Page 134 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 3289

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Baa Baa... if you want to follow all the other sheep go for it. I won't interfere...

...but please extend me the same courtesy to run my own life as I see for. It get that Covid is serious, it's just not serious enough to me to give up my lifestyle or live my life in fear.
    the coronavirus is a massive drag on the economy and will continue to be as numbers stay high or increase, ymmv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    the coronavirus is a massive drag on the economy and will continue to be as numbers stay high or increase, ymmv
    No shit... ya got any news that everyone and their dog is not aware of?!?

Breaking news.... drunk driving causes death's... so let's ban cars... problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    It get that Covid is serious, it's just not serious enough to me to give up my lifestyle
    No shit... ya got any news that everyone and their dog is not aware of?!?
    so it's not that serious. got it.

so it's not that serious. got it.
    So drunk driving is not serious? Got it...

Define "high"...seems quite variable, eh?

ymmv...yes indeed, it does.

For example, I don't own a single "mask"...if there is a sign on the front door of a business I want to enter then I'll tie on a bandanna and as soon as I walk out the door the thing comes off. I wouldn't pay a nickel for a "mask" and if I had, I'd be happy to burn it in a campfire when I take a road trip next month.

Just out of curiosity, stefan...you seem like a pretty liberal minded person...when will you put your mask away? What do the numbers have to look like before you're done with it? And another thing...do you think it was worth it to take the hit on the economy, crashed businesses and the despair, loneliness and stress it caused?

Personally, I don't. I think we should have had a lightweight "shutdown", maybe a month, educate everyone to sanitize and clean, wear a mask if you want to and take extra precautions for the elderly and sick. Good luck, folks and look both ways before you cross the street.

And while you're at it...don't drink fish tank cleaner.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

So drunk driving is not serious? Got it...
    drunk driving isn't contagious

8. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    drunk driving isn't contagious
    OK...well there you have it.

I don't know if you're married or single...but when you were footloose and fancy free did ya ever boink a girl without a rubber on? Betcha didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    OK...well there you have it.

I don't know if you're married or single...but when you were footloose and fancy free did ya ever boink a girl without a rubber on? Betcha didn't.
    it can be contagious in a behavioral sense but not in the direct transmission sense nor is it remotely as contagious as the coronavirus which is widespread all over the world in short order. (apples and oranges)

11. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    it can be contagious in a behavioral sense but not in the direct transmission sense nor is it remotely as contagious as the coronavirus which is widespread all over the world in short order. (apples and oranges)
    ???Whaaaa...???

Sorry dude...you're way too smart for me.

Just out of curiosity, stefan...you seem like a pretty liberal minded person...when will you put your mask away?
    masks have nothing to do with politics unless you choose to politicize it. i don't.

What do the numbers have to look like before you're done with it? And another thing...do you think it was worth it to take the hit on the economy, crashed businesses and the despair, loneliness and stress it caused?
    since many have been warning about this for quite some time, i think we should have been ahead of the curve and been significantly more prepared than we were and ready to act with a coherent national strategy to mitigate it quickly before it spread rather than being complacent and slow to react (in both the long-term sense of preparedness and the short-term sense). even in the short term, in january, navarro (along side the intelligence agencies) warned early on the issues it would present but didn't gain traction with the president.

14. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    masks have nothing to do with politics unless you choose to politicize it. i don't.

since many have been warning about this for quite some time, i think we should have been ahead of the curve and been significantly more prepared than we were and ready to act with a coherent national strategy to mitigate it quickly before it spread rather than being complacent and slow to react (in both the long-term sense of preparedness and the short-term sense). even in the short term, in january, navarro (along side the intelligence agencies) warned early on the issues it would present but didn't gain traction with the president.
    In other words.....

"It's Trump's fault"

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

16. Likes blueeyes, oldno7 liked this post
    Politicians grotesque blunder response to coronavirus is a massive drag on the economy and will continue to be as long as they keep their heads up their asses, ymmv
    Fixed it for you.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

Like when Trump was litteraly talking about it in the SOTU address in January, which ended with Pelosi ripping up his speech saying that it was full of nothing but lies? Or when Trump banned travel from Wuhan, and the Dems freaked out calling him a dictator Nazi, vs Pelosi telling everyone that everythning was fine, come on down to Chinatown and have a good time?

Thank goodness the WHO was out in front of this....(cough cough). Rather than telling the truth, they were playing cover up for the CCP telling everyone that there was no known human to human transmittion, and that it's not an airborne contagiant. And when they get called out for it and cancelled (defunded), all of the MSM and libs start balling their eyes out saying how much we need the precious WHO.

19. Likes oldno7, Byron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    In other words.....

"It's Trump's fault"

wrong interpretation/conclusion but as president his leadership is incredibly important

21. Likes blueeyes liked this post

Oopps...didn't mean it politically, actually. But I can see how you interpreted it that way...and it gave you a real quick, easy way out of actually answering the question.

So I'll ask it differently...Hey stefan, how do the numbers/infections/ deaths/ whatever have to look before you'll put your mask away? Specifically like a winter hat, gloves, stuff like that you put into a drawer or closet because you don't need them.

You know what? Just ignore my question...because you're almost certainly going to spew some "I'm to intellectual for the room bullshit nonsense".

Hate to say it stefan...but you should really dumb yourself down a little bit. Do like I do, wrap a joke around most things...life is a lot more fun that way.

23. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Like when Trump was litteraly talking about it in the SOTU address in January, which ended with Pelosi ripping up his speech saying that it was full of nothing but lies? Or when Trump banned travel from Wuhan, and the Dems freaked out calling him a dictator Nazi, vs Pelosi telling everyone that everythning was fine, come on down to Chinatown and have a good time?

Thank goodness the WHO was out in front of this....(cough cough). Rather than telling the truth, they were playing cover up for the CCP telling everyone that there was no known human to human transmittion, and that it's not an airborne contagiant. And when they get called out for it and cancelled (defunded), all of the MSM and libs start balling their eyes out saying how much we need the precious WHO.
    Why do they ignore this? You can't have a rational conversation with these people when they simply refuse to acknowledge reality! Seriously.

They always say "We need to have a conversation" and then declare that the sun is pink. You can't get anywhere with them...friggin' blinders.

So I'll ask it differently...Hey stefan, how do the numbers/infections/ deaths/ whatever have to look before you'll put your mask away? Specifically like a winter hat, gloves, stuff like that you put into a drawer or closet because you don't need them.
    as an short (incomplete) answer: either when a functional and safe vaccine is widely available and can offer protection to those at risk of severe illness and death and as well as essential workers (and which could ultimately could provide a similar type of herd immunity we maintain with flu vaccines) or when the numbers are sufficiently low that transmission is a non-issue (however that may come about).

when the numbers are sufficiently low that transmission is a non-issue (however that may come about).
    Like they were back in Feb? Then what? For how long?

as an short (incomplete) answer: either when a functional and safe vaccine is widely available and can offer protection to those at risk of severe illness and death and as well as essential workers (and which could ultimately could provide a similar type of herd immunity we maintain with flu vaccines) or when the numbers are sufficiently low that transmission is a non-issue (however that may come about).
    So you're going to be wearing that mask for a long time, I reckon.

You gonna line up to get that shot? Are you "at risk"...are we ALL at risk? Who will you trust when it's announced that we have "herd Immunity? What if there are nurses, doctors, "essential workers" that won't remove their masks even though the government gives the all clear? Is it going to happen when you turn on the TV and no one has said anything about it for two straight weeks? What is "sufficiently low"?

"However that may come about"...like, you'll just wait until it feels right? Y'know...I like that one. Lots of people (like myself) feel like it "feels right" right now.

No hard feelings, stefan. My poking you about was just in jest, really. I truly am genuinely curious to hear form those that advocate for mask, mask and more mask...the only other one around here that's kinda sorta down with that is blueeyes. Among my friends and clients though, most seem quite tired of it...and the liberal clients I have (there's that politics again!) that have them glued to their faces don't wanna talk about it...although some of them are elderly so I get it.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum