Page 39 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Turns out this "stay at home" order was a load of BS. He comes out yesterday talking all tough..."This is not voluntary, this is MANDATORY, this is an ORDER ".
    Giving the police the power to detain anyone, anytime for anything. "Where do you live? Where you going? Get you ass back home". Yeah, right. I'm all for the guys in blue, but this crap is taking a big chunk out or our personal freedom. It's like putting you in a cage. People started demanding answers.

The Mayor got his ass spanked real good today. That dude was stuttering. Not two hours into this morning and they'd made a million amendments to it. Word was they were overwhelmed, and have been all day. So it's basically toothless...they just don't want people gathering in crowds and this loudmouth came out all hot and heavy. There's no "enforcement" going to happen. That guy just made a complete fool out of himself.

With all due respect for the old and feeble, I'd rather they take their chances than give up that much freedom. They only time it should get anywhere near that would be a time of heavy war.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    The only time it should get anywhere near that would be a time of heavy war.

Absolutely right. I've been saying this all along.

Nice sig
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 03-24-2020 at 08:06 PM.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

5. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Turns out this "stay at home" order was a load of BS. He comes out yesterday talking all tough...
    I see there was supposed to be a $999 fine applicable, as of yesterday. There must be something in state law making a $1000 fine a threshold of some sort, so they snuck under that.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    I see there was supposed to be a $999 fine applicable, as of yesterday. There must be something in state law making a $1000 fine a threshold of some sort, so they snuck under that.
    It appears those fines are for if the cops come around telling you to break it up and you give them the middle finger. They're not going to just hand out fines at random. I listened to the Mayor at two today on the radio...he had some 'splainin' to do.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

9. Likes oldno7, accadacca, twotimer liked this post
    Political Correctness will never win the day.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post

Lol. Reminds me of the source of those names:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

12. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Lol. Reminds me of the source of those names:

https://youtu.be/Jtxds204ZMI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am at a loss for words that someone anyone at that news outlet didn't catch that.... wtf

Chere'

It appears those fines are for if the cops come around telling you to break it up and you give them the middle finger. They're not going to just hand out fines at random. I listened to the Mayor at two today on the radio...he had some 'splainin' to do.
    I stil find the whole "stay at home" order vs. the policy change of not arresting people for certain crimes and releasing criminals from prison early to limit probability of spreading the Chinese Hunan virus amongst inmates a contradiction in policy and quite ironic. What they are essentially saying is that shoplifting is less of a crime than leaving my house - albeit in order to shop lift, I would have to.....leave my house.

If a cop catches me away from my house, how is that scenario going to play out?

Cop: Sir, you are violating the stay at home order. You need to return to your home.
    Me: What are you going to do if I don't return home?
    Cop: I'm going to give you a ticket for violating the order.
    Me: OK. GIve me the ticket.
    Cop: What is your name?
    Me: Mickey Mouse.
    Cop: If you don't give me you're real name....
    Me: You're going to what?
    Cop: I'll have to arrest you.
    Me: See that guy over there looting that store. Are you going to arrest him too?
    Cop: No. Not for looting. But, I will direct him to return home, when I am done with you.
    Me: Why?
    Cop: Because we've had a change in policy to not arrest people for minor offenses.
    Me: Why?
    Cop: Because we are trying to limit the number of people we put in carceration to reduce risk of spreading disease.
    Me: But you just told me you are going to arrest me if I don't give you my real name. What's a worse crime: Looting, or not telling a cop their name?
    Cop:
    Me:
    Cop: Give me your name so I can give a ticket.
    Me:
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

15. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Sharing from another page:

The reports are that the truckers are getting supplies to the stores. People are stocking the shelves all night and letting old people shop first. Carnival Cruise line told Trump “We can match those big Navy Hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships” GM said hold our cars and watch this; we can make those ventilators where we were making cars starting next week. Women and children are making homemade masks and handing out snacks to truckers. Restaurants and schools said, We’ve got kitchens and staff; we can feed kids.” Churches are holding on-line services and taking care of their members and community. NBA basketball players said, “Hold our basketballs while we write checks to pay the arena staff.” Construction companies said, “Here are some masks for the medical staff and doctors”. Breweries are making sanitizer out of the left-over ingredients. We thought we couldn’t live without Baseball, NASCAR, NBA or going to the beach, restaurants or a bar. Instead, we’re trying to keep those businesses open by ordering take-out.

You’ve got two Democrat Governors getting told “We will make it happen” by a Republican President who has fought with them for three and half years. While the media keeps repeating itself, “We are a nation divided.”

What communist China didn't count on was America saying "Hey, hold my beer and watch this."

I think a Japanese Admiral in the middle of the Pacific said it best in 1941, "I think we have awakened a sleeping giant."

Give us a few more weeks (maybe months) and we will be doing much better! And stop listening to the hysterical media!!

Sharing this from another FB friend. We have wonderful country and an amazing God.

I know we will be ok .🇺🇸🙏🏻🙌🏻🙏🏻🇺🇸

#unitedwestand

Name:  53736ECC-E234-48C1-8E12-2F1F2CA78BE6.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  21.9 KB

18. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    DETAILS OF THE CORONAVIRUS AID BILL
    by Kevin Ryan

Democrats have finally agreed to end their filibuster of the coronavirus aid bill in the Senate, with word of an agreement coming shortly after midnight. The unprecedented $2 trillion economic rescue package aims to shield the U.S. economy from the worst consequences of the coronavirus pandemic. It includes:

• Direct payments of $1,200 per American adult making $75,000 or less (or couples making $150k or less). People who make between $75k and $99k will receive smaller amounts. Those making $99k or above (or $198k or above for married couples) will not receive a check. The income used to determine how much people receive will be based on their 2018 taxes. Officials hope the checks could go out as soon as early April.

• Families will also receive an additional $500 per child.

• A $130 billion cash infusion for hospitals expecting a flood of COVID-19 patients, and billions of dollars of additional relief to be delivered through the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the lead federal disaster agency.

• $150 billion directly to state and local governments dealing with the outbreak

• $500 billion for guaranteed, subsidized loans to larger industries, including the airlines.

• A $367 billion program for small businesses to keep making payroll while workers are forced to stay home.

• Four months of unemployment benefits for furloughed workers plus an additional $600 per week. Gig workers like Uber drivers will be covered by unemployment for the first time.

• Companies would be able to defer payment of the 6.2% Social Security payroll tax.

“This is a wartime level of investment into our nation,” said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) in the early hours of Wednesday after the two sides had reached a deal. “The men and women of the greatest country on Earth are going to defeat this coronavirus and reclaim our future. And the Senate is going to make sure they have the ammunition they need to do it,” he said.

Stocks rose sharply in America and around the world Tuesday in anticipation of the infusion of aid into the U.S. economy.

A vote is expected today.

SOURCES: https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-a...al-11585113371
    https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...al-coronavirus

So my observation is this... A couple of days ago, we were going to get 2 rounds of checks, not one, and it was all going to cost just 1 trillion dollars. Now, it's just one round of checks for the people, and the cost has doubled.

Now, I'm not saying I want 2 checks. Just pointing out the stupidity of the whole situation. Why in the world would anyone in the world want these immature and irresponsible people running health care or any other part of their lives. When they talk, you can basically count on the cost of anything they want being double what they tell you, and you're going to see only half the benefit from it.

21. Likes oldno7, BasinCruiser liked this post
    No check for Iceaxe or his hot young stripper wife :-(

But I'll get to pay for everyone else getting one so it's nice to see they didn't forget about me.

I've got to say---There is more accurate and detailed information on bogley than 90% of the internet.

As a bonus--you get cool memes.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    No check for Iceaxe or his hot young stripper wife :-(

But I'll get to pay for everyone else getting one so it's nice to see they didn't forget about me.

A lot of small business owners in this same boat, that through their compassion trying to keep their staff employed and giving them a paycheck as much as possible, while at the same time bleeding through the nose paying all of the standard costs of running a business, but with little to no income coming in - but they don't get a check because they may too much $ 2 yrs ago. Not that a $1k+ check will make much of a difference anyway.

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

26. Likes dougrz, BasinCruiser liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

28. Likes dougrz liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum