Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post

Otherwise this will hang over Trump forever and be a problem in 2020
    That's a forgone conclusion no matter how it all lands.

I'm working for a couple that have CNN going all day. They are CONVINCED Trump is going to be led from the White House in handcuffs. They're afraid the Military may step in to stop it...crazy, huh?

It's people like these that keep 'em going...and obviously there's a whole lot of them. A'int nothing going to change their minds. Trump has grabbin' noonie hanging over his head anyway...I think he's handling this just fine.

Forget this Impeachment nonsense, it's already dead. It's the DNC that's going to be the sideshow spectacle of the century.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This could end tonight in Trumps favor and by tomorrow morning the Democrats would launch another fantasy attack... the Democrats strategy is not to win, but to keep Trumps fitness to serve as President in question through the 2020 election.

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    I'm working for a couple that have CNN going all day. They are CONVINCED Trump is going to be led from the White House in handcuffs. They're afraid the Military may step in to stop it...crazy, huh?
    I'll just leave this here....

CNN ratings plummet to lowest primetime viewership in almost three years

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-ra...st-three-years

Climb-Utah.com

Yeah, well let's just get thru this next week and see what happens, eh?

Next month he gives the SOTU speech...that'll be fun.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

6. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Congress, you are wasting time and taxpayer money sitting in on these impeachment hearings... Please get back to work to help improve our country for our citizens...

Climb-Utah.com

Name:  CC78282D-ACB0-4A27-80BC-8EB0ACB76F57.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  22.4 KB

9. Likes diesel, rockgremlin liked this post
    Name:  8D530088-042D-4F05-86D4-38E26E102AEC.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  28.4 KB

11. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Name:  87D52D22-B5C7-4AF2-B8BB-DD301FAC0B86.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  21.1 KB

13. Likes diesel, oldno7 liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

I just don't see how the Democrats can possibly land this plane as they appear to be on a kamikaze mission.

The Democrats numbers are holding steady across the nation, except in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania where their numbers are swirling around the toilet bowl. If they lose 2 of those three states they guarantee a Trump victory in 2020.

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I just don't see how the Democrats can possibly land this plane as they appear to be on a kamikaze mission.

The Democrats numbers are holding steady across the nation, except in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania where their numbers are swirling around the toilet bowl. Of they lose 2 of those three states they guarantee a Trump victory in 2020.

Climb-Utah.com
    ^^^None of this matters if they're able to impeach Trump. Right now that's the game plan -- impeach Trump at all costs. If they succeed at that it will validate every other mistake made along the way.

But in order for that to happen there would have to be a number of Republican defectors in the Senate, right? What's the likelihood of that happening?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    ^^^None of this matters if they're able to impeach Trump. Right now that's the game plan -- impeach Trump at all costs. If they succeed at that it will validate every other mistake made along the way.

But in order for that to happen there would have to be a number of Republican defectors in the Senate, right? What's the likelihood of that happening?
    Just to be clear in the vocab, "impeach" is solely a House act. It's the accusation.

The "trial" is in the Senate, where a 2/3 vote is necessary for conviction. No way they'll get that, as all but 3 Repubs already have signed a letter calling the House actions a sham.

The 3 who didn't sign are Murkowski, Collins, and Romney. I believe Collins will vote to acquit in the end. Possibly 2 Dems as well, Jones of Alabama and Manchin of WV. So the vote will be somewhere between 48-52 and 50-50 to remove. 67-33 being the needed vote to remove.

18. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    Just to be clear in the vocab, "impeach" is solely a House act. It's the accusation.

The "trial" is in the Senate, where a 2/3 vote is necessary for conviction. No way they'll get that, as all but 3 Repubs already have signed a letter calling the House actions a sham.

The 3 who didn't sign are Murkowski, Collins, and Romney. I believe Collins will vote to acquit in the end. Possibly 2 Dems as well, Jones of Alabama and Manchin of WV. So the vote will be somewhere between 48-52 and 50-50 to remove. 67-33 being the needed vote to remove.

Thank you. This clears up a lot of questions.

Yup... they can impeach Trump all they want, but there is not a chance in hell he will be removed from office. As I've said all along TRUMP WANTS TO BE IMPEACHED, as it will almost guarantee that the GOP will take back the House. It will force Democrat representatives in red states like Utah's Ben Adams out of office.

FWIW - Bill Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, but he was not convicted in the Senate or removed from office. Clinton also got the majority in the House out of the deal. Impeaching Clinton was a trainwreck for the GOP.

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Yup... they can impeach Trump all they want, but there is not a chance in hell he will be removed from office. As I've said all along TRUMP WANTS TO BE IMPEACHED, as it will almost guarantee that the GOP will take back the House. It will force Democrat representatives in red states like Utah's Ben Adams out of office.

FWIW - Bill Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, but he was not convicted in the Senate or removed from office. Clinton also got the majority in the House out of the deal. Impeaching Clinton was a trainwreck for the GOP.

Climb-Utah.com
    I think the average straw-hatin' Lefty just assumes that Impeachment = Removal from office.

Boy aren't they in for a rude awakening!

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I think the average straw-hatin' Lefty just assumes that Impeachment = Removal from office.

Boy aren't they in for a rude awakening!

I bet 70% of the population believes impeachment means you are removed from office. I've talked with many smart and educated people that don't really understand what impeachment means or is. And I bet 90% of millennial's don't understand impeachment. Most boomer's understand impeachment as we went through it with Clinton and Nixon.

FWIW - Nixon resigned because it was obvious that the House was going to impeach him and the Senate was going to convict him and remove him from office. That was a true bi-parisian effort, which was what the framers of the Constitution intended and not this kangaroo court Trump is getting.

23. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    OAN

You'll hear of these folks much more, soon.

https://www.oann.com/oans-chanel-rio...-ukraine-trip/
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

They also don't realize that if Trump did get removed from office, we would have President Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    They also don't realize that if Trump did get removed from office, we would have President Pence.
    You don't realize.... the Democrats have a bigger picture and they have actually said so.... they want to remove Trump from office, and then remove Pence from office... and ....Presto! We have President Nancy Pelosi.

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

28. Likes dougrz liked this post