Page 122 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 3289

Thread: Coronavirus

So, apparently, the virus only infects white people.

Name:  8D94903A-ADCA-429B-B923-6A96F1EC3DD2.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  29.4 KB

https://www.dailywire.com/news/orego...n-white-people
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries

Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    I don't think this is over just yet. I do think we will see an increase in the fall when schools hopefully get back to normal.

And the current increase is because we are opening back up. This is to be expected. It isn't because we are testing more.

And the death count increase lags behind the increased cases by about 2 weeks. Also they have a better handle on treating patients with COVID then they did back in March. Especially with the convalescent plasma that contains antibodies.

Shutting down businesses again is the worst idea.

Good luck on enforcing people to wear masks. I think if people quit pushing it so much and just let it be...more people probably would wear a mask. If they don't who the **** cares. If you are worried wear one. But more importantly wash your hands. Go wash them again.

And just because a box says it will not protect you from the virus doesn't mean it won't help. If you want to do a little experiment with me come on up to Weber. I will have you cough unmasked onto a petri dish. Then I will have you put a mask on and cough. We can incubate the plates for 24 hours and take a look.

If this society wasn't so litigious then statements like that wouldn't have to put on packaging. But i can honestly see some money hungry jerk go after a mask making company after they get sick with COVID saying they wore a mask everyday and it gave them false protection.

Again personally if you are healthy I don't think you need a mask unless you are next to some nuckle head that keeps hacking their head off. Or you yourself are coughing. But like a good person I will wear one at work and other places as requested or if I am coughing. Or am around someone who is vulnerable.

Justin you are still out there with conspiracy theories but that is okay.

Anytime I see shit that says I took a screen shot before it was taken down makes me think....ALL of it is bullshit. Anyone can make it look like someone said something they regret posting on the web. Not saying it didn't happen. But it sure smells of BS. But then all of politics smells that way. Especially our current POTUS.

Hey one more reminder...go wash your hands and keep them out of your face.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    The mask thing hasn’t been about protecting yourself from contracting it but rather spreading it to others. Respirators protect you against it but since the virus is tiny and goes straight through masks it hasn’t been about protecting yourself.

That’s why your example breathing on a Petridish example works well with that

When someone is infected with coronavirus and every time you exhale the virus is attached to your water droplets. And that’s why masks work in helping curbing the virus. The whole “brainwash” meme above is meh. It’s called misinformation which has been #libertarianized

Coughing/sneezing into your arm or clothes is kinda the same as wearing a mask. Same principle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    The mask thing hasn’t been about protecting yourself from contracting it but rather spreading it to others. Respirators protect you against it but since the virus is tiny and goes straight through masks it hasn’t been about protecting yourself.

That’s why your example breathing on a Petridish example works well with that

When someone is infected with coronavirus and every time you exhale the virus is attached to your water droplets. And that’s why masks work in helping curbing the virus. The whole “brainwash” meme above is meh. It’s called misinformation which has been #libertarianized

Coughing/sneezing into your arm or clothes is kinda the same as wearing a mask. Same principle.

I know this. Why I offered to show the difference between wearing a mask and not wearing one if you cough.

Chere'

Yeah...chunks of snot flying around in the air is a bad thing, no doubt. Especially if it's infected with an invisible little monster...a virus that can apparently sail right thru your weak little "mask"...but is stopped dead in it's tracks by the mask of the infected. OK, got it.

What's this...page 243 and we're still arguing that? Should be wearing googles, too. Snot in the eyeball is pretty gnarly, ya know.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Blog Entries
    I know this. Why I offered to show the difference between wearing a mask and not wearing one if you cough.

gotcha. I just re-read your post (compare to skimming it) and you made that clear. My apologies.

●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

7. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Yeah...chunks of snot flying around in the air is a bad thing, no doubt. Especially if it's infected with an invisible little monster...a virus that can apparently sail right thru your weak little "mask"...but is stopped dead in it's tracks by the mask of the infected. OK, got it.

What's this...page 243 and we're still arguing that? Should be wearing googles, too. Snot in the eyeball is pretty gnarly, ya know.
    Lol omg you crack me up.

Snot if you sneeze...water droplets if you cough. And no it is not stopped dead in its tracks. But inhibited considerably.

And I am sure we will keep debating this for another 243 pages because that is how it works around here.

Chere'

9. Likes jman liked this post
    Good discussion about masks. As y'all are aware, I'm a BIG skeptic when it comes to masks (as my sig indicates). But I had a conversation with a co-worker today who made it clear that masks were never intended to protect you from the virus -- they're intended to protect others. If you're infected, your breath expels billions, maybe trillions of Covid particles suspended in droplets. A mask won't catch them all, but it will stop about 75 - 80% of all infected particles, which is significant.

