Page 36 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Name:  704EE2CF-993C-4DC3-A768-C259A01C8F6E.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  19.4 KB
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

2. Likes accadacca, oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by erial View Post
    I believe it's hoi polloi not the hoi polloi. The many not the the many. Four years of college and that's all I remember.
    You are absolutely correct . My bad!
    One re-learns a new thing every day! Take care!

Rob

(Edit: I hope you learned other things during those four years!)

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

6. Likes double moo liked this post
    All along, my stance on this has been of optimism...believing that it would be relatively short lived and once things got back to normal, normal they would be.

Well this afternoon all of that has been turned on it's head and my thinking has taken a serious 180 degree turn. The Mayor of Denver (actually it's our Governor, but he hasn't got the nerve to do it himself) declared the city and county of Denver to a "Remain at Home" ORDER. In other words, going out only for things that are "absolutely necessary". Starts at 5pm tomorrow and is set to last 3 weeks, maybe longer.

When asked about enforcement, he said the cops will "discourage people from gathering in groups" but arrests will only be made in "remarkable conditions". When pressed a bit more about that he said this:

"Hopefully the people of Denver will abide by the order and we won't have to engage in the next step regarding enforcement". The next step boys and girls, is martial law and I am not cool with this at all. This crap is cuttin' a little too close to the bone. I'm not digging this at all. Now it's going too far. Grocery stores right now are getting gang banged all over again (I was just there, it's a madhouse) all the meat is gone, again. He's ordered all the liquor stores closed so everyone has carts full of booze.

Tap dancing on the edge of martial law. Dougrz...if it appeared that I've been downplaying your concerns, then I sincerely apologize. Shit's getting real now.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    All along, my stance on this has been of optimism...believing that it would be relatively short lived and once things got back to normal, normal they would be.

Well this afternoon all of that has been turned on it's head and my thinking has taken a serious 180 degree turn. The Mayor of Denver (actually it's our Governor, but he hasn't got the nerve to do it himself) declared the city and county of Denver to a "Remain at Home" ORDER. In other words, going out only for things that are "absolutely necessary". Starts at 5pm tomorrow and is set to last 3 weeks, maybe longer.

When asked about enforcement, he said the cops will "discourage people from gathering in groups" but arrests will only be made in "remarkable conditions". When pressed a bit more about that he said this:

"Hopefully the people of Denver will abide by the order and we won't have to engage in the next step regarding enforcement". The next step boys and girls, is martial law and I am not cool with this at all. This crap is cuttin' a little too close to the bone. I'm not digging this at all. Now it's going too far. Grocery stores right now are getting gang banged all over again (I was just there, it's a madhouse) all the meat is gone, again. He's ordered all the liquor stores closed so everyone has carts full of booze.

Tap dancing on the edge of martial law. Dougrz...if it appeared that I've been downplaying your concerns, then I sincerely apologize. Shit's getting real now.

https://coloradosun.com/2020/03/23/d...n-place-order/

I don't understand....how does the Mayor propose that people make a living? How are folks supposed to pay for food and utilities, pay rent/mortgage, pay loans, credit cards, etc, etc, etc....?

The majority of the country lives check to check, and doesn't have enough cash saved to live beyond the next paycheck. How are those folks supposed to put food on the table? A one-time check for $1,000 is NOT going to do anything....and that's assuming it's approved by Queen Pelosi in the first place.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    https://coloradosun.com/2020/03/23/d...n-place-order/

I don't understand....how does the Mayor propose that people make a living? How are folks supposed to pay for food and utilities, pay rent/mortgage, pay loans, credit cards, etc, etc, etc....?

The majority of the country lives check to check, and doesn't have enough cash saved to live beyond the next paycheck. How are those folks supposed to put food on the table? A one-time check for $1,000 is NOT going to do anything....and that's assuming it's approved by Queen Pelosi in the first place.
    The Mayor of our city is a complete fuc*ing moron. And there's not a damn thing I can do about it, 'cuz he's a stinking Democrat and I'm surrounded by simple minded monkeys.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Heres san fran nans ideas to combat coronavirus and stimulate the economy:

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Mountain Man
    ^ Incredible. The scum that is that party. Pray to God Repubs and Trump have the courage to fight. Those provisions are so awful.

12. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dougr View Post
    ^ Incredible. The scum that is that party. Pray to God Repubs and Trump have the courage to fight. Those provisions are so awful.
    And just imagine if for 1 minute the media posted pelosis list.

There would be national outrage.

But the swamp and the media swim in the same pond, one won't go down without the other.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Pelosi's coronavirus stimulus includes return of 'Obamaphones,' other unrelated items, GOP says

The NRCC went on to accuse Pelosi of cramming the bill "full of unrelated liberal goodies, including a return of the 'Obamaphone.'" Pelosi, the NRCC pointed out, wants $1 billion "to build on program expanded by President Obama that provides discounted phone service for low-income consumers."

The bill proposed by Pelosi, D-Calif., additionally seeks to eliminate debt held by the U.S. Postal Service, require same-day voter registration, pay off $10,000 in student debt per person, mandate that airlines reduce their overall carbon emissions by 50 percent by 2050, and force federal agencies to explain to Congress how they are increasing their usage of "minority banks."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pel...hange-wishlist
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Pelosi ‘Stimulus’ Bill Imposes Nationwide ‘Ballot Harvesting’ Without ‘Any Limit’

“Ballot harvesting” was legalized in California in 2016, and first used in the 2018 midterm elections. It allows anyone to drop off someone else’s mail-in ballot at a polling station. There is no process for vetting or verifying those delivering the ballots — no background checks or identification requirements. Democrats dropped hundreds of thousands of ballots off at polling stations in 2018, helping Democrats as they flipped seven Republican seats.
    The practice is illegal in most other states, largely because it is susceptible to fraud and intimidation. Republicans were caught flat-footed in 2018; they experimented with the tactic in recent special elections, only to find that their voters adamantly refuse to give their ballots to strangers. Democrats are more open to the practice — often because the “harvester” previously registered the voter, according to Republican National Committeeman Shawn Steel.
    California’s “ballot harvesting” law has yet to be challenged in court. It is one reason that California remains a one-party state, with little prospect for change in the foreseeable future.
    Pelosi wants to take that system nationwide.

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-elect...out-any-limit/
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

@SenTomCotton
    Families and businesses need help now to survive the China virus pandemic. But
    @SpeakerPelosi
    walked away from negotiations to write her own bill, full of absurd provisions completely unrelated to the crisis at hand. Here’s what Speaker Pelosi is demanding while Americans suffer:

om Cotton
    @SenTomCotton
    ·
    4h
    Replying to
    @SenTomCotton
    1. Corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards at companies receiving assistance

2. Bailing out all current debt of postal service

3. Required early voting

4. Required same day voter registration

5. 10k bailout for student loans

Tom Cotton
    @SenTomCotton
    ·
    4h
    6. For companies accepting assistance, 1/3 of board members must be chosen by workers

7. Provisions on official time for union collective bargaining

8. Full offset of airline emissions by 2025

9. Greenhouse gas statistics for individual flights

Tom Cotton
    @SenTomCotton
    ·
    4h
    10. Retirement plans for community newspaper employees

11. $15 minimum wage at companies receiving assistance

12. Permanent paid leave at companies receiving assistance
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

22. Likes oldno7, dougrz liked this post
    So everyone is scrapping and clawing for their relief checks from the governments $2T bailout. But all of a sudden, I don’t hear anyone complaining about the LDS church’s accumulation of $Bs in donated $ and resources for emergency and humanitarian aid. But, that’s none of my business.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

24. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    US was more prepared for pandemic than any other country, Johns Hopkins study found

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-...-found-in-2019

And all the dems can do is lie about the whole situation enough to hope some of their lies catch on.

The dems prey on the ignorant, it's the foundation for which they are built.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

27. Likes dougrz liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum