Thread: Meetup for Zions Canyons Aug 23rd

Meetup for Zions Canyons Aug 23rd

Looking for someone or small group interested in meeting up in Zion for the day on Fri Aug 23rd. I had reserved permits for Orderville and Keyhole and planning to meet with friends in Aug which fell through. I still have the permits reserved. Experienced canyoneer here and planning for a lighter day. Maybe both or just one of these canyons. Looking for a partner because I don't think I will solo these. If no takers, Angel's landing and hiking around it is! Let me know if interested. Ryan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhacking View Post
    Looking for someone or small group interested in meeting up in Zion for the day on Fri Aug 23rd. I had reserved permits for Orderville and Keyhole and planning to meet with friends in Aug which fell through. I still have the permits reserved. Experienced canyoneer here and planning for a lighter day. Maybe both or just one of these canyons. Looking for a partner because I don't think I will solo these. If no takers, Angel's landing and hiking around it is! Let me know if interested. Ryan
    Keyhole is very amendable to going solo. Though perhaps not as much fun...

Orderville is amendable, except for the car shuttle situation. CAN purchase a shuttle to drop you off at the trailhead.

I generally discourage solo canyoning, but these are among the least technical of Zions's canyons's.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Keyhole is very amendable to going solo. Though perhaps not as much fun...

Orderville is amendable, except for the car shuttle situation. CAN purchase a shuttle to drop you off at the trailhead.

I generally discourage solo canyoning, but these are among the least technical of Zions's canyons's.

Tom
    Thanks for the info! Where would you recommend getting a shuttle from?....ZAC? And how much would I be looking at? Thanks

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhacking View Post
    Thanks for the info! Where would you recommend getting a shuttle from?....ZAC? And how much would I be looking at? Thanks
    Looks like it is 29$ from ZAC. Might be a bit less (or negotiable) elsewhere.

https://www.zionadventures.com/zion-...-shuttles.html

Tom

If you value your time at all $29 is a bargain as it takes a couple of hours to clean up the shuttle at the end of the day. That's time I'd much prefer to spend poolside drinking beer with the hot young stripper wife...

YMMV