the answer(s). I sure don’t (and no one does either including the CDC, feds, you, me, and Supreme Leader Trump).

Edit: forgot to add “Supreme Leader Trump” via the new GOP 28th-Amendment to rename the office of president to “supreme leader”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

16. Likes accadacca, rockgremlin, blueeyes liked this post
    ^^^LOL I love it when Jman gets going.

I hadn't thought about the litigation angle before, and I think you bring up a great point. I think most companies are afraid of the potential consequences of employees seeking damages if they should come down with the Covid while on the clock. Of course, the onus is on the employee to PROVE that they got it at work and not at Maverick or Sand Hollow, but in an environment like this the court of public opinion would likely side with the poor sick employee.

I sincerely hope that we can pull out of this thing before late summer. Every day more and more companies declare Chapter 11 bankruptcy ~~ Gold's Gym being the latest notable casualty. But how many companies need to declare financial mercy before the economy eventually does an encore performance of the 1930's Great Depression? And it's not just the companies that are languishing -- those companies have employees, and those employees have families. The trickle down hurts us all.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    ^^^LOL I love it when Jman gets going. 8:

I hadn't thought about the litigation angle before, and I think you bring up a great point. I think most companies are afraid of the potential consequences of employees seeking damages if they should come down with the Covid while on the clock. Of course, the onus is on the employee to PROVE that they got it at work and not at Maverick or Sand Hollow, but in an environment like this the court of public opinion would likely side with the poor sick employee.

I sincerely hope that we can pull out of this thing before late summer. Every day more and more companies declare Chapter 11 bankruptcy ~~ Gold's Gym being the latest notable casualty. But how many companies need to declare financial mercy before the economy eventually does an encore performance of the 1930's Great Depression? And it's not just the companies that are languishing -- those companies have employees, and those employees have families. The trickle down hurts us all.
    Litigation

Why at the school we won't be going back anytime soon. I don't understand if you get sick from the flu that has been around forever...suing probably is not going to do you any good. But this has business worried about getting sued.

We were asked today to start brainstorming ways we can deliver the hands on portions of our degree through online and limited numbers on campus in a lab.

We will be looking at buying masks to have us and the students use. Maybe even disposable lab coats instead of the cloth ones they currently use and leave on campus until they graduate. We all ready use most PPE but it is sounding like we will be wearing it the entire time we are there not just in the labs.

Say what you want about vaccines but I sincerely hope they come up with one fast and that it is safe. And that immunity lasts longer than 6 seconds. (Sarcasm) Wrapping my head around the "new reality " is not easy.

Anyway still stuck at home working until end of May... I don't like it. If a home office is what I wanted I wouldn't have taken a job working with college students.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

19. Likes jman liked this post
    Blog Entries

Coronavirus

^^^LOL I love it when Jman gets going.

Completely agree, the economy needs to “open” up. It sucks that some companies (a lot of companies) are taking huge financial hits. But this is capitalism’s strong point - you can be creative find workarounds, etc. IE - Zupas at Farmington Station has no drive-through. However, they have made their parking lot a “drive-through” which has a tent and an employee outside who takes your order and brings it right to you.

Other restaurants aren’t doing that...and maybe for different reasons...but if my business was open and business was crawling I’d do everything in my power to survive, be creative, let customers know of their options, etc.

And if the government forces you down outside of your control...I dunno what I’d do to be honest. However, I do think that every business is different and so an answer to each will be unique.

I mean look at Morris the smoking company and the government and all of its taxes on the end user. Sure, 100% it’s bad and their numbers took a huge hit. So Morris has been investing in diverse markets. Good for them, that’s a smart move. Some companies can’t be a one-trick pony forever.

Back to COVID19 - It has been interesting to get emails from companies that I never get emails from before in the past. They are letting me know their response to Covid, their part in keeping me (customer) safe, and my options if I want to buy their products/services. That’s a very smart business move. There’s a lot of uncertainty out there and having a “uhh..we don’t know what’s going to happen but this is what WE are doing...please come see us when you can” is reassuring to customers.

Anyway, as Governor Herbert Sherbet said, we will crawl, walk, then run when it comes to reopening.

And look at his side, he’s protecting the State’s resources because I guarantee businesses and people will sue over this in loss wages due to the state doing this or that. And what do you when safety of our citizens is the highest priority following by a strong business economy. But this is a first for everyone; so ultimately we don’t know the outcome. And unfortunately, one meme won’t change the world or economy. But...maybe...two memes will!

All I know is that my garden looks fantastic, this been a strong reminder (hopefully for everyone) to put more a little more into savings, and has made me think of a few more long-term goals. IE Pursue a Masters now that my company has changed education policy and FINALLY more colleges are embracing eLearning, propose my girlfriend of almost two years in the coming months (!!), build a small greenhouse in the backyard, run a marathon (I’ve done 9 half’s so far and didn’t have a desire to do a full marathon until a few weeks ago, and looking at buying (so I can rent out) a house either in Washington City, Hurricane or Ivins...oh...and seriously considering getting a dog (like a golden retriever, black lab or an Alaskan malamut.

Edit: sorry for the poor grammar, run-on sentences etc. Mobile typing works but it’s not great. and fighting auto-correct is a chore. And auto-capitalization sucks when you don’t want it. Etc etc etc.

●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

21. Likes accadacca, rockgremlin, blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post

All I know is that my garden looks fantastic, this been a strong reminder (hopefully for everyone) to put more a little more into savings, and has made me think of a few more long-term goals. IE Pursue a Masters now that my company has changed education policy and FINALLY more colleges are embracing eLearning, propose my girlfriend of almost two years in the coming months (!!), build a small greenhouse in the backyard, run a marathon (I’ve done 9 half’s so far and didn’t have a desire to do a full marathon until a few weeks ago, and looking at buying (so I can rent out) a house either in Washington City, Hurricane or Ivins...oh...and seriously considering getting a dog (like a golden retriever, black lab or an Alaskan malamut.

Oh God!...take it easy there, sport. That's biting off a mighty big chunk! Jesus!

I certainly agree that a LOT of people are going to have big changes occur as a result of this. I see folks out running, biking and generally getting into shape that appear to have not made a habit of it before. Also, I think many more are going to have extra cash stashed. Many of those that were caught flat footed with this will be better prepared if it happens again. Restaurants, especially. I think those businesses that hit the skids were barely hanging on as it was...and if there's any value to them, they'll be sold and restart. I can't help but think this may be a good thing, kinda like a cleaning.

I think commercial property is going to take a hit. Many companies are going to realize they don't need brick and mortar to operate. My neighbor Kim has been working from home and says she's doubts they'll ever go back to the building because the work is being done just as efficiently.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Blog Entries

Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Oh God!...take it easy there, sport. That's biting off a mighty big chunk! Jesus!

I certainly agree that a LOT of people are going to have big changes occur as a result of this. I see folks out running, biking and generally getting into shape that appear to have not made a habit of it before. Also, I think many more are going to have extra cash stashed. Many of those that were caught flat footed with this will be better prepared if it happens again. Restaurants, especially. I think those businesses that hit the skids were barely hanging on as it was...and if there's any value to them, they'll be sold and restart. I can't help but think this may be a good thing, kinda like a cleaning.

I think commercial property is going to take a hit. Many companies are going to realize they don't need brick and mortar to operate. My neighbor Kim has been working from home and says she's doubts they'll ever go back to the building because the work is being done just as efficiently.
    Hey man, I’m ambitious! And I’m young so...lots of energy and motivation to make it happen.

I agree with your neighbor, why take up real estate when you don’t have to? In a way, it’s a win-win!

Yea, it will be interesting to see how the entertainment sector will adapt.

Movies? Direct to the home user instead of theaters? Maybe but maybe not? theaters would take a huge loss but that’s capitalism for ya.

Eateries? More people are doing the door delivery service. Why get up when you don’t have to?

Exercise? Hopefully more people take it up and eat more healthy, pick up new exercise hobby like jogging, biking, swimming, or even walking around the neighborhood.

Doctors? A lot more going to be virtual. They can get a lot more in (which means more profit) in the same amount of time. In fact, I could see some clinics and hospitals reducing beds and offices to make a transition to more virtual. But I’m sure this has been going on before COVID.

Amusement parks? Not sure. Will we be butts to faces with everyone, like we use to? Not sure. They will reopen but maybe it will be like how Disneyland does it - you just show up at your designated time. And probably many more cleanings, especially baby rides.

In fact I went mini-golfing this last Saturday in Kaysville and when we were done with the putters, we put them in a cleaning solution. THAT will definitely be the new normal for mini-golf.

"SEND IT, BRO!!"

24. Likes twotimer liked this post
    ar-BB13zpeX

This pretty much spells out the litigation thing. Hopefully common sense will prevail.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Especially when a mask is warn with a person's nose peaking out the top. Which is what I see half the people doing.

And I also love when I see the adults wearing a face mask but not there 5 kids in tow.

I might be a little judgemental..... sure go to the trouble of "protecting" yourself in public only to have your kids pick it up in public bring it home and give it to you at home.

I think Angela Dunn said yesterday that 60% of the cases are from exposure to family infected and 4% from community spread. I would have to double check those numbers. So don't quote me on that.

Chere'

27. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Especially when a mask is warn with a person's nose peaking out the top. Which is what I see half the people doing.

And I also love when I see the adults wearing a face mask but not there 5 kids in tow.

I might be a little judgemental..... sure go to the trouble of "protecting" yourself in public only to have your kids pick it up in public bring it home and give it to you at home.

I think Angela Dunn said yesterday that 60% of the cases are from exposure to family infected and 4% from community spread. I would have to double check those numbers. So don't quote me on that.

One of the reports that I find very interesting is the suspected lack of transmission from yound children to adults. Do you know of any further information or details, theories, debunking on that front?

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/coronavirus-children-adults-pass-symptoms-kids-transmit-schools-a9494286.html
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

perspective:

For a small amount of perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900. When you are 14, World War I starts, and ends on your 18th birthday with 22 million people killed. Later in the year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until you are 20. Fifty million people die from it in those two years. Yes, 50 MILLION. When you're 29, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, global GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy. When you turn 39, World War II starts. You aren’t even over the hill yet. When you're 41, the United States is fully pulled into WWII. Between your 39th and 45th birthday, 75 million people perish in the war and the Holocaust kills eleven million people, six million were Jews. At 50, the Korean War starts and five million perish. At 55 the Vietnam War begins, and it doesn’t end for 20 years. Four million people die in that conflict. Approaching your 62nd birthday you have the Cuban Missile Crisis, a tipping point in the Cold War. Life on our planet, as we know it, could well have ended. Great leaders prevented that from happening. As you turn 75, the Vietnam War finally ends. Think of everyone on the planet born in 1900. How do you survive all of that? A kid in 1985 didn’t think their 85 year old grandparent understood how hard school was. Yet those grandparents (and now great grandparents) survived through everything listed above.

Perspective is an amazing art. Let’s try and keep things in perspective. Let’s be smart, help each other out, and with a little time we will get through all of this as well.-- (author unknown)
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

31. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    kinda just like the global warming debacle..

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

33. Likes blueeyes liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum