Thread: Cafe Rio

Cafe Rio

Years ago Bo Beck gave an enthusiastic recommendation that I should try Cafe Rio, but when passing thru St. George I've yet to stray from In-N-Out Burger. Last week another Beck (Glenn on the radio) was regaling his audience about Cafe Rio. Glenn had a guy fly from Utah to Texas and deliver a load of Cafe Rio food in time for his wife's birthday party.

No Cafe Rios here in the Raleigh area but I'm likely passing thru St. G. in November. Fans of Cafe Rio: what should I order?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    IMHO, they used to be great, but since they've been sold (a few times), food quality has deteriorated and most burrito's, etc are now like 80% filler (rice/beans). That being stated, the Sweet Pork Barbacoa Burrito isn't too shabby.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

4. Likes erial, accadacca liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I’m a big fan of the chicken salad with mango dressing.

And be prepared to wait about 8 hours for your food.

You will be line with 40 other people, while one person puts your order together, while the cashier sits there and doesn’t help, and the other 12 workers are in the back cooking wayyyyy too many tortillas and not helping the sole person put your order together. So frustrating watching the madness...

But that salad though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

6. Likes erial, rockgremlin liked this post
    15 years ago I used to be a huge Cafe Rio fan, but not so much anymore.

Climb-Utah.com

I was forced to go by relatives many times years ago and didn't particularly see what the big deal was then.

I like Costa Vida better because CV has refried beans and Cafe Rio does not.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

10. Likes accadacca liked this post
    If my choice is between In-N-Out (limp fries are gross fries) and Cafe Rio, I take Cafe Rio anytime.

Second Costa Vida being better. I always get a smothered chicken burrito with mild sauce and pico at both.

Costa Vida is better and there are a couple in St George! I agree with the Cafe Rio sentiments. I think the tortillas are better at Costa Vida too.

At CV, I like the pork burrito with house dressing or my favorite is two pork enchiladas!

13. Likes erial, rockgremlin liked this post
    There's a Mexican hole-in-the-wall a few miles away. I used to eat there frequently...excellent food, very authentic. Little Anita's.

About 6 months ago I was waiting for my to go order...behind the cashier is an opening where you can see the three Mexican guys preparing the food. The dude steaming the tortillas put his finger in his nose, plucked a booger, rolled it up and flicked it. Completely oblivious that I was looking right at him.

I stood up and walked out of the place...didn't even want the grub. $12 down the drain. Haven't been back since.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?