Thread: Barr Contempt

We're all here, because we ain't all there.

Barr Contempt

Devastating: Liberal Law Professor Clinically Dismantles Democrats' Contempt Case Against Barr

The sealed version of the report given to Congress only had 2 percent redacted. Democrats are therefore seeking a contempt sanction on a report that is 98 percent disclosed and only lacks grand jury material.

Barr restricted access to the 98 percent disclosed report, as opposed to the 92 percent public report, due to the inclusion of evidence impacting ongoing prosecutions. He has offered to expand the number of members and staff to review that material but insists on it remaining protected. But this has nothing to do with the redactions. It is the 2 percent solution to a major political dilemma of the left. Faced with a report that rejected the collusion theories of their running narrative, Democrats want to focus on those 2 percent of redactions rather than over 400 pages of findings. So Congress now will ask a court to find civil contempt for Barr refusing to release grand jury information. The District of Columbia Circuit Court of Appeals recently rejected a district court claim to have the “inherent supervisory authority” to disclose grand jury matters because of great public interest.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...-weak-n2546087
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Have you guys noticed it's no longer about Russia?

It's weird they don't just ask Mueller what they need to know. Well, not that weird.

Dems had all their eggs in the Mueller basket and it didn't pan out... the Demorats are in big trouble. It will take a decade for them to recover from this debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Dems had all their eggs in the Mueller basket and it didn't pan out... the Demorats are in big trouble. It will take a decade for them to recover from this debacle.

It's hard to say. They still have a pretty good size following that still believe all the original lies

Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    It's hard to say. They still have a pretty good size following that still believe all the original lies
    Until the Democrats organize and get in line they are toast. There is currently a civil war going on inside the party. The Democrats currently have no message and no defined leadership. It also doesn't help that the economy is booming and the Democrats have no response for that. Americans have always voted their pocketbooks and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

YMMV

Anybody who claims that Trump is going to lose in 2020 is not paying attention.

At this point, I'm worried for what happens in 2024 when Trump serves out his 8-year term. Will the Dems have organized by then? Will the GOP have a viable candidate? Will Bernie still be alive?

9. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Here is the real reason the Democrats are attacking Barr with a vengeance....

Barr assigns US attorney in Connecticut to look into government surveillance involving Trump campaign

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bar...trump-campaign

11. Likes double moo liked this post
    So, just to recap, what am I missing or have incorrect:

• Mueller finishes his report, which says that he was unable to find any evidence of colusion or obstruction, and hands it over to Barr.
    • Barr writes a summary of the report, using quotes from it, stating that there is no evidence to press charges for collusion or obstruction.
    • Barr offers to Mueller to review his summary prior to releasing to the public his summary, and Mueller turns him down.
    • Barr releases his review to the public and the MSM and dems freak out and call Barr to testify before congressional special council.
    • Barr also releases Mueller's report (with classified information redacted)
    • Mueller freaks out and writes a letter to Barr complaining that the media coverage of the report isn't harsh enough towards Trump because of Barr's summary, not that there is any misleading or contradicatory in the summary to the report.
    • The dems freak out and call Barr to testify before congressional special council, where the only thing that transpires is Barr uses the term 'spying' to describe US intelligenge agencies using covert techniques to gather intelligence on a political opponent.
    • They try to sue Barr to release the unredacted report, which they lose in court because it is against the law - a law that is Congress's law anyway, which they could amend or change if they wanted to in order to get access to the report.
    • Barr, offers to show the entire unredacted report to a few members of congress - who turns down the offer, and wants to charge him with contempt, anyway.
    • Congress writes up charges of contempt on Barr because he won't release to them the entire unredacted report.

Tell me this is just Congress trying to get justice, and not just trying to put on a dog and pony show for their base to try to take down Trump.

13. Likes rockgremlin, devo_stevo liked this post
    ^^^I got more from this than 3 month's worth of headlines.

Only thing you are missing is numbers.

Barr released 98% of mueller report to congress, to date, no democrats have viewed the 98%

92% was released to the general public(unheard of )

Only thing redacted is Grand Jury testimony, which by law, can not be released.

So--yep, the demonrats are up in arms about 98% of a report being released and Barr following the law.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    ^^^I got more from this than 3 month's worth of headlines.
    Dan Bongino addresses this and sums up this case much better than I do.

0:00 - 16:30 = (relative to the Joe Biden\Ukraine scandle) He talks about how the media 'covers' stories that hurt the democrats - rather than actually covering the story, they try to smear the Rebubs on how they 'pounce' on the story, which explains why it's hard to piece together all of the ongoing events.

16:30 - 28:00= He summarizes this Barr contempt charges story.

Name:  F58AC00F-B6C2-45B3-85EE-393E7E14667E.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  31.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Name:  F58AC00F-B6C2-45B3-85EE-393E7E14667E.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  31.0 KB
    No way, did he really say that?

Ha, I guess he did. I'm searching for a video

21. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Republicans have humor--dems have??Russia
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

25. Likes devo_stevo, BasinCruiser liked this post
    Name:  680052B7-42D9-453C-A4BC-21C20613724D.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  27.0 KB