Thread: Money in America...

Money in America...

Curious what you all think of this article and the insinuations that it makes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/pers...nO4?li=BBnbfcN

Personally, I hate articles like this. They are so negative and make it sound like there is some sort of great conspiracy to keep people in poverty forever while rich people just keep getting richer and richer by taking money away from lower income people. I really think that reporting like this is what really keeps people from climbing the fiscal ladder. It puts the idea into people's heads that they can't do anything to succeed, so they stop trying. It creates a poverty mentality within people.

Rather than taking responsibility for our actions and realizing that people are buying cars and houses that they can't afford, all while furnishing those houses and buying big TVs on credit rather than just paying for them, it's easier to blame other people. Rich folks are easy targets, so go get them.

Just curious what you all think of this.

Being broke is a condition, while being poor is a mentality.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well, it's an MSN article, so right there you know it's almost 100% horse turds. MSN articles are written by liberals, for liberals.

Being wealthy isn't something that just happens. For most folks it takes a lifetime to acquire enough money to be considered wealthy. And that's a lifetime of making good decisions and working hard. Sadly, it's easier for the have-nots to tear down the rich than it is for them become rich themselves.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

4. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    ^ I couldn't agree more. On both points.

MSN is a joke as all they do is regurgitate articles from other sites that they agree with. The funny thing is that when there is an article that is friendly to conservative points of view, they always have a disclaimer on the article about how it's the opinion of the author and not MSN. On these, though, there is no such disclaimer. Weird, but predictable.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I just wish you 1%ers would start donating to my retirement acct.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

There will always be jerks with a ton of money. If somebody worked hard and did a great job to build a worthy empire, they have 25 grandkids, one of them is going to be an A-hole with inheritance money. We'll do best to not focus on why some jerks have more money than us.

We could take all the money in the US and divide it up evenly among all the citizens.... and in 10 years everyone would be back in pretty much their same financial situation.

People aren't poor because they don't have money, they are poor because they don't know how to manage money.

9. Likes double moo liked this post
    I think you're right about that. The problem I see with this kind of article is that is just makes the problem worse. People read it and just get frustrated and discouraged so they stop trying and start blaming.

We're not doing ourselves any favors publishing crap like this.

11. Likes Iceaxe, rockgremlin liked this post