Thread: Arcade, Pinball and Video Games

Arcade, Pinball and Video Games

What games did you play growing up or what do you play now?
    @rockgremlin and I used to hang out in the arcade at the smoke filled Ritz Classic on 2100 and State. Also down at the Crossroads plaza arcade.

Spy Hunter was a classic

2. Likes stefan liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tempest, man. This was MY game back it the day...1985, '86. I got really good at it. No other games really interested me.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

6. Likes devo_stevo liked this post

8. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Street Fighter 2

I liked Dhalsim and Guile. If I recall, Acca was pretty good at Ken and Ryu.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

10. Likes stefan liked this post
    I loved Rampage. That was a classic.

Asteroids and Pac Man.... but I'm old. I did own an original Pong game when it first came out and we thought that was awesome.

Climb-Utah.com

13. Likes stefan, REDFOX liked this post
    When the nickelcades popped up here and there with all the retro games, that was cool. Hard to find them now.

If you love the retro games, build yourself a RetroPie, an inexpensive little computer where you can load ANY video game ROM file on and play, order some classic game controllers and play your favorite old video game. The computer is a Raspberry Pi, usually around 40 bucks, the OS is free, if it's not you're at the wrong site.

If you've seen these classic game systems coming out with multiple games stored on them, it's the same idea that somebody figured out how to commercialize. Certain copyrights will limit the certain games they can load though, so you can build your own, plug into any screen and play those old favorites. Pretty much any thing up through SNES.

15. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    When the nickelcades popped up here and there with all the retro games, that was cool. Hard to find them now.

If you love the retro games, build yourself a RetroPie, an inexpensive little computer where you can load ANY video game ROM file on and play, order some classic game controllers and play your favorite old video game. The computer is a Raspberry Pi, usually around 40 bucks, the OS is free, if it's not you're at the wrong site.

If you've seen these classic game systems coming out with multiple games stored on them, it's the same idea that somebody figured out how to commercialize. Certain copyrights will limit the certain games they can load though, so you can build your own, plug into any screen and play those old favorites. Pretty much any thing up through SNES.
    Then to add to that, you can get a pocket projector too. I have one by Miror and its decent enough. 200 lumens, output of 720p and displays up to 10’ via HDMI. It can run on it’s one battery for about 2 1/2 hours.

I have a small camera case which holds the RP3, 2 snes-style controllers, and that projector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

17. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    enjoyed many of the games mentioned above.

always enjoyed 1942

1942 was another favorite. Also Galaga and pretty much every game that was along those lines.

Also loved Shinobi. They used to have that one at the 7-11 that's a block away from my old elementary school. We would go to school early every day and stop there to get our free Tootsie Pops (if we had a wrapper with a star on it) and play some Shinobi. It was awesome.

20. Likes stefan, accadacca liked this post
    There's a smaller arcade in the Roy area if you know where Kent's market is, 1942 is there, or it might be 1943. I brought my boy in there a month ago, many of the classics like Centipede, Asteroids, Joust, Mario Bros, Donkey Kong

22. Likes stefan liked this post