Page 1 of 165 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

We're all here, because we ain't all there.

Coronavirus

Truly has potential, it would seem to have the ability to kill many BUT to put it in perspective, theres this:

Not downplaying it's danger, just putting it in perspective.

2019-2020 U.S. Flu Season: Preliminary Burden Estimates

29,000,000 – 41,000,000
    flu [COLOR=#DC3545 !important]illnesses

13,000,000 – 19,000,000
    flu [COLOR=#DC3545 !important]medical visits[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
    280,000 – 500,000
    flu [COLOR=#DC3545 !important]hospitalizations

16,000 – 41,000
    flu [COLOR=#DC3545 !important]deaths[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This comes from the CDC, it is in above story^^^

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...-demographics/

^^^I urge everyone to peruse this link. It gives the demographic breakdown for coronavirus fatalities.

Apparently, this virus is mostly killing off those aged 70+ especially in those with compromised immune systems. NO KIDS UNDER 9 HAVE DIED FROM CORONAVIRUS. And the death rate among those with no pre-existing conditions is less than 1%.

Really puts it into perspective. In other words, the Coronavirus is behaving just like every other flu bug that goes around every year.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

5. Likes oldno7, BasinCruiser liked this post
    Do the math...
    0.1% of those with the flu die
    2.1% of those with Coronavirus die

That's 29 times higher then the flu... The Coronavirus is much worse then the flu.... if you believe that Coronavirus is comparable to the flu you are falling for the fake news that China is currently trying to push.

Understand what a 2.1% death rate actually is...that means if you went to a Utah football game and everyone has Coronavirus 1000 people in the stadium would be dead when you walked out.

Not to mention you can get a flu vaccine and greatly reduce your odds of dying and no such vaccine yet exists for Coronavirus.

Coronavirus is an extremely nasty virus, don't be fooled into thinking it's not by fake news.

Most people dying from Coronavirus are the same demographic that died from the bird flu, swine flu and the "general flu".

They die from something else, complications that evolved like pneumonia, respiratory issues, weakened immune system...

The Coronavirus is also being assigned to a large portion of patients that have the usual flu symptoms, so numbers can be skewed. My son was diagnosed with the Swine Flu when it was out, and once that WSU professor died "from the Swine Flu", everybody went nuts. But what she REALLY died from was pneumonia, and the swine flu virus was also detected.

It's not the flu that kills people, it's the complications that evolve into other disorders and illnesses. It's like "going to prison for Marijuana", nobody is serving prison time because they smoked weed. They had it on them while committing a bigger crime, and it was just another checkmark on the list.

Stay calm, wash your hands and take your vitamins.

Once the Democratic candidate is chosen, I promise you the Coronavirus will be a topic of the past, a former clickbait topic.

8. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Most people dying from Coronavirus are the same demographic that died from the bird flu, swine flu and the "general flu".

They die from something else, complications that evolved like pneumonia, respiratory issues, weakened immune system...

The Coronavirus is also being assigned to a large portion of patients that have the usual flu symptoms, so numbers can be skewed. My son was diagnosed with the Swine Flu when it was out, and once that WSU professor died "from the Swine Flu", everybody went nuts. But what she REALLY died from was pneumonia, and the swine flu virus was also detected.

It's not the flu that kills people, it's the complications that evolve into other disorders and illnesses. It's like "going to prison for Marijuana", nobody is serving prison time because they smoked weed. They had it on them while committing a bigger crime, and it was just another checkmark on the list.

Stay calm, wash your hands and take your vitamins.

Once the Democratic candidate is chosen, I promise you the Coronavirus will be a topic of the past, a former clickbait topic.

This is the point I'm trying to make. I believe the issue is being blown way out of proportion.

My sister is in the middle of a painting project at her house and went to the Home Depot to get face masks. They were sold out of every single kind of face mask, and they said the shelves had been cleared off ever since the Coronavirus news broke. They can't keep face masks in stock. I believe it's a tad overhyped.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

10. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    yeah the dust mask thing is a bit silly, it's for dust not microscopic viruses. Then they'll rub an itch on their face after turning an infected doorknob.

I remember working at Lifetime Products, making the picnic tables and ping pong tables. There was some sort of chemical leak one day, I think it was some acid for the Powder Coating cleaning station, but "Production can't stop", so instead of clearing the area, the supervisors grabbed dust masks for the assembly line people, which did nothing for chemicals. Plus they had their safety glasses on, not sealed goggles but just the normal glasses --- for airborne chemicals.

But we hit quota that day, Walmart was happy.

It was also the same thing after 9/11, all the duct tape, plastic sheeting and generators sold out, because of chemical warfare we had to prepare to seal off the windows, doors and airvents in the house.

The news over hypes everything. Currently in Utah it's a non issue... but don't be fooled into not taking Coronavirus seriously. It is currently making shambles of China's economy and that will effect us all...

On the bright side, might as well capitalize on the scare with cheap tourism to Euro.

Name:  CE273631-54F2-4D0C-A31C-0C9249A1400F.jpg
Views: 4270
Size:  22.1 KB

https://m.sfgate.com/travel/article/...m_campaign=CMS
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

Don’t necessarily blame the local dust mask shortage on CV. A friend of mine just had a baby, and due to fears and apparent high rates of RSV going around, he says he and his wife are wearing dust masks anytime they leave the house.

Is the threat justified? A colleague of mine just had a newborn grandchild die of RSV. Maybe.

Is buying/ wearing a dust mask from HD the proper/ sufficient anecdote to prevent it? Likely not.

16. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    On the bright side, might as well capitalize on the scare with cheap tourism to Euro.

Name:  CE273631-54F2-4D0C-A31C-0C9249A1400F.jpg
Views: 4270
Size:  22.1 KB

https://m.sfgate.com/travel/article/...m_campaign=CMS
    There are currently Mediterranean cruises going for very low prices right now because of all this. They have moved all of the cruise ships out of Asia to Europe, so there are tons of them over there and they don't have any people on them. They're just giving it away. I still wouldn't get on one right now. Also, I'm assuming that the issues in Italy and other parts of Europe are not going to help them any.

18. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    No way I'd ever do a cruise ship even in the best of times... nothing like an overcrowded virus incubator for a fun time...

Climb-Utah.com

^^^ This is the primary reason why I haven’ta never will do a cruise ship. Too many stories of stranded boats either due to catastrophic mechanical failure, or quarantine due to epidemic disease. Add to that the simple concept of locking me on a boat with thousands of other people for a week where all I can do is sit in my room, or go to the Up-chuck-o-Rama and stuff my face to gain 10 pounds. Sounds to me more like a prison sentence than a vacation.

No thanks. I like to go out on my own in the outdoors and get as far away from people - that’s my idea of a good vacation.

21. Likes oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post
    I've had some clients that love cruises and do them regularly...I've asked "What's the appeal?"

The convenience...they want to be lazy. Not have to think about preparing food or doing anything during the day that is like their normal everyday life. Drink...get a buzz going for 5 straight days and chill.

Chillin'...that's it. Slowing down to a crawl. They also told me that it's nice to be on just one vessel that takes them to different destinations (port calls during the day) so they don't have to fly, rent a car, hire a taxi, deal with traffic, etc...
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

My wife and I just got back from a cruise in Hawai'i for our 20th anniversary. It was our first cruise. It was a good time. Was it perfect? Nope. Has any vacation I've been on been perfect? Nope.

We did this one because all of the time on the boat was at night as we traveled from one island to the next. The daylight hours were spent on the island doing whatever we wanted. We did some of the shore excursions and we also rented cars on some of the days and did what we wanted. It was a good time.

The only drawback was that I did catch a cold at the end of the week that knocked me out for a few days. That sucked. Otherwise, it was a good time and a good way to see the islands.

Americas original horse face speaks. If you disagree with her, of course you’re racist.

Name:  3284DDB5-5797-41FE-B02F-429746093E50.jpg
Views: 4420
Size:  19.6 KB

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ling-fake-news

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

26. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    San Fran stepping up the hype. Despite not having any reported cars of infection, they have declared a state of emergency. Talk about getting Trump out by any means necessary.

Name:  98892FE6-9EC4-4DF2-9E0C-ABDF906FE762.jpg
Views: 4261
Size:  19.3 KB

https://rightwingtribune.com/2020/02/26/coronavirus/

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum