Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inland Port -- What's all the FUSS?

Inland Port -- What's all the FUSS?

I've on and off followed the media circus surrounding the Utah inland port and I just can't understand why it gets so much negative press. Just yesterday there was rioting in the streets of Salt Lake City surrounding this issue:

https://www.ksl.com/article/46591062...storm-building

Can somebody give me a rational explanation as to why this is being (seemingly) blown way out of proportion?

Or inversely, can some conspiracy theorist give me a non-crazy reason why you think the Utah government is getting secret six-figure kick backs from this deal?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Never heard of this, is it the port of entries on the freeways?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Never heard of this, is it the port of entries on the freeways?

FYI

https://www.utahinlandport.org/

Read up - this is apparently a big deal (or so I've heard).

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I've on and off followed the media circus surrounding the Utah inland port and I just can't understand why it gets so much negative press. Just yesterday there was rioting in the streets of Salt Lake City surrounding this issue:

https://www.ksl.com/article/46591062...storm-building

Can somebody give me a rational explanation as to why this is being (seemingly) blown way out of proportion?

Or inversely, can some conspiracy theorist give me a non-crazy reason why you think the Utah government is getting secret six-figure kick backs from this deal?

I was thinking the same thing about this. I have paid basically no attention to it to be honest, but I couldn't figure out why people would riot about it.
    Thanos was right

I know what the Inland Port is but don't exactly understand why the liberals hate it so much. The project should bring growth, jobs and wealth into the state. I was reading the protest signs to get a handle on the hate and it's all about causing global warming and pollution and the usual extreme left buzz words.

I think this is similar to when AOC chased 25,000 Amazon jobs out of New York because it would cause the cost of living to go up in the neighborhoods where Amazon employees would buy housing.

I guess liberals just don't like good paying jobs because having one would cut into all their free time for protesting and force them to pay taxes instead of whine about not getting more free stuff.

Anyhoo.... that's my two cents at the moment.

***This post neither represents nor reflects the opinions of Climb-Utah.com management. These statements may or may not be true. Iceaxe has been known to be full of shit.

7. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    ***This post neither represents nor reflects the opinions of Climb-Utah.com management. These statements may or may not be true. Iceaxe has been known to be full of shit.
    Ahahahaha. Good sig. But you're not full of sheet! It wasn't until Trump and 2016 that I truly started to love you, btw. Straight dude bro love, to be clear.

9. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    ^^^I think you may be right, Ice. Another irrational attack against Capitalism and climate change, organized by pissed off SJWs. Check out the arrest line-up -- they look the part for sure:

Name:  k3.JPG
Views: 211
Size:  46.0 KB

Name:  k2.JPG
Views: 194
Size:  43.8 KB

Name:  krazy1.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  k4.JPG
Views: 194
Size:  47.3 KB

Young ladies in their early 20's out to change the world, one arrest at a time. How do they earn a living? How do they manage to hold down a job amidst organizing riots and protests, not to mention a criminal record? I'm guessing they don't go out on dates, although maybe they should. Find a better way to release all that pent up aggression besides organizing public riots in the name of climate change.

Do you think they would act this way if Hilary were in office?
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 07-11-2019 at 06:37 AM.

12. Likes accadacca liked this post
    How do they hold a job you ask?

They don't. Why do you think they need free everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    How do they hold a job you ask?

They don't. Why do you think they need free everything?

The mindset is just so foreign to me. How do these people eat? Are they homeless? How do they afford purple hair dye? How do they afford to buy megaphones to take to rallies?

When do these people grow up? Or do they just think that they're going to be career SJWs forever?

I would really love for one of these wack jobs to come on here so I can pick their brain about why they think the way they do. That's assuming they have a brain...

Get a brain morans!!!

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  8.6 KB

Last edited by rockgremlin; 07-11-2019 at 07:34 AM.

Some kids I used to run with in high school live the lefty life. They're talented musicians and looks like they make enough to afford the occasional taco, weed, and and small apartment for six guys in the city.

They don't have cars. Not sure if they have any sort of savings, but looks like they make enough money from gigs, odd jobs, and friends to scrap by. I remember we used to always split one guys expenses between us if we went out because he was always dead broke but too much fun to leave at home.

When I see them again I'll send them here and have ourselves a good ol' mud slinging contest.

16. Likes accadacca, BasinCruiser liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    When I see them again I'll send them here and have ourselves a good ol' mud slinging contest.
    Good luck with that, most liberals leave this place in tears after a couple days. But we do have a few center left individuals around that make the website sporting.

18. Likes accadacca, rockgremlin liked this post
    Mullet madness, tree-huggers mosh pit, flower child rebellion...caption this.

Started out as a peaceful hippy dance...

Couple of takeaways from the video: There is still a need for soap and deodorant in this world and #10 S&W tomato cans make good (and annoying) drums. That's about it.
    Life is Good

22. Likes accadacca, jman liked this post
    Blog Entries

Inland Port -- What's all the FUSS?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Mullet madness, tree-huggers mosh pit, flower child rebellion...caption this.

All I heard was a lot of noise. A lot of uncoordinated, sloppy, faux raged youngsters, looking for a fight. Nothing more.

You can’t yell out “police brutality” and start pushing, kicking, and screaming “f*** the police” and “f*** you pigs”. Bizzaro world there.

Antifa is wanting to do so much more damage. If they could, they would have raided the building and then burned it down. It’s not about their so-called “message” is about destruction. Being a vigilante.

Just a bunch people all amped up ready to throw a few punches and run away like the cowards they are. Especially if you wear bandanas to cover your face. Cowardice right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Thanks for the video @jman. That was easily the largest collection of dirty, nasty and androgynous folks I've seen in quite some time. If I looked like them, I'd be angry 24x7..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

25. Likes jman liked this post
    Utterly ridiculous. What's the point of all that? I guess I'll have to read up on this too. Totally caught me by surprise that anyone would protest like that over such a stupid thing.

So much in one frame; Dude in blue shirt on the center right is only there to get with the girl next to him.

The guy on the left in the pink shirt and cutoff jeans, I can smell him.

The trash tarp buffalo costume, somebody else made that, not the person wearing it.

Did I see signs protesting the U.S. immigration laws, at the inland port protest? Some of these people grab whatever they can and head down to the protest. "Hey SunLilly, there's a protest today, this time it's on the inland por- uhh, what was it..... I dunno but grab all of your gear you brought to the last one, there will be cops there this time too"

You can clearly see this is recreation for a lot of these folks, it's something to do, whatever the cause, wherever the location, most of them recognize each other. It's like those of us who go see 80's metal bands play at the bars now, we see all the same people rocking out and trying to meet the same women at a 7:1 ratio. Most of these people just don't have much else going on in their day.

Name:  protest.PNG
Views: 195
Size:  454.5 KB

28. Likes Iceaxe, jman, rockgremlin liked this post
    ^^^ Well, I guess when you don't have a job and you never quite grew up you've gotta fill your day somehow.

30. Likes Iceaxe, jman liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum