Thread: Old Dogs...

Old Dogs...

An old Doberman starts chasing rabbits and before long, discovers that he's lost. Wandering about, he notices a cougar heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch.

The old Doberman thinks, "Oh, oh! I'm in deep trouble now!"
    Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the cougar is about to leap, the old Doberman exclaims loudly, "Boy, that was one delicious cougar! I wonder if there are any more around here?"

Hearing this, the young cougar halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees.
    "Whew!" says the cougar, "That was close! That old Doberman nearly had me!"

Meanwhile, a squirrel who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the cougar. So, off he goes.
    The squirrel soon catches up with the cougar, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the cougar.

The young cougar is furious at being made a fool of and says, "Here, squirrel, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine!"

Now, the old Doberman sees the cougar coming with the squirrel on his back and thinks, "What am I going to do now?" But instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old Doberman says,

"Where's that squirrel? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another cougar!"

Moral of this story...

Don't mess with the old dogs... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery!

Climb-Utah.com

2. Likes Scott Card, kiwi_outdoors, double moo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement