Thread: Climbing gear for a beginner

Climbing gear for a beginner

Looking to be pointed in a direction to buy climbing gear, harness for a beginner. I guess what would maybe qualify something good for a beginner would be price, support, and comfort. Either by brand or a good website with some info on what to look for would be great!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ok, no answers.
    Here I conducted a study myself, looked at different sites. Most of all good reviews about Black Diamond Momentum and Mammut Ophir 3 Slide equipment ( for example for prove it https://www.99boulders.com/climbing-gear-for-beginners). My friends and climbing colleagues also advise the first one.
    But in this article, the highest place in the rating is given to Petzl CORAX Climbing Kit. Do you think it is worth believing the ratings or relying on real recommendations? Maybe still one of the members of the forum will give advice.

maybe just buy what is used at your local climbing wall?

If you are a beginner in climbing so i think Trad harness would be better option for you. These are thinner and more minimal harnesses that won’t cause interference with a pack. They’re designed only to provide safety in case of a fall.
    Take a look at this article https://www.abc-of-rockclimbing.com/...mbing-harness/ to know more on rock climbing harness

Quote Originally Posted by bathwalter View Post
    Looking to be pointed in a direction to buy climbing gear, harness for a beginner. I guess what would maybe qualify something good for a beginner would be price, support, and comfort. Either by brand or a good website with some info on what to look for would be great!
    What specifically do you need. Then I can point you in the right direction. Are you going to be camping as well?

great thread