Page 107 of 165 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 3289

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Sure I am your typical liberal...whenever someone doesn't buy into the crap some of you spout the first thing you throw out is you must be a liberal. Speaking of stereotypes. Whatever...

And with absolutely no respect you sound like the typical racist privileged male prick.

Yes I am familiar with their culture and using rare or endangered animal parts. Wording the way you do as you bring that up confirms to me your racist tendencies and lack of understanding as to where this virus came from.

Here is a hint....

They. Don't. Know. There is no proof it came from a Chinese person consuming rare animal parts. Or from the Wuhan market.

There are only hypotheses at this point. It has been proven there were earlier cases of COVID-19 then the cases they originally tracked to the Wuhan market. With the market being a major place people buy food, there is good chance it was simply spread from person to person at the market.

I think I will call you a pork bovine eating cracker. Is that a bad thing? Naw... but the practice of some Chinese eating dogs is no more repulsive than you or I eating pigs and cows depending on what culture you are from.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I don't know if you're a liberal or not... but I can 100% guarentee you that you're not a conservative if that makes you feel any better...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I don't know if you're a liberal or not... but I can 100% guarentee you that you're not a conservative if that makes you feel any better...

I think a better statement is that I am not 100% conservative.

Chere'

4. Likes twotimer liked this post
    Sure I am your typical liberal...whenever someone doesn't buy into the crap some of you spout the first thing you throw out is you must be a liberal. Speaking of stereotypes. Whatever...

And with absolutely no respect you sound like the typical racist privileged male prick.

Yes I am familiar with their culture and using rare or endangered animal parts. Wording the way you do as you bring that up confirms to me your racist tendencies and lack of understanding as to where this virus came from.

I think I will call you a pork bovine eating cracker. Is that a bad thing? Naw... but the practice of some Chinese eating dogs is no more repulsive than you or I eating pigs and cows depending on what culture you are from.

When I posted that, I thought "She's either gonna have a good laugh or get all bent"...I figured it 50/50 and it looks like you got triggered pretty good. Words can start wars, huh? Funny thing is, if you were standing next to me I would have said the same thing. Calmly and with a smile, of course.

So I reckon ever hooking up for a bike ride is out of the question?

I was hoping the "wet blanket" thing wouldn't go over your head. It's analogous to what liberals tend to do...using a sledgehammer when a finishing hammer will do. Know what I mean? Overkill.

"Typical racist male privileged prick"...yep, you got me. Yet at the same time, I'm proudly generous, considerate and loyal to those I trust. What a combo, huh?

I'm Italian, so if you want to dig for a sore spot, try something along these lines for starters...columbus-day-italian-american-racism.html

The pork, bovine eating cracker isn't going to cut it, honey.

TBH...I don't want to fight or argue with you, or anyone else for that matter. If things that I write are so objectionable, then use the ignore feature.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

6. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    I think a better statement is that I am not 100% conservative.
    Nothing wrong with that :-)

8. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    When I posted that, I thought "She's either gonna have a good laugh or get all bent"...I figured it 50/50 and it looks like you got triggered pretty good. Words can start wars, huh? Funny thing is, if you were standing next to me I would have said the same thing. Calmly and with a smile, of course.

So I reckon ever hooking up for a bike ride is out of the question?

I was hoping the "wet blanket" thing wouldn't go over your head. It's analogous to what liberals tend to do...using a sledgehammer when a finishing hammer will do. Know what I mean? Overkill.

"Typical racist male privileged prick"...yep, you got me. Yet at the same time, I'm proudly generous, considerate and loyal to those I trust. What a combo, huh?

I'm Italian, so if you want to dig for a sore spot, try something along these lines for starters...columbus-day-italian-american-racism.html

The pork, bovine eating cracker isn't going to cut it, honey.

TBH...I don't want to fight or argue with you, or anyone else for that matter. I things that I write are so objectionable, then use the ignore feature.
    I wouldn't turn down an invite to ride bike with anyone including you. I am far from bent out of shape over this topic. But probably out of shape to keep up on a bike.

I am discussing maybe had one two many beers tonight. I will take back the prick statement. I was being a bit trollish.

Chere'

It's alright Blueeyes, I'm not offended at all. I'm well aware that my crass personality can sometimes be a bit heavy. But I like it that way.

If you knew me, you'd understand. I never mean harm.

I became friends with a guy that used to frequent this forum. We did a lot of canyons together. Soon after getting to know me, he said "You know Byron, I used to think a lot of stuff you posted was pure bullshit, but now I know...you're just a jokester".

My apologies for being so crass. I'll go easy on the Chinese from now on...but don't hold it against me if I slip up now and then. Sometimes I can't help myself.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

11. Likes blueeyes liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Well, thanks for this little tidbit of truth that I will now proclaim loudly and frequently to everyone within earshot.

