Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2020

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Utah Football’s Recruiting History In Pac-12 Compared To Mountain West Era

You can read the full article back to 2000, but 2020 looks good on paper.

2020 Class

The Utes signed their best recruiting class in school history in 2020 with four players signing as four-star prospects including cornerback Clark Phillips III, defensive linemen Van Fillinger and Xavier Carlton along with safety Nate Ritchie.

Cornerback Caine Savage and safety Ben Renfro have both enrolled early with Phillips III and participated in the three spring practices that Utah had.

https://kslsports.com/435798/utah-fo...tain-west-era/

Yeah the recruiting class looks really good this year.

Too bad Coach Scalley is gonna get shit-canned because black lives matter more than his job.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Scalley WAS 1st in line after Whitt retires. It was pretty much a forgone conclusion that he would take over.

Scalley WAS 1st in line after Whitt retires. It was pretty much a forgone conclusion that he would take over.
    Utah announces DC Morgan Scalley will have pay cut this year from $1.1 million to $525,000 after an investigation into his use of racist language. Also, Scalley is no longer coach in waiting after Kyle Whittingham’s retirement

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...ach-in-waiting

If I were Scalley I'd be packing my bags.

It's clear that the University of Utah places a higher value on SJW dogma than Scalley's coaching abilities.

Utah announces DC Morgan Scalley will have pay cut this year from $1.1 million to $525,000 after an investigation into his use of racist language. Also, Scalley is no longer coach in waiting after Kyle Whittingham’s retirement

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...ach-in-waiting
    So basically the left was unable to completely destroy a man's life over one dumbass text he made 8 years ago... that's so sad... the left was only able to leave Scalley's career a heaping pile of dog shit... oh well... I'm sure they will do much better next time.

Gordon Monson: Listen to what Ryan Lacy says about the Utes’ Morgan Scalley. It seems investigators didn’t.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...n-listen-what/

Gordon Monson: Listen to what Ryan Lacy says about the Utes’ Morgan Scalley. It seems investigators didn’t.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...n-listen-what/
    From the comment section...

Code:
    Almost all the players interviewed in the investigation as well a the vast majority of players in the program past and present came to Scalley's defense.

As for those who spoke against Scalley? Lacy spoke more specifically. Hatfield and Sean Smith were vague and more disgruntled about other issues on the field. They seemed like they might have been bandwagoung with the tension going around the country right now. The investigation found no credibility there.

I paid attention to Lacy. I spoke with him twice in one on one situations for about 5 to 10 minutes each time twice back in 2008. He impressed me then even as a 18 year old freshman. That said, he waited 5 years to talk to Scalley in 2013 (same timeline as the text sent to Singleton).

The players Lacy said he told what allegedly happened to him didn't collaborate anything about it.

Then we have the text and joke that Scalley admitted to. We don't know anything about the joke. But the language in the text is NOT okay with me but I do look less harshly at it considering Shareef Shaw (black coach on staff) used it first in the text to Scalley and gave license to Scalley his good longtime friend to use the n word in return. It's still wrong but that is all we have to go by after the independent investigation is now complete.

Morgan messed up bad by sending the return text intended for Shah to Singleton instead. Yet Singleton forgave Morgan and still came to play at Utah. In fact, Singleton defended Morgan as a good man and said he had nothing to do with bringing this bad pub on Morgan to light. Word is Singleton's girlfriend took a photo of the text and sat on it for 7 years until now during the tension going on around the country.

^^^This is why I think Scalley should pack his bags and gtfo. Just to give Utah the big middle finger. It's obvious that Utah is just trying to put a politically correct face on this by caving to the demands of the liberal SJW's.

If that's how they wanna roll, then the program, the players, and the fans will suffer. But hey, they brought that shit on themselves. They COULD have been strong and stuck by their man. But they chose to crucify him instead just to save face.

Scalley could bring down 7 figures in just about any state his chooses. Any school would be delighted to have him on staff. I would be shocked if he's still at Utah beyond 2020.

I agree. He'll be gone after this season, better prospects tree elsewhere.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The axe falls: Utah slashes its athletics budget by $8 million, Kyle Whittingham and Larry Krystkowiak take pay cuts

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...-slashing-its/

BYU-Utah rivalry game gone: Pac-12 makes it official, canceling nonconference games for fall 2020
    https://www.ksl.com/article/50000132...-for-fall-2020

Possible 0 - 1 start to the season as Utah may square off against the reigning Pac-12 Champs.

https://fishduck.com/2020/07/oregon-...r-what-a-joke/

If we have to play the Ducks... I'd prefer to play them early in the season at RES.

The Ducks are the class of the PAC12 and your best odds of beating them are the first game of the year as they might have a few unknown bugs to work out.

YMMV

15. Likes accadacca, rockgremlin liked this post

Utah Football’s 2020 Pac-12-Only Schedule:

Sat: Sept. 26th @ Wazzu
    Sat: Oct. 3rd @ Colorado
    Sat: Oct. 10th vs. Oregon State
    Sat: Oct. 16th @ UCLA
    Sat: Oct. 24th BYE
    Sat: Oct. 31st vs Arizona
    Sat: Nov. 7th @ ASU
    Sat: Nov. 14th vs. Washington
    Sat: Nov. 21st @ Cal
    Fri: Nov. 27th vs. USC
    Sat: Dec. 5th vs. Oregon

So it looks like Utah is setup for a late season face plant... oh well.... at least they have lots of practice at it.

Utah Football 2020

“We are in close consultation with University, state and local officials, and through those discussions we anticipate a reduced capacity at Rice-Eccles Stadium this season because of physical distancing requirements,” Harlan said.

“Every effort is being made to provide the safest experience possible for fans attending games, and for all involved. Season ticket holders will receive information soon to provide details on the ticketing and seating approach for the 2020 season, and the various options they may choose.”

The Pac-12 also today designated Aug. 17 as the date on which programs may begin fall camp.

“We are in close consultation with University, state and local officials, and through those discussions we anticipate a reduced capacity at Rice-Eccles Stadium this season because of physical distancing requirements,” Harlan said.

“Every effort is being made to provide the safest experience possible for fans attending games, and for all involved. Season ticket holders will receive information soon to provide details on the ticketing and seating approach for the 2020 season, and the various options they may choose.”

The Pac-12 also today designated Aug. 17 as the date on which programs may begin fall camp.
    Hmmm...I'm guessing the general public tickets are going to be in very short supply this year. Hopefully they'll try to keep the season ticket holders in the stadium for the majority of the season.

Hopefully they don't require face masks for an outdoor event. How are you supposed to eat and drink and curse at the referees with a face mask on?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So it looks like Utah is setup for a late season face plant... of well.... at least they have lots of practice at it.

Yep....2 game losing streak to close out the season. I hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 07-31-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Top legacy prospect Jonah Ellis has committed to Utah

https://247sports.com/college/utah/A...tah-149992241/

What a clusterf**k...

Canceled again: Utah season-opener pushed back another week due to COVID outbreak
    https://www.ksl.com/article/50048550...covid-outbreak