Thread: New tariffs on outdoor gear might hit recreation industry hard

New tariffs on outdoor gear might hit recreation industry hard

“It’s going to have a huge impact (on the outdoor recreation industry),” Nick Sargent, director of the Snowsports Industries of America, told KSL.com. “For example, if a retailer buys a $100 pair of gloves with a 25 percent tariff on top of that, now they have to pay $125. That’s going to have a huge impact on the retailer who is going to be buying that product from the wholesaler.”

“The consumer then has to make a decision— do I need it or can I live without it? If they can live without it that retailer is going to have a hard time selling that product,” he continued. “If they get to the end of the season and still have a ton of that product, they’re going to have to close it out.”

https://www.ksl.com/article/46554965...-industry-hard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

If someone is buying any serious gear, upon which life depends, made in China, I question the sanity.

If the gear companies manufactured their gear in the US this wouldn't be an issue.

Those not wanting to manufacture in the US will just shift production to the next third world shithole using child labor and paying one dollar a day.

5. Likes Sandstone Addiction, rockgremlin liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    like the Philippines

or Viet Nam

If the Americans, crying over these tariffs can't see the short term pain for the long term gain--they're either stupid or democrats.

This has been passed down from at least the last 4 Presidents, now we have one who knows how to get things done.

The trade defecit with China is unsustainable, along with their theft of intellectual property.

Poor iphone guys--whose phones are made by $3 a day child labor now will pay hundreds more.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

7. Likes Sandstone Addiction, rockgremlin liked this post
    I support this. It brings the manufacturer back to the US, and/or it forces China to lower their prices. All good. Plus it's only Chinese gear with this tariff, certain articles somehow fail to mention that.