I believe the basic gist of this post was the reason why the CDC officially came out very early on and proclaimed that facemasks were useless and claimed they would not be very effective. I remember this distinctly because I got into a tepid discussion with my wife about this issue after she was going to volunteer to make masks. I told her not to because the CDC had recommended against it.

So why the sudden shift in narrative? When did that take place, and why?
    Do you mean this proclamation?

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/ar...m.facebook.com
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

14. Likes rockgremlin, blueeyes liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    So why is the CDC only reporting 37,308 deaths as of May 1?

I know there is a lag but--look at the flu--5846.

This was supposed to be a terrible flu season, prior to covid-19

Data as of May 1, 2020

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    So why is the CDC only reporting 37,308 deaths as of May 1?

I know there is a lag but--look at the flu--5846.

This was supposed to be a terrible flu season, prior to covid-19

Data as of May 1, 2020

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
    That page explains why the numbers don't match on the same page the numbers are listed.

*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction, age, and cause of death.

Chere'

That page explains why the numbers don't match on the same page the numbers are listed.

*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction, age, and cause of death.

Right--so my point is--The flu number is 5846, in what was supposed to be the worst flu season in years.

The average is what--35,000-65,000

So the flu numbers are 5846 and the flu season is winding down?

These are china type numbers..
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

(CNN)This flu season is shaping up to be one of the worst in decades, according to the United States' top infectious disease doctor.
    Mon January 6, 2020
    Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said while it's impossible to predict how the flu will play out, the season so far is on track to be as severe as the 2017-2018 flu season, which was the deadliest in more than four decades, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
    "The initial indicators indicate this is not going to be a good season -- this is going to be a bad season," Fauci said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/03/healt...-52/index.html
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

20. Likes oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post
    Right--so my point is--The flu number is 5846, in what was supposed to be the worst flu season in years.

The average is what--35,000-65,000

So the flu numbers are 5846 and the flu season is winding down?

These are china type numbers..
    On my phone that all looked like a jumbled mess including your beginning statement was lost in that mess. I hoped on the laptop and see everything now.

I posted an article a couple posts back that talked about the estimated numbers of flu vs actual cases.

Here are 2 links to CDCs answer for this.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/faq.htm

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm

Chere'

The ultimate troll in chief strikes again.

Name:  4BE10A87-6446-42B4-A5EE-87558741D660.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  20.9 KB

23. Likes accadacca, oldno7 liked this post
    Ha.

I gotta say, reading the facebook comments on the KSL stories this weekend about the mass of people showing up at Sand Hollow State Park this weekend, and xenophobia is so hot right now.

It's unbelievable how many people want to keep everyone but the locals out of there town. Most don't even want you there is you're from anywhere but Washington County. Don't even think of coming from Nevada. You're dirty and unworthy.

25. Likes accadacca, BasinCruiser liked this post
    (CNN)This flu season is shaping up to be one of the worst in decades, according to the United States' top infectious disease doctor.
    Mon January 6, 2020
    Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said while it's impossible to predict how the flu will play out, the season so far is on track to be as severe as the 2017-2018 flu season, which was the deadliest in more than four decades, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
    "The initial indicators indicate this is not going to be a good season -- this is going to be a bad season," Fauci said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/03/healt...-52/index.html
    It's a MIRACLE, this season has turned out to be the lightest and safest Flu season EVER recorded in recent history. It's just weird that the numbers are so low this time. Weird.

27. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    Ha.

I gotta say, reading the facebook comments on the KSL stories this weekend about the mass of people showing up at Sand Hollow State Park this weekend, and xenophobia is so hot right now.

It's unbelievable how many people want to keep everyone but the locals out of there town. Most don't even want you there is you're from anywhere but Washington County. Don't even think of coming from Nevada. You're dirty and unworthy.
    I just spoke with a nurse friend of mine that was down in St. George this weekend and she said social distancing anywhere in town is nearly non-existent. She said it was crazy down there. She was at Sand Hollow and was in before the 10 am shut down. She said if you were in before the close you were golden :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I just spoke with a nurse friend of mine that was down in St. George this weekend and she said social distancing anywhere in town is nearly non-existent. She said it was crazy down there. She was at Sand Hollow and was in before the 10 am shut down. She said if you were in before the close you were golden :-)
    Yeah, one of the national news channels sent a reporter to Washington City a few weeks ago, and it was hilarious. Basically, it was life as usual. She even had some rednecks hanging out in the parking lot of a grocery store invite her to come party with them. You know, typical Thursday night in small town Utah. Seems strange that people aren't just dropping dead all over down there. I'll try to find a link to that story.

30. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Found it. Funny as heck. She was really looking for some controversy, and boy they found it at the salon.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum