Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Pet Peeves

Ok, this could be anything and hopefully not a mile of political memes.

My first one is simple. When I see a car on the freeway and their license plate is loose and just flapping in the breeze. Call me a perfectionist, but please tighten that sucker!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

People who cruise the passing lane going less than the speed limit. Never budging an inch for miles, just clogging up the passing lane like an entitled idiot.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

4. Likes devo_stevo, accadacca liked this post
    I think that's one that everyone can agree with.

Related are the guys that will ram themselves up your ass when you're doing 10 over the speed limit in the left lane and you're passing someone. Just back off you jerk.

6. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    So I've been getting a massage every two months or so for the last few years. The gal I was seeing (Megan) who worked at the high end spa I was going to no longer works there...she was REALLY good. A skilled massage therapist can do wonders. Her no longer working there bums me out, so a couple days ago I go online to seek a new therapist. Someone close to my house, ideally.

I choose a gal working her own business not far away. I went to get a massage from her last night. This was my first time seeing her...I was hoping she would be good, and I chose her because her website looked professional and I just had a "gut feeling"...If it turned out to be a lousy massage, I'd keep looking.

MY GOD did I ever hit the lottery. She opens the door to let me in and she's magnificently beautiful. We sit down on the sofa and she does a little interview and then I go into the room, undress and lay on the table...covering myself with the sheet, of course...just like I'm supposed to. I'm there for a therapeutic full body massage, her beauty is just an added bonus. Megan was attractive, too.

Anyway...she's very skilled. Within minutes of her starting to work on me I figured that I'd found a new masseuse. I'm laying on the table with my face buried in the pillow and I hear her say "It's hot in here, I'm going to take off my sweater".

A little while later she has me roll over and I see what she had on under that sweater...it's a camisole and she has fantastic boobs. Now, this isn't some cami that you'd see some gal wearing at the grocery store...this thing was full on lingerie, something sexy that a gal would wear to bed.

Now I know what your'e thinking...Happy ending, right? WRONG. I didn't inquire about such a thing and she didn't offer it. She's just a very free spirited kind of gal and she told me she felt very comfortable with me and she wants to be "comfortable" while she does her work. I was flattered that she considered me "boob worthy"...as she told me most guys get a massage while she wears something more substantial. I would imagine that's quite true...she's very smart, not the reckless type IMO.

The pet peeve? I've always prided myself as not being just another slobbering jacked up dude that falls for a gal doing such a thing, but she set the hook and reeled me right in. "He'll be back"...oh, you bet your ass I will. Funny thing is, her skill was good enough to have me return regularly, so the sexy top was really unnecessary.

Just when I think I'm old enough and have enough experience with women that I can avoid being quipped like that...I'm brought to my knees.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

8. Likes Iceaxe, accadacca liked this post

Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    I think that's one that everyone can agree with.

Related are the guys that will ram themselves up your ass when you're doing 10 over the speed limit in the left lane and you're passing someone. Just back off you jerk.
    Especially when they pass you only to catch right up to the other jackwagons in the fast lane. Yeah bro, blow my doors off so I can follow you. Just like the clowns who speed up to a red light. You pull up right next to them and it’s like, hey what’s up boy racer?

10. Likes devo_stevo, rockgremlin liked this post
    I can't believe you guys are talking shit about me... I don't give a crap how fast you are driving over the speed limit, when I come up behind you in the fast lane get the f**k over where you belong... now you know one of my many pet peeves...

Climb-Utah.com

12. Likes Udink liked this post
    How about when you're in the Right lane and somebody passes you on the left, as they should, but they decide they are going to take it down a notch, get over into the right lane in front of you, and make you slow down so now you've gotta go around and pass them.

^^^Never happens... I drive it like I stole it.

Climb-Utah.com

Pet peeve? All these BMW drivers who know how to use an iPhone with their thumbs & fingers, but don't know how to use the direction indicators on their cars.

Another one are those drivers that creep up and camp on your ass so close that if I had to stop quick they're buying me a new car.

Completely myopic behavior, and downright criminal if they don't have insurance.

My wife's coworker has a 19 year old daughter that just totaled the family car in just this fashion --- driving waaay too close to the car in front of her and then plowed right into that car when they had to stop quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Pet peeve? All these BMW drivers who know how to use an iPhone with their thumbs & fingers, but don't know how to use the direction indicators on their cars.
    Why limit it to just BMW drivers? Around here it's half the population...

And FWIW, I refer to them as challenge lights... hahaha...

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Why limit it to just BMW drivers?
    We use a different definition of BMW drivers in my locale, perhaps.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    td ameritrade

"I understand"

That is all.....
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Pet Peeve realized tonight: Driving my nephews Class-C RV (POS) back to SLC from Las Vegas (yes, this was a surprise to me) and get into SL County and hit ~6:45pm traffic, I'm trying to turn RIGHT to the exit lane to hit 114th south and MF'ers are using that exit lane as their FAST PASS to get ahead of ~30 cars so they can merge back into traffic. What I would give to have a .50cal mounted to the roof!!!!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

21. Likes rockgremlin, devo_stevo, accadacca liked this post
    My pet peeve is people who don't use proper etiquette when posting on forums. The ones that really get my briefs in a bunch are:

1. Those who don't address the group properly. @twotimer - I fixed your post here:

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Dear Penthouse: So I've been getting a massage every two months or so for the last few years. The gal I was seeing (Megan) who worked at the high end spa I was going to no longer works there...she was REALLY good. A skilled massage therapist can do wonders. Her no longer working there bums me out, so a couple days ago I go online to seek a new therapist. Someone close to my house, ideally.

I choose a gal working her own business not far away. I went to get a massage from her last night. This was my first time seeing her...I was hoping she would be good, and I chose her because her website looked professional and I just had a "gut feeling"...If it turned out to be a lousy massage, I'd keep looking.

MY GOD did I ever hit the lottery. She opens the door to let me in and she's magnificently beautiful. We sit down on the sofa and she does a little interview and then I go into the room, undress and lay on the table...covering myself with the sheet, of course...just like I'm supposed to. I'm there for a therapeutic full body massage, her beauty is just an added bonus. Megan was attractive, too.

Anyway...she's very skilled. Within minutes of her starting to work on me I figured that I'd found a new masseuse. I'm laying on the table with my face buried in the pillow and I hear her say "It's hot in here, I'm going to take off my sweater".

A little while later she has me roll over and I see what she had on under that sweater...it's a camisole and she has fantastic boobs. Now, this isn't some cami that you'd see some gal wearing at the grocery store...this thing was full on lingerie, something sexy that a gal would wear to bed.

Now I know what your'e thinking...Happy ending, right? WRONG. I didn't inquire about such a thing and she didn't offer it. She's just a very free spirited kind of gal and she told me she felt very comfortable with me and she wants to be "comfortable" while she does her work. I was flattered that she considered me "boob worthy"...as she told me most guys get a massage while she wears something more substantial. I would imagine that's quite true...she's very smart, not the reckless type IMO.

The pet peeve? I've always prided myself as not being just another slobbering jacked up dude that falls for a gal doing such a thing, but she set the hook and reeled me right in. "He'll be back"...oh, you bet your ass I will. Funny thing is, her skill was good enough to have me return regularly, so the sexy top was really unnecessary.

Just when I think I'm old enough and have enough experience with women that I can avoid being quipped like that...I'm brought to my knees.

2. Posts that don't have happy endings.

23. Likes twotimer, oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post
    Another driving one:

When I go out of my way to courteously let someone change lanes in front of me.....and then they never give the thank you wave.

Where's my thanks?

Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode about that?
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode about that?

I think that was George freaking out about his girlfriend not saying "Bless you" every time he sneezed?

I may be wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I think that was George freaking out about his girlfriend not saying "Bless you" every time he sneezed?

I may be wrong...
    Seinfeld - 037 - The Good Samaritan
    Guest Stars
    Melinda McGraw [ Angela ],
    Ann Talman [ Robin ],
    Joseph Malone [ Michael ],
    Helen Slater [ Becky Gelke]

Broadcast 4 Mar 92
    Written by:: Peter Mehlman
    Directed by: Jason Alexander

--------------------------------------------------

(Jerry is driving alone talking on his car phone to Elaine at home in her
    bed)
    Elaine: You know it's bad enough you have a car phone, you have to use the
    speaker?

Jerry: It's safer! Plus it's more annoying to the other person.

(Driver cuts in front of Jerry)
    Jerry: Oh look at this guy.

Elaine: What's goin' on?

Jerry: Oh there's a guy trying to get in front of me, he has to ask
    permission. Yes. Go ahead. Get in, get in.

Elaine: Did you get a thank you wave?

Jerry: No, nothing. How could you not give a thank you wave? Hey buddy!
    Where's my thank you wave?

(Jerry sticks his head out the window)
    Jerry: Give me that wave!
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post

Posts that don't have happy endings.
    Ha! How about an update?

I went in to have massage number 2 a couple nights ago. Just as I expected, she has set the precedent with the camisole, and answered the door wearing yoga pants and a tank top.

Funny...she complains about guys coming in trying to get "extra service" and says that she has to burn some sage in the room to get rid of the weird vibes and although I didn't say anything, all I can think is "Well put some friggin' clothes on and maybe you won't have that problem". But that's just the way she rolls...she's 44 going on 18.

I lay on the table and she gets to work. She starts talking...and talking, and talking. She vented for the entire hour about her recent divorce. Her life story mixed in, as she was married for 22 years.

Now, I'm a house painter...so I've heard lots of divorce stories. Some of these gals will follow me around all day long just spewing about what a POS the old man was. A woman scorned, no doubt! Especially if the guy took off with another woman...dumped for someone else. I've seen the anger of that drag on for two years.

Anyway, Sherrie my massage therapist has a story unlike anything I've ever heard before. It was like an episode of Jerry Springer on steroids...it's amazing what a woman will tolerate when she's obsessed with a man. Almost unbelievably ridiculous. She's a MESS. A little batshit crazy, too. She's getting therapy over a dude that treated her like a doormat. She says she couldn't believe he was seeing another because she herself is "so hot"...says she was running around the town they lived in (Pagosa Springs) wearing sexy clothes to rub his face in it. To no effect on him, but certainly getting everyone else's attention in town.

She's single right now, and said "I can hand pick any guy from 18 to 80"...but I'll tell you what...whoever the next boyfriend is, he's in for a wild ride. Baggage piled to the ceiling with this one.

So at the end, she says "All this peaceful massage environment is kind of a ruse"...and I replied "Yeah, this hippy-dippy new age chick stuff just went right out the window...you're a f***ing redneck!"

She laughed a little at that, but I think it might have hurt her feelings a bit, too. We'll see.

I'll go in for another in a couple weeks, and hopefully she's got her "story" out of the way now. If she can do her work without the talk, talk, talk...then great. Otherwise, the next one will be the last.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

29. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post