I couldn't refute that.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

11. Likes jman, blueeyes liked this post
    Anything that spews from some other person's mouth is snot as far as I'm concerned. Nasty...especially if infected with cooties.

It dawned on me when I was 10 years old not to eat the birthday cake anymore...unless it was mine, of course.

13. Likes jman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    made it clear that masks were never intended to protect you from the virus -- they're intended to protect others.

I couldn't refute that.
    I sure as hell can...why do these others get special treatment?

I reread that sentence three times and I'm like...WTF?

Anything that spews from some other person's mouth is snot as far as I'm concerned. Nasty...especially if infected with cooties.

It dawned on me when I was 10 years old not to eat the birthday cake anymore...unless it was mine, of course.
    Easy target for getting all the good food from you.

Chere'

I sure as hell can...why do these others get special treatment?

I reread that sentence three times and I'm like...WTF?
    I am reading your statement thinking WTF?

More clarification please.

Chere'

I am reading your statement thinking WTF?

More clarification please.

Don't read mine, read his!

I did read his statement. I understand what he is saying.

I don't understand what you are getting at. But that is okay.

Chere'

Never mind...might be a little too close to Dennis Miller territory with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Look at the CDC website, which again is NOT being mentioned at this time, I'd think the pandemic is just about over.

Remember, a small, just a teeny weeny fact, the numbers have ALWAYS been Covid OR flu OR pneumonia. These numbers we've been hearing have NEVER been just about Covid. Just a small point of interest.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm

Attachment 94962
    No conspiracy here, just straight from CDC. It's Covid or Flu or Pneumonia.

They do not have a chart for only Covid deaths, unless I'm missing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    No conspiracy here, just straight from CDC. It's Covid or Flu or Pneumonia.

They do not have a chart for only Covid deaths, unless I'm missing it.
    Select the measure.

You can separate the numbers by COVID-19 or by Total deaths which add flu and pneumonia with COVID-19

Just the COVID numbers

Here is where you select the measure

Numbers with all three COVID-19, Flu, and pneumonia

Chere'

Good discussion about masks. As y'all are aware, I'm a BIG skeptic when it comes to masks (as my sig indicates). But I had a conversation with a co-worker today who made it clear that masks were never intended to protect you from the virus -- they're intended to protect others. If you're infected, your breath expels billions, maybe trillions of Covid particles suspended in droplets. A mask won't catch them all, but it will stop about 75 - 80% of all infected particles, which is significant.

I couldn't refute that.
    i mentioned this multiple times before including asking you a question that you never responded to.

posted on 4-29-20204-29-2020

^^^THIS^^^

I'd say about 99.8% of all masks worn by the general public are not going to do anything because they're either worn wrong, or recycled one too many times, or the fabric is too porous. Or all three.
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    just to understand, you don't believe that a face mask can reduce the spreading of respiratory droplets into the air from a person who has the virus (maybe unknowingly) which is a main way the coronavirus is transmitted?

23. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Name:  D3F8F0C3-0526-4F8B-8C85-991525EF0869.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  9.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    i mentioned this multiple times before including asking you a question that you never responded to.

I think this will go down as another example of the inefficiency of communicating via messages on the internet versus speaking face to face.

I know you had mentioned the droplet issue, but I didn't find that very compelling because my previous line of reasoning was this: OK, so the virus laden droplet lands on your mask, and then what? It dies? No -- what happens next is you suck it down your throat on your next series of breaths. So what's the point?

But my co-worker conceded that masks were never designed to be 100% effective -- they were only meant to cut down on the number of virus droplets that one respires into the air. And study after study has shown that they do reduce the virus load that infected folks release. Fair enough. I'm willing to accept that.

Does this mean I have to change my sig now?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

26. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Rock on, Red Rocker.

Name:  DC7F38D7-BC11-487C-9145-0A82719C37BC.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  29.7 KB

https://www.dailywire.com/news/sammy...o-save-economy

“We have to save the world and this country from this economic thing that’s going to kill more people in the long run,” he explained. “I would rather see everyone go back to work.”

“If some of us have to sacrifice on that, OK,” he added. “I will die for my children and my grandchildren to have a life anywhere close to the life that I had in this wonderful country. That’s just the way that I feel about it. I’m not going to go around spreading the disease. But there may be a time where we have to sacrifice. I mean, how many people die on the Earth every day? I have no idea.”

Sammy, Nuge - is it just me, or do the level headed down to earth artists also make the greatest music?

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum