Page 48 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Utah Department Of Health Clears Jazz Players Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell Of Coronavirus

Well, it’s been about 2 weeks for these guys...

2. Likes blueeyes liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I've been trying to follow the New York situation for a week or so to get educated.

Most of what I've seen by actual photos and articles is included in this compilation of events.

Cuomo Deserves No Plaudits for His Handling of Crisis

Cuomo this week again bragged about his state’s open arms, which resulted in New York’s current crisis. The reason New York now has so many more cases of coronavirus, even more than California, is “because we welcome people from across the globe,” he said on March 25. “We have people coming here, we have people who came here from China, who came here from Italy, who came here from all across the globe.”

And the outcry about ventilators? State officials were informed several years ago that the stockpile of ventilators was woefully inadequate to handle a severe pandemic. But instead of preparing for a looming crisis and buying 16,000 ventilators, the state’s health commissioner formed a task force to develop a system to ration the life-saving equipment. The task force “came up with rules that will be imposed when ventilators run short,” the New York Post reported last week. “*Patients assigned a red code will have highest access, and other *patients will be assigned green, yellow or blue (the worst), *depending on a ‘triage officer’s’ decision.”
    Now that Cuomo’s rationing plan is backfiring and his lack of preparation is exposed, he’s blaming Washington for his state’s self-induced emergency.

https://amgreatness.com/2020/03/26/c...ing-of-crisis/
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

5. Likes dougrz liked this post

7. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    I've been trying to follow the New York situation for a week or so to get educated.

Most of what I've seen by actual photos and articles is included in this compilation of events.

Cuomo Deserves No Plaudits for His Handling of Crisis

Cuomo this week again bragged about his state’s open arms, which resulted in New York’s current crisis. The reason New York now has so many more cases of coronavirus, even more than California, is “because we welcome people from across the globe,” he said on March 25. “We have people coming here, we have people who came here from China, who came here from Italy, who came here from all across the globe.”

And the outcry about ventilators? State officials were informed several years ago that the stockpile of ventilators was woefully inadequate to handle a severe pandemic. But instead of preparing for a looming crisis and buying 16,000 ventilators, the state’s health commissioner formed a task force to develop a system to ration the life-saving equipment. The task force “came up with rules that will be imposed when ventilators run short,” the New York Post reported last week. “*Patients assigned a red code will have highest access, and other *patients will be assigned green, yellow or blue (the worst), *depending on a ‘triage officer’s’ decision.”
    Now that Cuomo’s rationing plan is backfiring and his lack of preparation is exposed, he’s blaming Washington for his state’s self-induced emergency.

https://amgreatness.com/2020/03/26/c...ing-of-crisis/

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/tr...unch-at-cuomo/

New York wasn't the only one warned....

The federal government also has a cache of ventilators in the CDC’s Strategic National Stockpile. The government does not publicize the contents of the federal stockpile, but Dr. Richard Branson, a professor of surgery emeritus at the University of Cincinnati and the editor-in-chief of the journal Respiratory Care, told Politico there are believed to be around 20,000 ventilators in the national emergency stockpile.
    Research published in Emerging Infectious Diseases in 2017 concluded that the number of ventilators in the national stockpile “might not suffice to meet demand during a severe public health emergency.”

ALL of them need to stop blaming each other. It serves no purpose. If a call for help and the need for supplies goes out. Just get it done. End of story. The entire US has been caught unprepared.

Those crazy PAC 12 guys

Stanford medical professors: COVID-19 death toll estimates may be 'orders of magnitude' too high

Stanford medical professors: COVID-19 death toll estimates may be 'orders of magnitude' too high

They believe the projections are 'deeply flawed'

"Fear of Covid-19 is based on its high estimated case fatality rate — 2% to 4% of people with confirmed Covid-19 have died, according to the World Health Organization and others," wrote Bendavid and Bhattacharya. "So if 100 million Americans ultimately get the disease, 2 million to 4 million could die. We believe that estimate is deeply flawed. The true fatality rate is the portion of those infected who die, not the deaths from identified positive cases."

How did they predict this?

The two professors argue that the best evidence of the coronavirus death rate being significantly lower than what is being reported may lie in the Italian town of Vò. On March 6, the town's 3,300 residents were tested. Of these, 90 tests came back positive, indicating a prevalence of 2.7% of the population having the virus.
    If one were to apply this to the entire province where the town is located, which has a population of 955,000, it would mean there were actually 26,000 infections at the time, and not just the 198 that were officially confirmed. This would be 130 times greater than the number of reported cases. Since Italy's case fatality rate of 8% is estimated using the confirmed cases, Bendavid and Bhattacharya write, "the real fatality rate [of the virus] could in fact be closer to 0.06%."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/stanfo...too_high_death

The fatality rate is really a mute point. The problem... and what made me change my mind about taking this virus serious is how quickly it over taxes a hospital in a hot zone. The COVID-19 patients overwhelm the ER and ICUs to the point the hospitals can't treat other critical individuals. They come in with severe pneumonia, most of them recover but they still use up resources in excess of what is on hand.
    Chere'

China Supplied Faulty Coronavirus Test Kits to Spain, Czech Republic

Up to 80 percent of the 150,000 portable, quick coronavirus test kits China delivered to the Czech Republic earlier this month were faulty, according to local Czech news site Expats.cz. The tests can produce a result in 10 or 15 minutes but are usually less accurate than other tests. Because of the high error rate, the country will continue to rely on conventional laboratory tests, of which they perform about 900 a day.

The country’s Health Ministry paid $546,000 for 100,000 of the test kits, while the Interior Ministry paid for the other 50,000.

https://news.yahoo.com/china-supplie...162306412.html

10. Likes oldno7 liked this post

12. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-GX-D1..._web_copy_link

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/tr...unch-at-cuomo/

New York wasn't the only one warned....

ALL of them need to stop blaming each other. It serves no purpose. If a call for help and the need for supplies goes out. Just get it done. End of story. The entire US has been caught unprepared.

The fatality rate is really a mute point. The problem... and what made me change my mind about taking this virus serious is how quickly it over taxes a hospital in a hot zone. The COVID-19 patients overwhelm the ER and ICUs to the point the hospitals can't treat other critical individuals. They come in with severe pneumonia, most of them recover but they still use up resources in excess of what is on hand.

The fact of the matter is---no government can gear up completely for an un determined future pandemic, can't happen.

The logistics would be staggering.

The utility of items has an expiration date.

A government can take reasonable precautions against the unknown--then have to procure items based out of current necessity.

How can it work otherwise?
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

16. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    I started watching this clip last night about the Influenza of 1918 and fell asleep. People first showed symptoms in the morning, and were dead by early evening. 50 million died.

18. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    The fact of the matter is---no government can gear up completely for an un determined future pandemic, can't happen.

The logistics would be staggering.

The utility of items has an expiration date.

A government can take reasonable precautions against the unknown--then have to procure items based out of current necessity.

How can it work otherwise?
    Exactly! So why did you post an article that indicates Cuomo was at fault for not stock piling more ventilators back in 2015?

It was idiotic of Trump to even bring that up and then he did it out if context of the report because that man does very little to inform himself accurately. The report never made recommendations to buy that many ventilators.

A pandemic is a logistically difficult to deal with.

Chere'

President Trump has invoked the Defense Production Act for the first time, requiring General Motors to supply ventilators

"Today, I signed a Presidential Memorandum directing the Secretary of Health and Human Services to use any and all authority available under the Defense Production Act to require General Motors to accept, perform, and prioritize federal contracts for ventilators," Trump said in a statement.

21. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    But what if

Exactly! So why did you post an article that indicates Cuomo was at fault for not stock piling more ventilators back in 2015?

It was idiotic of Trump to even bring that up
    Trump was only responding to the question asked of him.

Cuomo and Trump are getting along a lot better than certain "news" sources would have us believe. Like Trump says, it's not the Fed's responsibility to make sure each state's inventory of these items are stocked up. New York did in fact downplay the inventory levels suggested a few years ago and is now trying to blame Trump. The 50 Governors were all working together on the phone call, but once they are alone and hounded by the press, they'll come up with something.

Trump would not have mentioned New York's low ventilator inventory if Cuomo did not try to blame it on him. Most of Trump's statements are responses to the media's questions.

This is aimed towards nobody, but keep these points in mind:

It's getting blatantly obvious that certain people want this recovery to look bad on Trump.

*blaming Trump for the idiot that ingested the fish tank cleaner? Come on people, hydroxychloroquine has been FDA approved for DECADES. I haven't yet heard Trump advise anybody to go out and buy it either. A Dr would prescribe it. Some states want to make hydroxychloroquine unavailable! https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/us/ma...rnd/index.html

*Justifying NOT broadcasting the LIVE press conferences and updates from Trump, on the biggest story in the world right now? https://www.thedailybeast.com/cnn-an...virus-pressers Thank goodness they've been getting the Emergency Broadcast System tested out and going, just watch, media will try to block him so hard that we WILL be receiving the updates this way.

*Calling him racist for closing travel from China so soon, then trying to find ways to accuse him of acting so slowly. They are also calling him racist for saying "Chinese Virus" when there are countless screenshots of the accusers saying the same damned thing, until their little review groups decided we didn't want to hurt any feelbads.

*Compare the fast and organized reaction/handling, and even the daily press conferences for COVID compared to H1N1. Have we ever had a president that speaks with the hostile press, accepting questions daily? Even throughout his presidency he's speaking with the press almost on a daily occurrence. Not even Obama did this when the press had 'Bama Boners constantly.

In 2 weeks we are going to look back at all of the summaries and we will laugh at how blatantly obvious it was that a lot of people wanted this to be so much worse, to hurt Trump's economy. The virus is real, no doubt. But Trump is all over this and it's pissing people off. Enjoy the show, and smile as the economy comes back better than it ever was.

24. Likes rockgremlin, devo_stevo liked this post

It was idiotic of Trump to even bring that up and then he did it out if context of the report because that man does very little to inform himself accurately. The report never made recommendations to buy that many ventilators.

A pandemic is a logistically difficult to deal with.

Have you read the report issued by NY?

I have it if you'd like.

It is a 272 page document titled "Ventilator Allocation Guidelines"

And yep--logistics are off the charts.

Lots of differing forms of triage for ventilators spelled out, not pleasant decisions but pandemic decisions.

For those who don't know(I can't imagine anyone) if you bitch slap Trump in public, he will get even, it's who he is.

He doesn't turn the other cheek, so if ones plan is an attempt to chastise/humiliate Trump, you better have your ducks in a row.

New York has always had a plan to deal with lack of ventilators, a VERY well detailed, medical and yes legal plan.

The writers of the "plan" always knew there would be mass death and supplies and staff would be inadequate, they detailed this scenario they are in right now back in 2015.

To claim Trump didn't do his homework would be reciting msn stories that have no idea if true but intend to defame Trump at every level.(how do they, or you know what he has or hasn't researched?)

Can they or you site some sorta proof that Trump is not accurately informed, as you claim?

He is the most powerful man in the world, he has access to hundreds if not thousands of staff who all run computers better than most.

Their research ability is unlimited.

Or is it just that his style irritates you and you/they detest him?

From a very biased opinion, I'd say he and his team are doing a phenomenal job, I guest history and the current media will judge.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

The fatality rate is really a mute point.

Not necessarily.

My boss came at me about a week ago with a panicked expression on his face, wringing his hands, and condemning Trump because of the skewed statistics that he'd read on the internets. He even quoted me this famous statistic:

Quote Originally Posted by bullshit statistic View Post
    "So if 100 million Americans ultimately get the disease, 2 million to 4 million could die.
    When crap like this goes viral, you get the mass hysteria that we're currently seeing today. Inaccurate reports about the virus are causing normally happy people (and politicians) to do and say utter nonsense.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

27. Likes blueeyes, oldno7 liked this post
    From report

The state did not plan to increase its stockpile because it anticipated that in the event of a severe crisis, there would be shortage of trained staff to operate them and demand would outweigh any emergency stockpile. The report said the state had to balance the likely ventilator shortage with the need for adequate funding for current and ongoing health care expenses.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

So to summarize the report:

New York was preparing for a pandemic

There was no need for more ventilators because:

a) they needed the money elsewhere

b) they wouldn't have the manpower in a pandemic to utilize more ventilators.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    President Trump has invoked the Defense Production Act for the first time, requiring General Motors to supply ventilators
    To say that Trump was not happy with General Motors and their response to a request to manufacturer more ventilators voluntarily is an understatement.

So Trump showed GM who has the biggest dick in the room and invoked the Defense Production Act.

Bottomline.... Don't f**k with Trump or you will probably get your ass handed to you.

31. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    So I see that the border of Grand and San Juan counties is only about 10 miles south of Moab...so it's possible to camp Behind The Rocks and drive to all the biking trails. I also called the Needles Outpost...she said "we're open" and hardly anyone was there. I told her I'd likely show up within a week and stay for a week. Bike Moab, then hike tons of trials in the Needles...that'll burn up 10 days before I'm ready to move on.

So I load the truck today figuring on driving tomorrow and I get a text from the gal at the Outpost...as of today, San Juan County is closed. She has to shut down.

So that thoroughly BBQs that plan. Also, I see that your Governor threw down a state wide "remain in place" recommendation...not an order. Not yet, at least.

So I see that Bryce is still open, and they haven't shut down St. George yet... but that may be coming down the pike. I wonder if the Highway Patrol or the cops will chase people away who have out of state plates? I'd hate to drive all the way out there only to have to run a gauntlet every time I drive thru town to pick up some veggies. I'm curious if the police are lackadaisical about that kind of thing.

I really want to go...just to get out of this weird vibe town and enjoy the outdoors, full time like. Also, I'd like to see if theres a lot of other people out in the sticks...'cuz this whole thing is like a trial run to truly "bugging out". Get the vibe of how it would play out if it really mattered. Counties closing down and putting up roadblocks...that's probably likely. That would be keeping out the desert "survivalist" for sure. Better make sure your bug out spot is close to home, eh?

I'll give it another day or two to see what happens over there...if nothing heavy then I'll just venture out and hope I'm not heading back within a few days. The only thing that would make that happen is the authorities pulling people over and pointing them home.

Crazy times.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum