Thread: Layton Fire, here come the fake drone sightings

Layton Fire, here come the fake drone sightings

https://www.ksl.com/article/46631343...omes-evacuated

Here comes, watch for the drone reports that supposedly turned around the fire crews so homes could burn.

If somebody gets incredible aerial shots of a wildfire, and doesn't share it, what's the point? We have to ask ourselves how many of these drone sightings were legit. I haven't gone out and looked for them but I don't think I've seen drone footage of any Utah fires, except when they were extinguished already. Nobody is going to fly a drone over a fire for awesome shots and not share it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Plus, at 12:44 am? pssshhhttttt, do you know how terrible that shot would be?

Sure, there could be some Saboteurs out there trying to cause trouble, but they would already know the rules and would blatantly ignore them. Please don't let homes burn because of this person.

So if you're ordered to evacuate your house because of a wildfire in the area, what if you just decide not to? What if you just hunker down inside your house with the lights off? Personally, I wouldn't want to go shack up with all my neighbors at the YMCA or LDS Stake Center unless I absolutely had to -- like if the flames were lapping at my back door.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Yes what happens, is it your choice to evacuate or are you arrested if you choose not to?

My understanding is the government cannot force you to leave your home. But if you leave they can block you from returning and they are not obligated to rescue your ass or to provide any services if you refuse to evacuate.

I could be wrong.

Climb-Utah.com

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeroe View Post
    +1

+1
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

What's up with all this +1 talk?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Plus, at 12:44 am? pssshhhttttt, do you know how terrible that shot would be?

Sure, there could be some Saboteurs out there trying to cause trouble, but they would already know the rules and would blatantly ignore them. Please don't let homes burn because of this person.
    Well they cant fly when drones are on the air. Large birds are not a problem though...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I finally banned this dude, @rockgremlin noticed he's linking to a blank image, for that he earned his platinum badge.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I finally banned this dude, @rockgremlin noticed he's linking to a blank image, for that he earned his platinum badge.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

+1

Just kidding. Don't ban me.

13. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Blog Entries
    You can check out my brother’s time lapse vid of the fire here:

He was located on Highway 89 across from the Chevron there and zoomed in with his camera and tripod.

And if you look closely between :14-:19, you will see a drone take off and land...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post

And if you look closely between :14-:19, you will see a drone take off and land...
    Wow, you're right. Do you know what time this was?

Blog Entries

Layton Fire, here come the fake drone sightings

Wow, you're right. Do you know what time this was?
    It was after 11pm. He took off when we heard the Kaysville FD fire engines passing our house to the fire.

It looks like the drone flew up for a few minutes and came back down pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    It was after 11pm. He took off when we heard the Kaysville FD passed our house to the fire.

It looks like the drone flew up for a few minutes and came back down pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, straight up and straight down. Pssshhhtttt, amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    My understanding is the government cannot force you to leave your home. But if you leave they can block you from returning and they are not obligated to rescue your ass or to provide any services if you refuse to evacuate.

I could be wrong.

Climb-Utah.com

Yes, that is exactly what happened with the residents of Elk Ridge and Woodland Hills last Sept. They didn't have to leave, but they were on their own and could only be outside their house during the daytime. The county sheriff did allow them to leave and return during a very narrow time frame each day, but outside that time frame they had to stay put. Hardly anyone chose to stay.

I was just reading that less than 50% of Florida residents under mandatory evacuation chose to actually leave, most stayed with their homes.

Climb-Utah.com