Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    It is the "median" house hold income.

They need to change the graphic.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Chere'

4. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I call bullshite.

Could be a way to justify keeping real estate prices high along the Wasatch Front since they've been sky-high for way too long. After all, the statistics are coming from the Salt Lake Board of Realtors.

Nothing from the Dakotas? They're drilling a ton of oil up there, and I'm certain there are numerous heavy equipment operators up there getting a 6-figure salary from Schlumberger and/or Anadarko.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/07/medi...us-bureau.html

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Chere'

FYI - The map Accadacca posted is adjusted for cost of living.

It seems reasonable to me.... Utah really doesn't have any slums where tens of thousands live on welfare. And for the most part people that live in Utah (And the rest of the mountain states) are hard working top to bottom.

FWIW - Last time I looked Idaho had more millionaires based on percentage of population then any other state, which backs up my belief that the mountain states are hard working.

And to Rockgremlin, real estate prices don't have a lot to do with median wage. In addition the map is adjusted for the cost of housing.

Real estate will forever remain high in SL valley as we have nearly run out of room to build. The rest of the Wasatch is quickly following suit. It's the same reason real estate has been high forever in Manhattan. Once all the land is gone prices skyrocket and will never come down.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    FYI - The map Accadacca posted is adjusted for cost of living.

It seems reasonable to me.... Utah really doesn't have any slums where tens of thousands live on welfare. And for the most part people that live in Utah (And the rest of the mountain states) are hard working top to bottom.

FWIW - Last time I looked Idaho had more millionaires based on percentage of population then any other state, which backs up my belief that the mountain states are hard working.

And to Rockgremlin, real estate prices don't have a lot to do with median wage. In addition the map is adjusted for the cost of housing.

Real estate will forever remain high in SL valley as we have nearly run out of room to build. The rest of the Wasatch is quickly following suit. It's the same reason real estate has been high forever in Manhattan. Once all the land is gone prices skyrocket and will never come down.
    All of this. Especially the ghetto part. Make your guess as to the shittiest neighborhood in Utah and it compares very favorably to the worst neighborhood in most other states.
    Thanos was right

What they are showing is the state "Median" income. Not highest income in Utah adjusted for cost of living. The graphic Acca posted makes no sense, they arbitrarily picked 10 random states. Utah is #1 out of those 10 selected states but not #1 in the country.

This link https://www.homearea.com/rankings/st...sehold_income/ dated 2017 has Utah ranked #14 out of 51 with DC in the top spot they have a median income of $82,372. Incidentally ID is the 41st spot ($51,807) with WV in the last with a median income $43,469

This link https://www.advisorperspectives.com/...te-2017-update gives you a bit more information such as the peak year of median income for a state and how it has changed. On this list Utah's median is $71,319 down just a bit from 2008 when we peaked so this article says.

This link https://www.census.gov/content/dam/C...acsbr17-01.pdf Utah's median is $68,358 and it also has median income for every state since 2005 and it looks like we peaked in 2007 and dropped and then climbed back up.

Acca's graphic lacks a lot of information. Not to mention the 2018 date on the graphic is wrong as well because they don't have information for median income for 2018 out yet.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    What they are showing is the state "Median" income. Not highest income in Utah adjusted for cost of living. The graphic Acca posted makes no sense, they arbitrarily picked 10 random states. Utah is #1 out of those 10 selected states but not #1 in the country.
    That's what I thought as well.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

11. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

'Aint that the truth. New York, 'Frisco, LA, Miami have all had expensive real estate for decades because of this. Now all these western cities are doing the same thing. It just took time for us to get there.

When I moved from LA to Denver in '93, it was half the size it is now...but I was able to buy real estate cheap and start my business and it all grew nicely right under my feet. I've already put in the time and I don't need to do anything now...

but if I were to advise someone just starting out (young) I'd say move to a medium sized city where you can buy a nice little house for under $225 or a condo for around $100 or less. There are millions of people who are wealthy because of doing just that...get started and let time do its thing.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreywalton View Post
    This graphic is not actual for some time.
    It is for platinum members.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.