Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My latest triggering video

Ok I've been thinking, I'm gonna smoke these dudes. Gotta plan though, I don't want to blow my wad on a mediocre post and then think of a better way I should have done it.

These guys did me a huge favor, I don't have to be concerned about any of my past questionable footage now because I've been talked to about it already. I'm free now. I'd just better be good from now on LOL

I'll let you know what I'm cooking up. Don't want to post on the weekend. Office hours, big exposure. Monday.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

5. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Ok I've been thinking, I'm gonna smoke these dudes. Gotta plan though, I don't want to blow my wad on a mediocre post and then think of a better way I should have done it.

Now that's what I'm talking about... Hahaha

Set a sweet little trap for them to walk into and then spring it.

Maybe, sorry I didn't post as I was in FAA custody all weekend....

....getting my medal from them for being the world's greatest drone pilot.... if you want to really yank their chain don't forget to mention the congratulations call the FAA told you to expect from President Trump next week.... LOL....

Climb-Utah.com

7. Likes jman liked this post
    I figured, since I'm already winning the hypothetical arguments I'm having in my head late at night, this should turn out very well for me.

Those are always the best arguments.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

10. Likes jman liked this post
    If you guys want a laugh, read this thread talking about my dangerous behavior

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1216...7680583636116/

Hurry and skim through it before they remove it, because they know I'm laughing at them in this bogley thread now. LOLZ

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

After reading all that I've discovered the self righteous and self appointed sheriff of the skies thinks you're a moronic asshat with shitty flying skills who is not safe to let loose in the same city where women, children and dogs are present.

It also appears that the self righteous and self appointed sheriff of the skies is a more than a little jealous because his drone footage sucks when compared to yours, but only because he follows the rules.

So... Did I get the general drift of the thread correct?

13. Likes accadacca, Sombeech liked this post
    Geeze, you have either a civil suit against you, or are heading to the "clink." Haven't heard clink as slang since maybe a Lil Rascals or 3 Stooges episode. Shame on you!

15. Likes accadacca, Sombeech liked this post
    Basically, when Good Morning America features 4 of my clips, it puts a target on my back. Actually it might have been 5 times. Funny, one of the FAA agents mentioned Good Morning America and said how impressive that was.

I was explaining that I was thinking of getting out of the whole social media video business for a bit, just because of all the craziness and attention I got from my viral videos, I was thinking of taking a break. I had also assumed that my commercial Drone permit (Part 107) had expired since I hadn't paid attention to it lately. We looked it up and they were like "No you're still valid, but the testing center didn't process this correctly. Let's go ahead and fix this and it will be good for ANOTHER 2 years from this point". I said, well, ok I guess I'll keep going then. HA HA.

But in that thread, you'll see the repeated claims of dangerous flying "through the fog". Uh, didn't you guys even watch it? It was ABOVE the fog. LOL.

What people can't see from the video, and I did this on purpose just to piss people off, is that there is a hole in the fog directly below my drone, where I can see it from the ground.

Aside from that, they thought I could be 1000 feet up, over twice the legal ceiling. This shot clearly shows the top of the fog, and the neighborhood below, only a few hundred feet down.

By the way, it's many of the same type of "professionals" that were upset at my 300+ Million Views Fall Colors at Snowbasin video because the colors were saturated. This enraged a good portion of drone pilots for some reason.

I've seen shitty saturated stuff, and I'll tell you what, it didn't make me angry. Maybe that's just me.

Just wondering if you could especially nail Kevin when you exact your next move...

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    Just wondering if you could especially nail Kevin when you exact your next move...
    LOL do you know him? He's been here on bogley a while ago, and he searches through my social media and video posts looking for stuff to complain about. Kind of a creep if you ask me. I'd be flattered if it were a chick.

He's the type that gets into an online argument way too deep, screenshots of every disagreement so he can save them for later, and most of his posts come in groups of 4 in a row. Mostly "oh and another thing..." back to back to back replies in a row. And then he'll start another virtual signaling thread of how he thinks arguing is bad, oh those heart emoji reactions to his post being a tear to my eye.

When I post another video of something legit, he and those other dweebs will say something like "thank you for following code 245.63.C8 on this one, can you share your flight logs? "

By the way, next time somebody asks me to post the flight log for a certain video, a method for double checking all of the stats, wind speed, elevation, distance, I've got a nice surprise for them. It's a mapped route of a hand giving the middle finger.

The truth is though, they'd never approve my membership request back into that group because they know a shitstorm would follow. I'm fine with that, we can just laugh about it here. There is absolutely zero benefit to my life for belonging to a group like that. I only originally joined so I could spam my videos. It's just more of this kind of garbage. The FAA didn't even care about the cloud rules or the 3 mile visibility. They said it didn't exist and I had to Google it afterwards to find it. They just don't care about that crap.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    So, all this aside, what is the best beginner drone for following me on ATV/Jeep adventures? I want to be able to look ahead to see what's on the other side of hills/mountains, have a FOLLOW-ME function and a return to base function on low battery, etc.

Ideally, GPSr integration so a route can be plotted would be ideal.

Android or iPad Pro control.

If you wouldn't mind, that is. I found this site:

https://buyersguide.org/drones/t/cam...1&tdid=7761581
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    So, all this aside, what is the best beginner drone for following me on ATV/Jeep adventures?
    Some things to consider, aside from budget:

*physical size, carrying the drone with you on rides, how much space do you have? The newer drones from DJI will fold up nicely, the older ones like mine are bulky but you can get a big backpack to carry it all.

*What kind of distance are you looking to fly? Here is one thing the FAA asked, on my "fly away" shots, they assumed I flew so far that I could no longer see my drone. This violates the "VLOS" or Visual Line Of Sight rule. I could still see my drone on these shots, but it was just a spec in the sky at 1000 feet away. Now if it weren't up to me, and if you don't have a group of nerdy sky sheriffs following you around online, you can fly out 3 miles if you don't have interference.

For a nice fold up drone that can get some great distance, about 27 minutes of flight time per battery, and can take great quality pictures, the DJI Mavic series is a good way to go. There are smaller drones like the Spark, but they won't fly out as far. These smaller drones are more for "selfie" shots, you might get a couple hundred yards away though. If you are controlling it from the phone itself and without a hardware control device, you'll be limited on flight distance. So the Mavic will be a good bet. Even the first Mavic model is good, you might find them around 900 or less now, although I haven't priced them lately.

Each of these DJI will follow you, or any target, without the need to carry a tracker device. One bit of advice, if it is following you and you've got the controller packed away, you won't see what the shot looks like until after. And if something goes wrong and you need to regain control, you want to get access to the controls in a hurry.

22. Likes BruteForce liked this post
    Any thoughts on the Holy Stone HS720? Specs seem similiar as the DJI units, but easily 1/4 to 1/2 the cost.

Any thoughts on the Holy Stone HS720? Specs seem similiar as the DJI units, but easily 1/4 to 1/2 the cost.
    This looks like the camera will pan downwards, but I don't see a gimbal. The gimbal takes all of the vibrations out of the camera shot, most gimbals will be 3 axis. So you'll get some bumpy, shaky footage. But if you are just using it as a scout to go check up ahead, it might be fine. It just depends how close you can get, as the phone will show you a picture but you might not be able to zoom in.

Under perfect conditions, it looks like you can get up to 1/2 mile away on the 5G transmission.

25. Likes BruteForce liked this post
    Thanks for the assist. I suppose a gimble would be most ideal as I imagine my use of a drone would evolve with time & usage.

Thanks for the assist. I suppose a gimble would be most ideal as I imagine my use of a drone would evolve with time & usage.
    Yeah you don't know how valuable that gimbal is until you see a comparison.

Here's one of my earliest drone videos without a gimbal, I'll be serving 6-8 months in the slammer for flying over my kids, maybe. WARNING loud drone noise

28. Likes accadacca, BruteForce liked this post
    ^^^^Your drone has Parkinson's.

That gimbal is a must have.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

30. Likes BruteForce, Sombeech liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    you rode on the grass!!!!

FFA gonna nail you...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

32. Likes accadacca, Sombeech liked this post