Thread: Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case

Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case

Charges have been filled and there are some disturbing facts. Also this seemed to be very a very messy murder. There are so many obvious facts here. The guy was clueless if he thought he was going to get away with it.

—-

Police were able to use cellphone GPS data to put Lueck and Ajayi in Hatch Park within one minute of each other. They said the two had previously been in contact, and that Lueck’s last messages were to Ayaji at 2:58 a.m.

Gill would not elaborate on the content of the text messages, but he said Lueck’s phone was powered off at 2:59 a.m. and was never powered on again. Investigators used GPS location data to place Ajayi back at his North Salt Lake home within 10 minutes of Lueck’s arrival at the park.

Behind his home, Gill said detectives found a “fresh dig area,” where neighbors had reported seeing Ajayi fueling a fire with gas.

A search of Ajayi's vehicle turned up a gasoline can, Gill said Wednesday. Investigators later learned Ajayi had purchased a gasoline can at a store near his home about six hours after Lueck went missing, according to the document.

Police also discovered charred material that was determined to be female human tissue consistent with Lueck's DNA profile, he said. A forensic excavation yielded bone, charred tissue, "part of a scalp with hair," a cell phone and personal items, the charging document says.

Investigators reportedly later traced Ajayi’s cell phone to the area in Logan Canyon where her body was discovered.

“Mackenzie’s arms were bound behind her back by a zip tie and rope," Gill said. "A five-centimeter hole was located on the left side of her skull with part of her left scalp missing.”

Gill told reporters Wednesday that a medical examiner determined she “suffered blunt force trauma to the left side of her skull resulting in significant intracranial hemorrhaging which would have been fatal."

"After a lengthy search, detectives located a disturbed area of soil under a grove of trees," Gill said. "Under the soil, detectives located a charred human body."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Did you read the article about this creep wanting to build what was essentially a secret rape dungeon in his basement?

Lueck and I are the same age and this case has really stuck with me. I'm going to take a guess and say that this was a Tinder hook up that Ajayi set up to be a trap or she refused to sleep with him and he got angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    I'm going to take a guess and say that this was a Tinder hook up that Ajayi set up to be a trap or she refused to sleep with him and he got angry.
    She was using Seeking Arrangement, which is a sugar daddy, sugar baby website. The SD/sb websites are one very small step below prostitution. Law enforcement has a difficult time putting a stop to it as theologically the money given is not for sex, and the money is often paid in the form of helping pay rent, car payments, cell phone bill and other ways to skirt the law. The arrangement is often long term.

Horror stories like this is why I believe prostitution should be legalized. Anytime an industry is forced to survive in the shadows it's ripe for problems and the employees become easy prey for abuse.

Climb-Utah.com

5. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

Former prosecutor says Mackenzie Lueck murder case is ‘lacking an eyewitness

The questions, according to former prosecutor and current defense attorney Kent Morgan, are many.

“Is this truly all they have?” said Morgan.

He says cell phone evidence is not witness testimony, which could make the case harder to prove.

“All of this evidence is lacking an eyewitness as to what happened. All of this evidence requires you to draw inferences from the forensic evidence,” said Morgan.

“What we have is geek evidence — that shows where phones are. What we have is post-death evidence that shows where the deceased was and what happened to the deceased. What we’re missing is who did it. And what was the motive for it?” said Morgan.

https://www.abc4.com/news/top-storie...an-eyewitness/

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Former prosecutor says Mackenzie Lueck murder case is ‘lacking an eyewitness

The questions, according to former prosecutor and current defense attorney Kent Morgan, are many.

“Is this truly all they have?” said Morgan.

He says cell phone evidence is not witness testimony, which could make the case harder to prove.

“All of this evidence is lacking an eyewitness as to what happened. All of this evidence requires you to draw inferences from the forensic evidence,” said Morgan.

“What we have is geek evidence — that shows where phones are. What we have is post-death evidence that shows where the deceased was and what happened to the deceased. What we’re missing is who did it. And what was the motive for it?” said Morgan.

https://www.abc4.com/news/top-storie...an-eyewitness/
    Wait...let me do that again. Let's see. I guess this former prosecutor turned defense attorney would also call DNA evidence "geek evidence?" Murder cases are proved beyond a reasonable doubt all the time with only circumstantial evidence, in other words, not direct eyewitness evidence. Further, there are many cases based solely on eyewitness identification that are bad -- i.e., witness identification that is later proved wrong by, you guessed it, circumstantial evidence like fingerprints and DNA. This surprises me that Kent Morgan would be so dismissive of what he calls "geek evidence". Would it be better if there was a person with a cell phone video rolling watching the murder who could testify and show the video? Of course, but that just doesn't happen that often. And frankly the volume of circumstantial evidence that we know about, which I presume is only a part of the story, is a lot of evidence that points to the accused. Innocent until proven guilty, absolutely. However, I would venture a guess that there is plenty of evidence that will ultimately convict this guy. This is a case I would not like to defend and one that I don't see as difficult for the prosecutor given what we do know, assuming the media reports are accurate. If I am a guessing man, he will take a plea bargain that will spare his life, meaning life in prison without parole.
    Life is Good

8. Likes Sombeech, accadacca liked this post

Yeah, seems like they have everything, including the smoking gun.

Seeking Arrangements is just Tinder with extra steps. Lueck probably went into this thinking it was a hook up.

Based on what evidence has been released, I'm going to guess he wanted to do something she didn't, she said no, he got mad because she "owes him", he killed her. It seems she was killed between 3am the morning she got in his car and 9am when he went to the gas station to fill up a gas can.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be premeditated either but I'm learning towards not based off of the blunt force trauma, time frame, and botched burning.

We can sit here and make fun of the defense attorney's comments but what a horrible job that guy must have. And what else can he say but try to get the cellphone data to be inadmissible? Ajayi didn't exactly leave him with the tools to build a solid defense case.